Rogue One (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Anyone seen it yet? Me and the lad are going this week sometime, Star Wars mad in our house.

Otis

Anyone seen it yet? Me and the lad are going this week sometime, Star Wars mad in our house.
Very good reviews.

I am not at all a Star Wars fan, but I did enjoy the last one.

The word is that this one is much darker, but very good.

torchomatic

Very good reviews.

I am not at all a Star Wars fan, but I did enjoy the last one.

The word is that this one is much darker, but very good.

I'm not reading any reviews or anything this year. Last year I read one on a fan site which mentioned Han Solo dying so it ruined it a bit for me.

torchomatic

skybluedan

I'm not reading any reviews or anything this year. Last year I read one on a fan site which mentioned Han Solo dying so it ruined it a bit for me.

Was just going to say I will probably watch the other one first , probably won't now.
Hahaha

torchomatic

skybluejelly

I didn't really like it ..could not get any affiliation with the characters ...the cgi of Peter Cushing is dreadful they should have just filmed someone from behind instead ... The last 20 minutes was ok ...it just seemed a bit of a pointless film

olderskyblue

Yeah. Can only apologise for letting you know the outcome a mere 17 years after the film was released. ;)

Like tgp, I like to wait for the fuss to die down.....

Johnnythespider

I watched it last night with my lads, only about a third full on a Saturday evening. We enjoyed it and I think it could stand alone as a film although it positions as episode 3 1/2 according to my lads who are big fans. I thought the cgi of Cushing was fine, death it seems is no longer a barrier to appearing in a film.

Otis

I watched it last night with my lads, only about a third full on a Saturday evening. We enjoyed it and I think it could stand alone as a film although it positions as episode 3 1/2 according to my lads who are big fans. I thought the cgi of Cushing was fine, death it seems is no longer a barrier to appearing in a film.
I am waiting for it to not being a barrier to still appearing in life.

RegTheDonk

Saw it the other night with my lad and grandson. First 20 minutes was a bit confusing with new characters and all the different planets you were hopping around, but then it settled down and we really enjoyed it. Otis, it is darker - quite "gritty" in places, I guess that's the style these days, you can see why it's a 12A - but my grandson wasn't upset (its his first Star Wars film) and for him it was a good prelude for the original trilogy. The battle scenes were fantastic, as you would expect these days, so I've told him not to expect anything so grand to start with (we'll get the DVDs out one weekend and I'll sit through them with him).
Only a couple of things put me off. The guy playing the lead is Mexican...his accent was really annoying throughout. Should have cast someone who can hide their accent, thought he was trying to sound French!
How shit are stormtroopers? I know its sci-fi, but 20 of them with blasters get taken out by a blind bloke with a stick!
On the plus side, have to disagree with jelly (sorry mate) when I first saw "Cushing" I thought they must have compiled the scene with outtakes, thought it was really good. Some of the close ups, yes you can tell its cgi but fair play to the animators, thought they did a decent job (and with "Carie Fisher" too).
Also, its Star Wars - its good vs evil and even though those of us who have seen the original films know this one ends up with the rebels stealing the plans, you think the good guys are going to win and all the new characters are going to ride off happy into the sunset. Wow, that idea can be thrown out, it was quite a shock and I'd have liked to see a couple more adventures with some of them.

Terry Gibson's perm

Director is a local lad too, big star wars fan and fulfilled his dream.

His niece goes to school with my daughter and her mum and my wife are governors at the school.

Might try and watch it tomorrow but my wife is not keen.

Terry Gibson's perm

Been to see it tonight, far better than I thought it would be, I wasn't expecting the last person in the film and it did make me smile.

torchomatic

We went on Wednesday afternoon. Thought it was brilliant and it didn't let the franchise down at all. I even thought Peter Cushing looked alright. My lad said to me at the beginning, "why aren't any of these characters in Episode 4", I had a feeling what would happen and it wasn't a surprise, well done though. Brilliant stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread