Rubbish Coventry City managers..... (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

Didn't Terry Butcher bleed us dry? Took 2 full wages to be player manager and didn't deserve a fraction of them.

Grendel

Anyone who suggests Gordon Strachan was a worse manager than Andy Thorn clearly is another example of the terrible impact drugs can have on the mind.

Adge

I don't think there's anyway you can put Adams in the same category of wankers like Slade, Reid and Dowie.

Adams came in and kept us up after Reid had left us in the Championship relegation zone. Next season he took us to an 8th placed finish in the Championship. Following season he left after an average start and the sale of McSheffrey.

Slade, Reid and Dowie did their best to relelgate us, with Slade achieving this in a matter of weeks!
No what I meant was all were successful as managers and had success before arriving here-hence the pattern.:emoji_thumbsup:

lifeskyblue

Slade: lack of ideas
Thorn: wasn't a manager (and knew it)
Dowie: talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk
Boothroyd: I never want to watch football like that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

st john

Butcher definitely was the worst IMO.
We paid £400000 for him as a player manager, he played 6 times for us then retired as a player. When we sacked him he re-registered as a player and played for Sunderland.
Not our best move

Moff

We paid £400000 for him as a player manager, he played 6 times for us then retired as a player. When we sacked him he re-registered as a player and played for Sunderland.
Not our best move

Totally agree, he was appalling.

I went to Glasgow not long after and was speaking to a few Rangers fans, who pissed themselves that we paid so much for him when they were willing to let him go. They had serious doubts he would make it as a manager....just a shame John Poynton the then Chairman didn't feel the same, and hadn't undertaken the scandalous sacking of Sillett.

CJ_covblaze

Slade: lack of ideas
Thorn: wasn't a manager (and knew it)
Dowie: talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk
Boothroyd: I never want to watch football like that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we were 0-1 down and they almost made it 0-2 the other night my mate & I looked at each other and said that Southgate would be gone in the morning if it stays like this. We both then shuddered when it occurred to us who is the most likely candidate to replace him!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Not our best move

didn't Butcher sue the club for wrongful dismissal or similar?

Or was it someone else.....phil neal perhaps?

or did I just dream it all.....

Users who are viewing this thread