Rockbusters (1 Viewer)

Fans of early Ricky Gervais work might be familiar with this game from his radio show. Bored at work on a Friday, so i'll attempt to revive the game on here :)

Basically a cryptic clue is given as well as the initials of a Band or Solo singer, and you just guess who it is. The original clues given by Karl Pilkington (if you're thinking who? then please find out) were more often than not so loosely connected to the actual answer it caused a bit of a laugh and debate, so get thinking massively outside the box aha ;)

Examples from the original include:

That'll never get off the ground. (LZ) = Led Zeppelin

Well, I've had a rubbish day so I'm happy it's over. (GK) = Gladys Knight (glad it's night)

If there was a Jamaican fella on the Titanic, he might have screamed this. (CD) = Chris DeBurgh (Christ, de berg!)

Better than the average homeless person. (S) = Supertramp

Extend it to include TV Programmes and films (past & present) as well if you want but state which category it is for each one.

I'll start it off with a TV programme.

Those castle turrets don't look safe (FT)

Enjoy

TheRoyalScam

Fawlty Towers

Pop Music: I can't help but think back to 16th May 1987 - our greatest achievement! (LITP)

Grendel

ELO! Or Eci thump..

rob9872

The Specials?

rob9872

If it is .. then:

S&M (TK)

Think I've got Dutchmans, bit unwilling to say because im worried of losing any remote credibility i have on here!

The Saturdays? :whistle:

rob9872

yep looks right to me DH, wp mate. Can you get mine too or are you going for one of your own now?

TheRoyalScam

TK = The Kinks
EL should have been ELO!

band: Deal in illegal substances while on the road??? (T)

Sorry pop-pickers - got to go pick Miss Scam up from the speedway now.

PUSB

TRS

Grendel

As I got one right I'm going to ask one;

"You should never put an ageing Welsh Rock Band on a Perch" = ???

TheRoyalScam

Budgie

band: Deal in illegal substances while on the road??? (T)

clue: lead vocalist was a child prodigy who played keyboards and guitar (SW)

Users who are viewing this thread