Rooney targets long Manchester United stay (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

_50117783_rooney.jpg

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has spoken of his desire to remain at the club for many years to come.

The 25-year-old looked set to leave in October after refusing contract talks, but finally signed a five-year deal.
"I've always wanted to be at this club," Rooney told MUTV. "I had my concerns and voiced my opinion but I was delighted to sign long term.
"I want to help the young players like Giggsy [Ryan Giggs], Gary Neville and Scholesy [Paul Scholes] helped me."
There was widespread speculation in the media that some United players had been angered by the protracted events surrounding Rooney's contract talks but the England international, who joined the Red Devils in August 2004, was quick to reject the claims.

"The players have been fine, there has been no problem whatsoever," he said. "Throughout the negotiating - or before and after - there's been no problems so the press have made a big issue out of nothing."
Rooney was unable to play through the negotiations because of ankle trouble but after recuperating in the United States, he returned to action following a month on the sidelines as a substitute in last week's home win against Wigan
"I'd be lying if I say I wasn't worried about the fans' reception but it was brilliant," he said.
"I can understand the fans' frustration with the negotiations and it happened in the public eye which made it a little bit more difficult but I think the main thing for myself and the club is that we managed to agree that deal.
"I've heard from different press people about how I've agreed a new deal so the club can agree a higher price with a different team which is a load of rubbish. I've signed a deal to stay and my long-term future is at Manchester United."

Users who are viewing this thread