Roland Nilsson - George Boateng - Steve Froggatt - An Evening with! (1 Viewer)

SKY BLUES LEGENDS ROLAND NILSSON,
STEVE FROGGATT & GEORGE BOATENG COME TOGETHER FOR
‘An Evening With Coventry Legends’
Rialto Plaza
Friday 11th March 2022

Sky Blues fans will have a chance to spend an evening with some of Coventry City’s former legends next year.

‘An Evening With Coventry Legends’ features Roland Nilsson, Steve Froggatt and George Boateng to the Rialto Plaza on Friday 11th March 2022 with tickets on sale from Friday 3rd December at 10am via rialtoplaza.com.

The shows are quite simply the best night out any Sky Blues fan could have outside of a match day. In an engaging roller-coaster ride of an evening, the panel will reveal personal anecdotes from their football careers, from the ultimate highs to the crucifying lows. Brimming with anecdotes, the evening will give a frank and rare insight into their times at Coventry City.

Footie fans can join Nilsson, Frogatt and Boateng as they entertain with football stories from across the years. Audience members can also ask the panel anything they like about football.

ROLAND NILSSON
A beloved and brilliant full back, Roland Nilsson played for the Sky Blues over two stints and even went on to manage the club at one stage. He is fondly remembered by fans of the club for his defensive ability in one on one situations.

He first joined in 1997 and stayed for two years, and then returned to the club in 2001 as a player-manager, but after just nine playing appearances he temporarily retired to focus on the managerial side.

Nilsson's best moment in charge of Coventry came soon after his appointment when, in seven weeks in charge, he had taken them from 19th to first in the league.

Described by the Daily Telegraph as having "messiah-like properties" he led the Sky Blues to an 11-game unbeaten run in the league.

Roland Nilsson said, “What a privilege it will be to return to Coventry especially alongside Froggy and George . My time at Highfield Road was so special. The Coventry fans are still so good to me and I can’t wait to see some of them at this event..”

STEVE FROGATT
Steve Froggatt is a Midland’s football legend. As a player, he was a fast, and direct winger who produced a buzz of excitement when he blazed a trail down the flanks. Froggatt’s career, which launched as a schoolboy in Leicester, was then based entirely in the West Midlands as coach Dave Richardson took him from the Foxes to Villa before he later moved on to Wolves and finished, sadly well before his time, at Coventry.

A promising Premier League career for Steve Froggatt was cut short in 2000 after a horrific injury whilst playing for Coventry City against Sunderland when he was just 27-years old. After trying to regain fitness over the following year he was forced to retire from playing.Days before his career-ending injury, Froggatt had been called up to the senior England national side for the first time in his career having already been capped twice at under-21 level.

Froggy said: “ "I loved my time at Coventry. The team was filled with a fantastic group of players who I will never forget. I can’t wait to meet up with Roland and George again and reminisce about some brilliant times we had."”

GEORGE BOATENG

After thriving in Holland with Feyenoord, George Boateng moved to Coventry City in 1999 where he thrived under Gordon Strachan and provided the defensive stability needed to help an offensive-minded side to thrive.Boateng was a popular figure but moved to Aston Villa the following year where he spent three years before moving on to Middlesbrough.

The midfielder undoubtedly has a soft spot for Coventry City supporters still and there’s no doubt that the impact he made during his season at the club. He is still fondly remembered by Sky Blues fans as being responsible for breaking one of Coventry's long standing hoodoo's-victory at Villa Park: Boateng scored twice in the 4–1 win over Aston Villa at Villa Park on 27 February 1999, ending Coventry's 63-year-long wait for a league win at the ground.The next season Boateng transferred to Aston Villa for £4.5 million.

George Boateng said, “ I’m really looking forward to this event - I’ve always had such a good relationship with Coventry fans. Playing for Coventry was so pivotal in my early days of my career in England and I learned so much in such a small space of time and it’ll be a pleasure to reminisce of the good times in front of the supporters.”

The Rialto is becoming renowned for its sporting events having previously hosted Coventry legends including Dion Dublin, Richard Shaw, Paul Williams, Darren Huckerby, Noel Whelan and Magnus Hedman. They've also hosted various sports stars including Tyson Fury, Paul Gascoigne, Kevin Keegan, John Barnes, Jason McAteer, Phil Thompson. Paul Ince and Roberto Duran.

James Penny, Head of Programming at the Rialto Plaza said, “This is the perfect Christmas gift for any football fan. This event will sell-out, so we are advising all Coventry City Fans to book early to avoid disappointment! “

Attachments

• Coventry-legends-2022-featured-event-banner.png
    Coventry-legends-2022-featured-event-banner.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 25

Finham

"After thriving in Holland with Feyenoord, George Boateng moved to Coventry City in 1999 where he thrived under Gordon Strachan and provided the defensive stability needed to help an offensive-minded side to thrive"

It's true, he was a real thriver was George.

ms639

Rialto Plaza
Friday 11th March 2022

Sky Blues fans will have a chance to spend an evening with some of Coventry City’s former legends next year.

‘An Evening With Coventry Legends’ features Roland Nilsson, Steve Froggatt and George Boateng to the Rialto Plaza on Friday 11th March 2022 with tickets on sale from Friday 3rd December at 10am via rialtoplaza.com.

The shows are quite simply the best night out any Sky Blues fan could have outside of a match day. In an engaging roller-coaster ride of an evening, the panel will reveal personal anecdotes from their football careers, from the ultimate highs to the crucifying lows. Brimming with anecdotes, the evening will give a frank and rare insight into their times at Coventry City.

Footie fans can join Nilsson, Frogatt and Boateng as they entertain with football stories from across the years. Audience members can also ask the panel anything they like about football.

ROLAND NILSSON
A beloved and brilliant full back, Roland Nilsson played for the Sky Blues over two stints and even went on to manage the club at one stage. He is fondly remembered by fans of the club for his defensive ability in one on one situations.

He first joined in 1997 and stayed for two years, and then returned to the club in 2001 as a player-manager, but after just nine playing appearances he temporarily retired to focus on the managerial side.

Nilsson's best moment in charge of Coventry came soon after his appointment when, in seven weeks in charge, he had taken them from 19th to first in the league.

Described by the Daily Telegraph as having "messiah-like properties" he led the Sky Blues to an 11-game unbeaten run in the league.

Roland Nilsson said, “What a privilege it will be to return to Coventry especially alongside Froggy and George . My time at Highfield Road was so special. The Coventry fans are still so good to me and I can’t wait to see some of them at this event..”

STEVE FROGATT
Steve Froggatt is a Midland’s football legend. As a player, he was a fast, and direct winger who produced a buzz of excitement when he blazed a trail down the flanks. Froggatt’s career, which launched as a schoolboy in Leicester, was then based entirely in the West Midlands as coach Dave Richardson took him from the Foxes to Villa before he later moved on to Wolves and finished, sadly well before his time, at Coventry.

A promising Premier League career for Steve Froggatt was cut short in 2000 after a horrific injury whilst playing for Coventry City against Sunderland when he was just 27-years old. After trying to regain fitness over the following year he was forced to retire from playing.Days before his career-ending injury, Froggatt had been called up to the senior England national side for the first time in his career having already been capped twice at under-21 level.

Froggy said: “ "I loved my time at Coventry. The team was filled with a fantastic group of players who I will never forget. I can’t wait to meet up with Roland and George again and reminisce about some brilliant times we had."”

GEORGE BOATENG

After thriving in Holland with Feyenoord, George Boateng moved to Coventry City in 1999 where he thrived under Gordon Strachan and provided the defensive stability needed to help an offensive-minded side to thrive.Boateng was a popular figure but moved to Aston Villa the following year where he spent three years before moving on to Middlesbrough.

The midfielder undoubtedly has a soft spot for Coventry City supporters still and there’s no doubt that the impact he made during his season at the club. He is still fondly remembered by Sky Blues fans as being responsible for breaking one of Coventry's long standing hoodoo's-victory at Villa Park: Boateng scored twice in the 4–1 win over Aston Villa at Villa Park on 27 February 1999, ending Coventry's 63-year-long wait for a league win at the ground.The next season Boateng transferred to Aston Villa for £4.5 million.

George Boateng said, “ I’m really looking forward to this event - I’ve always had such a good relationship with Coventry fans. Playing for Coventry was so pivotal in my early days of my career in England and I learned so much in such a small space of time and it’ll be a pleasure to reminisce of the good times in front of the supporters.”

The Rialto is becoming renowned for its sporting events having previously hosted Coventry legends including Dion Dublin, Richard Shaw, Paul Williams, Darren Huckerby, Noel Whelan and Magnus Hedman. They've also hosted various sports stars including Tyson Fury, Paul Gascoigne, Kevin Keegan, John Barnes, Jason McAteer, Phil Thompson. Paul Ince and Roberto Duran.

James Penny, Head of Programming at the Rialto Plaza said, “This is the perfect Christmas gift for any football fan. This event will sell-out, so we are advising all Coventry City Fans to book early to avoid disappointment! “

Looks class, will be getting tickets. Gotta sort the disabled access situation though James, it’s 2022!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks class, will be getting tickets. Gotta sort the disabled access situation though James, it’s 2022!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its actually something we're actively looking at - due to the awkward nature of the building being on the first and second floor, it's not a simple fix to add the access - we'd happy have a lift in the main lobby, but it means we lose the staircase completely - and then combat the fact that part of the building is listed so the council instantly throw up walls.

Rear access is the only option but we have to get approval from all the neighbours (As you can expect, some of them don't like living near an entertainments venue anyway, so this is another difficult point)

We're waiting on a few companies to come and survey the building and advise us of our options!

skybluepm2

Rialto Plaza
Friday 11th March 2022

ROLAND NILSSON

STEVE FROGATT

GEORGE BOATENG

Hi James, what time is it expected to start? I note it says 7 but is that the time that the ex players are likely to come on? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread