Robins (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Tiny I wanted Mowbray sacked and robins in last February - what did you say about that opinion?

Changing the subject. I suppose it's difficult to argue when it's your own word against yours. I've been pointing out to you for a while now that having two opinions on everything doesn't make you never wrong it makes you never right. Your chickens have just come home to rest pal. No wonder you're trying to change the subject. Tough luck buster.

Grendel

Just admit when you've been proven wrong about something. This is pathetic.

But I've been proven right as I wanted robins last season and Mowbray gone

The Reverend Skyblue

I left this debate at around midday and can't believe it's still going.
In this time I've written a 3000 word case study ,not inncluding all the calculations ,on the annual energy production of three different wind turbines for a Uni assignment
My life is so exciting.

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

More on topic, I pray to the great man above that Robins stays for next season and starts to sort this shitfest of a club out.
With him at the helm I predict the good ship HMS Skyblue will comfortably win automatic promotion next season

Grendel

Nobody is denying that. That isn't the accusation that's been levelled at you though so it proves nothing.

Accusation? Oh my it's a Salem Witch Hunt. Tony how will I survive? I don't think I'll ever recover.

Grendel

Grendel is essentially Simon Gilbert.
I've solved the case.

Not really. If that was the case Captain Dart would live up my anus. I've just had a shit and I can't see him in the pile.

Johnnythespider

This is better than Judge Rinder, mind you most things are better than that.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Speedies_Chips

Changing the subject. I suppose it's difficult to argue when it's your own word against yours. I've been pointing out to you for a while now that having two opinions on everything doesn't make you never wrong it makes you never right. Your chickens have just come home to rest pal. No wonder you're trying to change the subject. Tough luck buster.

I think chickens actually come home to roost. They don't come home for a rest - lol.
Dave Gorman would like that one.

Grendel

It was only a few weeks ago that you said you don't call people on here stupid names or council whatever.

Tony was a spelling mistake. Captain I make an exception for as in my opinion he is not a supporter of the club as evidenced by the fact he struggles when discussing football related matters.

skybluetony176

Tony was a spelling mistake. Captain I make an exception for as in my opinion he is not a supporter of the club as evidenced by the fact he struggles when discussing football related matters.

Twice in two consecutive post's? OK if you say so. Just admit it, you were spitting feathers because your own words had been used to trip you up big time.

Grendel

Twice in two consecutive post's? OK if you say so. Just admit it, you were spitting feathers because your own words had been used to trip you up big time.

If you say so Tiny

SkyBlueCRJ

I think we should be very sceptical about the possibility for promotion next season. I do believe Robins will stay as to my knowledge he's signed an 18 month contract and will see that out. However the fact of the matter is, SISU are not pumping money into the club. Or even if they are, based on their history it's unlikely they will give Robins the budget that is required for a promotion push.

Whilst I believe he will remain as manager of Coventry City FC for the forthcoming season. It's no secret that if SISU don't give Robins the budget that he wants/needs then there will be no viable reason for him to stay, as there will be no incentive except that of another below-par season for CCFC.

I think we all realise that the budget is guaranteed to be cut next season, the question is by how much. A good friend of mine is an avid Chesterfield fan and he claims that a suitable promotion budget would be in the region of around 1.5 - 2 million. This was their budget upon their automatic promotion in the 2013/14 season. However this was 3 years ago. With the amount of money that has been pumped into football as a whole then there's no doubt that the estimated figure for an automatic promotion push will be higher. If what has been previously stated by the press and CCFC officials is true, then our playing budget this season was around 2 million. Will our budget be in this region next season - the simple answer is no. Then what will it be?

The playing budget reflects on the income of the club. With sponsorship, league prize money and ticketing sales inevitably dropping next season, so will the playing budget. This leads me to believe that the only way we will get the budget required will be to sell players - most likely Ben Stevenson. Whilst I like it no more than the next fan seeing our home grown talent being shipping off for other clubs to reap the rewards, its no secret that this summer we have no option but to sell in order to generate the money required.

However this could be another cause for Robins to leave. If we are selling our best talent upon the start of a season where realistically we want promotion, what message does that send? Our only hope is that Mark Robins is a realist and understands that this is where the bulk of his playing budget will come from. Furthermore, we need to hope that he has the self-belief to realise that with the money acquired from a Stevenson sale for example, he will be able to build a better, more well-rounded team.

Robins knows the football league better than most and has the experience. I think it will be interesting to see his ability to build a strong squad, under the assumption that he stays. Remember he inherited the squad during his previous tenure last time. The three players he bought in that stood out were the acquisitions of Leon Clarke, James Bailey and Frank Moussa who were integral to our overall season. Hopefully given the right budget, Robins can bring in players of the same calibre. I do stress the word 'hopefully' as I'm not holding my breath.

SlowerThanPlatt

Think the the likes of Willis, Stevenson and Harries will be off which would generate about £2m-2.5m. If Haynes and Thomas (hopefully not) decide to reject contracts we'd be in line for about £500k development fees.

Also Checkatrade money which was about £700k in total I think?

Hopefully Robins can get some of that money and build a strong team.

skybluetony176

Of course the teams he has managed have never been tipped for promotion but it supports my fear that he isn't attacking enough to get us out of league 2 next season

Of wiki this sounds familiar also "Robins gained much praise for his first two seasons with the Millers. The first saw Rotherham consistently in the automatic promotion places until a late dip in form".

Just saying.

Grendel

Robins would have finished 5th in his second season at Rotherham but for the fact they had a 17 point deduction.

ccfchoi87

Robins would have finished 5th in his second season at Rotherham but for the fact they had a 17 point deduction.

That's more promising then, I do fear that next year teams will put 11 men behind the ball against us and I'm not sure robins will really risk losing to go for the win

skybluetony176

Worrying, we can only hope

I'm sure he'll prove to be a good manager for us this time around. I just think anyone predicting a top 7 finish next season are getting way ahead of themselves and are setting themselves up for a fall. It's TM's appointment all over again with the same posters putting him on an unlikely pedestal to knock him off. Fact is there are a lot of similarities between Robins and Mowbray although Mowbray does have a better record in top 8 finishes.

Users who are viewing this thread