Ricoh events and Wasps ticket outlet (1 Viewer)

Grendel

No I'm wasting my money at Doncaster watching a dire football team going through the motions.

Surprised you weren't watching your franchise mates getting turned over.

Grendel

My first priority was the football team. Did you go ?

No and if you truly think anything of CCFC you'd apologise to everyone and admit you were wrong to be wasps PR machine.

It's time you retire from the whore game and show some dignity.

italiahorse

No and if you truly think anything of CCFC you'd apologise to everyone and admit you were wrong to be wasps PR machine.

It's time you retire from the whore game and show some dignity.

Your on cloud cuckoo land pal.
Other than saying I attend how have I been Wasps PR machine ?

You do know you can support both, don't you ?

Moff

I am sure I am not the only one who want to congratulate Saracens on their Champions Cup Semi Final win today. Its tragic it was at the expense of Wasps.;) :D

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Your on cloud cuckoo land pal.
Other than saying I attend how have I been Wasps PR machine ?

You do know you can support both, don't you ?

Constantly defending their presence in the city despite the fact that their original fans will never were them as a Coventry club.

Oh, and defending them and their presence in Coventry at every oportunity possible; this is despite your own outbursts when ccfc were temporarily based in Northampton.

You're on cloud cuckoo land yourself if you can't see how much of hypocritical arsehole you come across.

Still, as long as you're making money, who cares about the city and it's traditions?

Otis

Think most of us will never see them as a Coventry club.

Going to take at least a couple of generations I think.

Glad I won't be here for it.

shy_tall_knight

Caught the train to Brum last night from cov and the train was from Reading lots of WASPS fans got off at Coventry but quite a few got off at both International and New street. The train from Cov new Street was very lively but thnkfully they didn't sing allez alllez allez. Work with a Villa fan who isn't getting a season ticket next season but planning to go to a lot of away games and WASPS games.

italiahorse

Constantly defending their presence in the city despite the fact that their original fans will never were them as a Coventry club.

Oh, and defending them and their presence in Coventry at every oportunity possible; this is despite your own outbursts when ccfc were temporarily based in Northampton.

You're on cloud cuckoo land yourself if you can't see how much of hypocritical arsehole you come across.

Still, as long as you're making money, who cares about the city and it's traditions?

You need to show where I defend them or you are just making a silly statement ............. again.

I go to watch Wasps and say that we are where we are and CCFC have no choice but to work with them.
You, Grendel and Nick constantly bring this Wasps PA stuff up. You need to read back my posts rather than play Chinese whispers and continue the self beating.

You have no idea whether Northampton was permanent or not. Sisu had no stadium plan and constantly said they would only come back to the Ricoh as owners.
If you went to Northampton you would have supported the later. I didn't support it so I never went or slammed them that did.

You would be surprised how many Wasps fans travel and how many say this was the only way they could survive.
Yes some dropped off but so did some when they moved to Wycombe.
The fan base will continue to grow and if you can't come to terms with it then you'll have to keep fighting aimlessly, like Sisu.

Keep wearing the hair shirt, I couldn't give a toss what you and other narrow minded people think I'll support both CCFC home and away and Wasps at 'home' for the time being.

chiefdave

You have no idea whether Northampton was permanent or not. Sisu had no stadium plan and constantly said they would only come back to the Ricoh as owners.

Well there's one fairly obvious way to show it wasn't permanent. We're not there now and are back at the Ricoh which we don't own.

chiefdave

You would be surprised how many Wasps fans travel and how many say this was the only way they could survive.
Yes some dropped off but so did some when they moved to Wycombe.

It would be a surprise given that Wasps have stated a very large percentage of ticket sales are to CV postcodes. They also have given any indication of what percentage of Wycombe season ticket holders renewed, wonder why that could be?

The fan base will continue to grow and if you can't come to terms with it then you'll have to keep fighting aimlessly, like Sisu.

Total speculation on your part. The move to Coventry very closely mirrors their move to QPR and their subsequent move to Wycombe, both of which saw crowds drop. Crowds have dropped this season at the Ricoh for Wasps games so I'm not sure how you can state with any certainty their fan base will continue to grow.

You seem to continually confuse people not agreeing with Wasps being here with some sort of fight against them or support for SISU. The move was wrong and in my opinion anyone who attends games is endorsing the move, its the same opinion I had of our move to Sixfields.

chiefdave

We are talking about at the time.
Easy to say now with hindsight.

It wasn't too hard to see at the time:

We had a 3 year lease with a possible 2 year extension
We didn't have FA / FL permission to stay longer than that
The club stated it was a temporary move
Regulations came in after Wimbledon's move to prevent another club doing similar.

italiahorse

It would be a surprise given that Wasps have stated a very large percentage of ticket sales are to CV postcodes. They also have given any indication of what percentage of Wycombe season ticket holders renewed, wonder why that could be?

Of course last season was a high proportion of CV codes. The crowds dwarfed the previous Wycombe season.

Total speculation on your part. The move to Coventry very closely mirrors their move to QPR and their subsequent move to Wycombe, both of which saw crowds drop. Crowds have dropped this season at the Ricoh for Wasps games so I'm not sure how you can state with any certainty their fan base will continue to grow.

Crowds were always going to drop after last season as the novelty dropped off. The proof of the pudding will be in the next few years where you would expect a small percentage rise year on year.

You seem to continually confuse people not agreeing with Wasps being here with some sort of fight against them or support for SISU. The move was wrong and in my opinion anyone who attends games is endorsing the move, its the same opinion I had of our move to Sixfields.

I like Wasps owners believe that they needed to move or die. A lot of their fans I have contact with also agree. I have yet to speak to a dissenting fan.
In that respect the move was right.

italiahorse

It wasn't too hard to see at the time:

We had a 3 year lease with a possible 2 year extension
We didn't have FA / FL permission to stay longer than that
The club stated it was a temporary move
Regulations came in after Wimbledon's move to prevent another club doing similar.

The FA/FL. Don't make me laugh :))

Mark my words. If Sisu had kept us at Northampton they would have comprimised. Or what else would they do ?

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Italia you are not likely to speak to a dissenting fan as they have walked away, they may well have struggled if they hadn't moved but as with most clubs a new owner would have come obviously the current chap would have lost a few a few quid.

when they were searching for a new ground they can't have looked very hard as they missed an Olympic stadium and the old ground at Rushden but what they wanted was a stupid and pathetic council and they found one here.

on the crowds they might go up they might go down most will depend on success as there can't be a biggest bunch of fickle bandwagon jumpers as the people who follow them in this city.

i don't like Wasps but I don't like Sisu either and I didn't think either if them should own the arena.

Moff

Sometimes you have to state the bloody obvious.

All posters on this site can state the obvious, its just it can be ignored by others when it doesn't meet the argument they are making.

If you want obvious, Dave rightly stated about Wasps matching a fan pattern that they did at both QPR and Wycombe. This was in response to your inaccurate claim that crowds will just increase for them. Dave correctly pointed out the 'obvious' fact that at all three stadia after a rise in attendances, they then dropped, to a lower level. Its a fact.

It appears Dave stating the obvious on this occasion, was ignored by yourself. Whether it affects anything over time I have no idea, but this trend has been apparent and continues at the Ricoh.

italiahorse

All posters on this site can state the obvious, its just it can be ignored by others when it doesn't meet the argument they are making.

If you want obvious, Dave rightly stated about Wasps matching a fan pattern that they did at both QPR and Wycombe. This was in response to your inaccurate claim that crowds will just increase for them. Dave correctly pointed out the 'obvious' fact that at all three stadia after a rise in attendances, they then dropped, to a lower level. Its a fact.

It appears Dave stating the obvious on this occasion, was ignored by yourself. Whether it affects anything over time I have no idea, but this trend has been apparent and continues at the Ricoh.

It's all a matter of interpretation.
The crowds at the Ricoh were abnormally large last season for a majority of reasons (Novelty, free tickets, Premier Rugby etc)
This season they have dropped but he uses that as a fact that interest in Wasps is dropping since moving here from Wycombe.
He should use the Wycombe attendances compared to this years as an early indication of how successful the Ricoh move is..
I'm just pointing that information out.

Sick Boy

As usual it seems that anyone who is critical of the franchise has their head up sisu's arse.

Great logic there.

Grendel

The crowds at the Ricoh were abnormally large last season for a majority of reasons (Novelty, free tickets, Premier Rugby etc)
This season they have dropped but he uses that as a fact that interest in Wasps is dropping since moving here from Wycombe.
He should use the Wycombe attendances compared to this years as an early indication of how successful the Ricoh move is..

Well no - we should look next season if they continue to drop. Most of us hope the trend continues. Most of us do not want them here. That will never change.

chiefdave

I like Wasps owners believe that they needed to move or die. A lot of their fans I have contact with also agree. I have yet to speak to a dissenting fan.
In that respect the move was right.

So you believe any old rubbish Wasps come out with but not a word SISU say? Surely if Wasps needed to move and obtain stadium ownership to survive is true it blows out of the water your suggestion that we can quite happily stay as tenants of theirs.

Also it then follows that if SISU moved us elsewhere in order to obtain stadium ownership you would think that the right move, is that correct?

Italia you are not likely to speak to a dissenting fan as they have walked away, they may well have struggled if they hadn't moved but as with most clubs a new owner would have come obviously the current chap would have lost a few a few quid.

Exactly right, speaking to people watching Wasps at the Ricoh is hardly a representative sample.

when they were searching for a new ground they can't have looked very hard as they missed an Olympic stadium and the old ground at Rushden but what they wanted was a stupid and pathetic council and they found one here.

They wanted a ground without paying for it. Look at what they tried to get Wanderers, who had no need to move, to do in order to provide them with a new stadium. They also turned down the chance to be part of a new stadium project in the area of their traditional home as the council, who were paying for it, wouldn't hand it over to them!

Wimbledon have managed to find a site and will be building a 11K capacity stadium for £16m, with expansion to 20K possible. How come they could do it but it was impossible for Wasps. In fact the new stadium is only about 6 miles from Wasps traditional home so they could have gone in on the project with Wimbledon.

Crowds were always going to drop after last season as the novelty dropped off. The proof of the pudding will be in the next few years where you would expect a small percentage rise year on year.

Why were they going to drop? Other top level rugby teams who have moved have achieved year on year increases. In fact Wasps are the only team I can find that have seen attendances decrease in their second season at a new stadium.

To an extent a matter of interpretation but you seem to be arriving at an interpretation that ignores all available evidence. Of course you compare attendances year on year, sure you can put in a caveat like they have dropped massively as we've gone to Northampton but thats it. There's no point comparing to Wycombe as they don't play there now.

Lets look at relevant evidence:
When we moved to the Ricoh attendances initially increased then dropped
When Wasps moved to QPR attendances initially increased then dropped
When Wasps moved to Wycombe attendances initially increased then dropped
When Wasps moved to the Ricoh attendances initially increased and have since dropped
London Welsh attendances increased their first and second Premiership seasons in Oxford however moved was deemed a failure and they have moved back to London
London Irish attendances increased their first five seasons at Reading, recent years have seen fluctuation but the average remains higher then when they first moved and far larger than the capacity of their old ground. Despite this the move is deemed a failure and they are currently looking to move back to South West London.

chiefdave

If you blame Wasps constantly and never say boo to Sisu you are up there on a hook.

The people who aren't against SISU seem to only exist in your imagination. Its been explained to you many times the reason there isn't thread after thread about SISU is that everyone agrees!

Users who are viewing this thread