Rowan Fitzgerald was returningfrom the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

Not sure if this has been widely broadcast but the young lad killed on the bus had just been to the Ricoh with his grandparents. so sad, he was also a player with Leamington hibs.

RIP

covcity4life

i thought this might be someone who was at ricoh just hours earlier when the news broke.

such a shame.

RIP little lad

Terry Gibson's perm

Really sad news, I hope the club will doing a minutes silence at the next home game.

You should never have to bury your children it is the hardest thing in the world and I speak from personal experience on this, the pain will never go away.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Really sad news, I hope the club will doing a minutes silence at the next home game.

You should never have to bury your children it is the hardest thing in the world and I speak from personal experience on this, the pain will never go away.

Sorry to hear that TGP.

That really is something that should never happen!

shy_tall_knight

Hi, you obviously all saw the very sad events at the weekend where 2 lives were sadly lost in the city centre bus crash.

1 of the fatalities as we know was tragically a young child. Rowan Fitzgerald had played for Leamington Hibs U8's over the summer and his family have strong links to the club with older siblings also playing for them.

What brings it home to ourselves all the more was that Rowan was returning from the Ricoh Arena where he had just enjoyed seeing Coventry City win.

Both the John Bryan League and CCFC will be liaising with the family when the time is appropriate to offer our condolences and see if we can support in any way.

This weekend, at the clubs request, we would like all games to observe a minutes silence with extra respect and care paid by those teams visiting Leamington Hibs. There will also be a period of reflection before the start of Tuesdays league meeting.

In addition, I'm sure Joy Barry and Howard Mourinho at Leamington Hibs would not mind receiving any messages of support that any of you may have to offer as I know they are in regular contact with the family.

Heartbreaking chain of events and some of this weekends games will no doubt be played in very sombre moods with friends and former team mates of his having to move on as best they can. Let's take this opportunity to ensure that football is played and observed in the right spirits and that we can all come together to remember that as a junior league everything we do is for the benefit of the children.

Regards

Lee Connor & John Bryan League Committee

Mobile - 07975589235

bringbackrattles

Like you I too lost a child my baby son 29 years ago and I often think what he would have been like etc ?

lifeskyblue

Really sad re Rowan...I'm glad his club and the junior league are doing something. Also hope ccfc do something at the next game and invite his team up to the Ricoh.
As for our posters on here who have also lost children I'm sure all our hearts and thoughts are with you. Having kids I just cannot imagine life without any of them. I'm not sure how I could cope with that loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Innocent day out like that to watch a game of football with your grandparents, can you imagine the excitement in the little fella after the game, went through that whole experience with my kids.
Just reading about it has really upset me, my heart goes out to the family.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Such sad news & echo others sentiments......RIP little fella.

...My baby daughter died in my arms in hospital......she would've been nearly 7 now......

.....as other have said....you never really get over it.....for example, just typing the line above has made me cry.

skybluesam66

god bless you all - im not religious at all - but just reading some of this has brought tears to my eyes. And as for poor Rowan and his cousin who was also injured and their families - very very sad

all part of one big football family, and that is what a football club is really about - family, generations, community - and it is times like this we all come together

we all want to win 5-0 on a saturday, but it is not that that is really important. It is the only real quality time i get with my lad now - I used to be the same with my dad and grandad

God bless those no longer here

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Like you I too lost a child my baby son 29 years ago and I often think what he would have been like etc ?

Same here BBR. I lost my son when he was a week old in 1977. I know we only had him a week but we were heart-broken. My thoughts are with this little mite's family :(

bringbackrattles

Same here BBR. I lost my son when he was a week old in 1977. I know we only had him a week but we were heart-broken. My thoughts are with this little mite's family :(

I was thinking of you Houch after I wrote it as I know you also lost a child. You plod on don't you but I guess like me you have bad days and think what if ? But when someone loses a kid you know what their going through.

brez

We lost a friend aged 52 which I posted on off topic, this was very sad but People should never have to lose children, my thoughts go out to the little lads family and everyone else who has been through similar.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Very sad news :( I think the club will do something for the next game; even without knowing it was a fellow City fan who lost their life, even at such a young age he was one of our future supporters it seems, and with it being such a tragic accident within the city, with local people losing their lives, I imagine they would have already been planning a moment of remembrance before this announcement.

RIP

Sky Blue Pete

I do have a Christian Faith and understand death is part of life but it's not right to have to say goodbye to your own children. Heart goes out to all of you who live with the memory of your treasured children

Gods peace on your hearts

Rip little man

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Would be nice if we could do a round of applause or something that his family thought appropriate to show our respect at the Blackpool game.

Ranjit Bhurpa

A very sad thread to share and heartbreaking events for all concerned.

RIP

PVA

Rest in Peace Rowan.

I always get a lump in my throat during a minutes silence/applause in memory of a Coventry fan, always hits me hard even though I don't know them.

Thoughts with his family.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Bus driver has been charged, death by dangerous driving and causing injury.

Bus company has been charged with two offences under the Health and Safety at Work Act.

BBC Local Live: Coventry and Warwickshire on Monday 24 July - BBC News

Shit, must have been enough there for them to completely blame the driver.

Still no detail on what happened though... Would be really interested to know.

Rest in peace to the victims, no one should not make it home from the football.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I can't believe the bus company allowed this man to drive a double-deck bus when he was aged 79! Jeez! When I was a bus driver back in the 80's, they had to retire by 65! And for years before that, (at least since they were 50), they were re-assessed every year! From the age of 55, we were always given what they called "the old man's routes", which were easy timed shifts, and soft journeys, i.e. no Wood Ends and Willenhalls etc! Midland Red should be investigated as to why this man was still driving way past the "safe" age limit!

Super_Johnny_Gayle

My old school lollipop lady was killed in this accident too. RIP

Captain Dart

I can't believe the bus company allowed this man to drive a double-deck bus when he was aged 79! Jeez! When I was a bus driver back in the 80's, they had to retire by 65! And for years before that, (at least since they were 50), they were re-assessed every year! From the age of 55, we were always given what they called "the old man's routes", which were easy timed shifts, and soft journeys, i.e. no Wood Ends and Willenhalls etc! Midland Red should be investigated as to why this man was still driving way past the "safe" age limit!

Then there was this bin lorry driver in Glasgow that killed a load of people who had an undisclosed history of blackouts!

Users who are viewing this thread