ricoh arena sponsorship (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

Was that the year we played Watford - that was lethal!?
I was lifted off my feet then squashed against a barrier - it was all standing behind the goals

Oh, I thought you meant the West Ham game. 3-2 at home, 0-2 away.

Terry Gibson's perm

In the end a sponsor for a Ground will look at long term opportunity for exposure. Number of hits. You mention Global Brand - well if a business wants a global price it has to have Global exposure. Rugby does not have that in the same way as football. There is some exposure in Japan but other far east markets there is not and even there it is very minority.

It is in the main a limited colonial sport with no global appeal. Football has. So in negotiations the association with the football club becomes a consideration as even at League One level it attracts the same exposure level as Wasps and Wasps are at the pinnacle of their game So yes it annoys them like hell.

Shirt sponsorship is small beer

Quite often I disagree with what you say but you have summed Rugby up there

olderskyblue

it was but I replied to your post about getting out alive. Watford was too full for that game

The West Ham away game was a nightmare. About 50 of their fans in combat gear in our end regularly attacking our fans throughout the game.... It was well orchestrated if you're into that sort of thing, but very violent.

Liquid Gold

Surely it is insane for any sports team. Football is insane.
With football you at least have the vague hope of making it rich in the PL, £100m for finishing bottom now isn't it? You win the rugby premier league and the European cup and you're going to get nowhere near that money.

Hobo

With football you at least have the vague hope of making it rich in the PL, £100m for finishing bottom now isn't it? You win the rugby premier league and the European cup and you're going to get nowhere near that money.

But many are paying out more than that just too finish bottom. It may sound a lot but if your outgoings are more it isn't. Wealth has nothing to do with income, it is about the money left over and the assets you hold.

Sadly rugby is trying to copy football.

Users who are viewing this thread