Robins Decision Making (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
This is far from saying sack him, I don't think we should. I think he does need to start having a bit of a think about a Plan B though.

It seems as if he is generally lost with what to do, against Accrington we had no answer and again last night we couldn't break them down.

His substitutions and the timing of them are getting stranger as well, I understand bring Ponticelli on but what's the point in doing that and then starting to go direct? His strength is making runs on the last man and finishing, what's a big kick from the defender going to do for him? At some points he was hugging the touchline on the right and we didn't win an attacking header from goal kicks etc after that so everything came straight back at us.

His stubbornness to play 2 defensive midfielders that sit back, even when we are losing 1-0 and chasing the game is baffling. Did he not notice that when we had our spell of 2nd half turnarounds it was when Kelly took on a more advanced role?

He has said that in training they have been working on shooting, are they just practising trying to score worldies all day or are they practising on breaking defenses down and opening them up for goals?

Again, I don't want him to be sacked but Saturday will show how much of a plan B he has. At the minute any manager who sticks 10 behind the ball is out thinking him.

covcity4life

he has had longest honeymoon period ever as hes always done well on pitch or had valid excuses(pts deductions,coming after slade had relegated us etc)

but now fans will start to turn on him if he doesnt sort it out. its been a long time now where we play same way without making chances,also he leaves sub changes for ages and doesnt always use all 3

that said we cant forget the good work he has done so shouldnt get on his back yet, lets just hope he bounce back with a win saturday

Esoterica

He said after the Accrington game when asked about FGR 'They'll come and park the bus, pass the ball and try and play on the counter attack, similar to what a lot of sides do and put the onus on us to go and score a goal.'
So he knows what's coming, I just don't know how we get from that to starting the game with 2 holding central midfielders.

Nick

Administrator
Yep, he knew exactly what they would do but failed to change anything to go against them parking the bus. Even when we went 1-0 down he still failed to react.

Esoterica

Yep, he knew exactly what they would do but failed to change anything to go against them parking the bus. Even when we went 1-0 down he still failed to react.
Was it the corner before half time where we left 4 players in the box and half our team trotted back to the half way line? I thought he'd given a goal kick at one point!

Londonccfcfan

Lets face it over reliant on Jones and The Duke, they are the only creative spark in the team.

Desperately need another. Tony Andreu was a massive blow.

hinckley cov

He’s not going to change that’s the robins way and it’s failed at every club he’s been at . Time to go and save this season .

ccfcway

He’s not going to change that’s the robins way and it’s failed at every club he’s been at . Time to go and save this season .

Lets get that revolving door ready, who do we fancy, Mike Phelan, Tony Adams, Paulo Di Canio, Andie Richie, Justin Edinburgh, Brian Laws, Michael Doyle (player manager), Oggy ?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Was it the corner before half time where we left 4 players in the box and half our team trotted back to the half way line? I thought he'd given a goal kick at one point!
That was because Forest Green left 4 up front for our corner! Never seen anything like it and really seem to throw them.

stevefloyd

I think time to go is a massive over reaction, he has steadied the ship got a complete new team in and some of the new players were bound to be duds, even going back to Dennis Bergamp he looked pretty useless in his first season but then turned out to be pure class, it takes time to build a winning team but I agree he needs to try something different because we have been found out now

letsallsingtogether

I think time to go is a massive over reaction, he has steadied the ship got a complete new team in and some of the new players were bound to be duds, even going back to Dennis Bergamp he looked pretty useless in his first season but then turned out to be pure class, it takes time to build a winning team but I agree he needs to try something different because we have been found out now
But we have a new team every year cant keep using those excuses.
Don't other teams have the same?

Polar

I think most of us see that some kind of plan b, to overwhelm teams that play conservatively.

My only point to add is that although a plan b is in my view critical, it’s astounding that we didn’t score with Robin’s plan A last night!

I mean...we had at least 15 good chances, their keeper made some good saves, and how on earth did Duke pull a couple of his shots wide? Even Ponticelli had two nailed on close chances.

Also on the point about holding midfielders, dunno if anyone noticed but Doyle frequently pushed forwards, unlike in previous games. I believe he had a great shot early on as well.

Surely it’s not so much the formation or the tactic, but the ability for the front two to STICK IT IN THE NET!

Is it just bad luck? If we have 15 chances this weekend then will we win 4-0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread