Rugby World Cup (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

England kick off the Rugby World Cup on Friday when they play Fiji.As a rugby fan I'm looking forward to watching as many games as I can.
The pressure may be on England though being the hosts,but then again they could do what the football team did in 66 and go on and win it ? I expect us to reach at least the semis but New Zealand and South Africa look strong. Any predictions ?

Fiji are more focused on Rugby sevens. Although this will not be an easy match, we are the favourites and rightly so. As far as the tournemant goes, we already beat Ireland, so we've shown we can beat the big boys, and i fully expect us to beat Wales and Australia too. Will we win it again? Hard to say. We're the only northern hemisphere team to win the webb ellis cup and we could become the 4th to win it twice. We have to be going for the Final at least

Otis

Always hard to see past New Zealand.

Could be something to do with them all being great big fat fookers. ;)

Nick

Administrator
Is this when people become sudden Rugby experts like they did about Womens football when they have no idea :(

Moff

At the moment I can see New Zealand being the favourites, but South Africa will be tough to beat as well.

I think Englands group is tough, who qulaifys will depend on the England Wales result.

Wales will be underdogs especially after losing Webb and Halfpenny, their two form players, and having their other form player Liam Williams just returning from Injury. England wil be favourites but then you just need a couple of sin binnings from someone like Burgess (how the hell isnt Burrell there instead of him) and England could slip up.

If England qualify from the group we could do well.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I think NZ v Aus final NZ to win but & it's a very big but NZ play their toughest game v Arg first (Scotland will be a walk in the park for them) & look highly likely to play France in quarters possibly undercooked & France on their day like 8 years ago and almost like the last final might cause an upset.

From a personal note my 2 sides England & Ireland I think England out in the semis & Ireland out in the quarters. Hope to be wrong on both.
Southern Hemisphere just too strong as usual.

smileycov

Facebook User
I think we can win our group, Wales struggling with Injuries, australia not as strong as they have been. We have home advantage so very hopeful. Winning the group means we avoid SA in 1/4's. I think Semi's or final is massively achievable. Winning? Head over heart I am afraid!

bringbackrattles

Is this when people become sudden Rugby experts like they did about Womens football when they have no idea :(
I've played Union Nick for three seasons for Pinley and the Standard.More of a player than a watcher but still love the game.I'm no expert but have played the game !

Juggernaut

New Zealened or England to win it. We're a bit young and still in transition but with it being at home we have a real chance. 4 years time we will be in incredibly good shape to win it. Tough group but we should beat Wales and the Aussies at home.

bringbackrattles

New Zealened or England to win it. We're a bit young and still in transition but with it being at home we have a real chance. 4 years time we will be in incredibly good shape to win it. Tough group but we should beat Wales and the Aussies at home.
Being at home will either be to our advantage or the pressure could get to them ? I still fancy us to do well though but I think the All Blacks will beat us or South Africa in the final. Come on England !

Grendel

To me it's about as interesting as hockey - just can't get on with it.

armybike

Delightful play! #SwingLow

bringbackrattles

Good game and Fiji deserved their try.England are settling down well and should get stronger as the game progresses. Only complaint is technology is slowing things down,too fussy at times.
You do need it but not as much as these days !

lifeskyblue

Good game and Fiji deserved their try.England are settling down well and should get stronger as the game progresses. Only complaint is technology is slowing things down,too fussy at times.
You do need it but not as much as these days !

Agree. The use of technology is out of control. If the scoreboard hadn't replayed the non try it would have been given. Only cos red looking up just before the kick. Then when a good try scored he called for a replay. Thank goodness football isn't so picky. England looking ok. Fiji's big winger will be a problem if he gets ball in open play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Agree. The use of technology is out of control. If the scoreboard hadn't replayed the non try it would have been given. Only cos red looking up just before the kick. Then when a good try scored he called for a replay. Thank goodness football isn't so picky. England looking ok. Fiji's big winger will be a problem if he gets ball in open play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This shows that football has to be careful if they bring in more technology,it can be good but can slow the game down and make it a farce. Rugby is a tough contact sport but like everything else it is going a bit soft and fussy !

W

westcountry_skyblue

Just can't get my head around rugby union it's to slow and cumbersome doubt i will watch any games.
Football or nothing for me.

armybike

I think the video ref can have advantages, but don't agree that once a decision has been made you should be able to go back.

Johnnythespider

I think Fiji are making us look decidedly average, Youngs at fly half is much too slow moving the ball for me, glad he was changed

wingy

Support at the breakdown to slow and turnover In the ruck too easy for them , although the ref seems to oblivious to them coming In from the side or behind for that matter.

armybike

Get in there! 5 points in the bag

armybike

Bit wobbly at times but first games in big tournaments are always like that in any sport.Fiji stifled us but lets hope we get stronger and I think we will !

Yep, got a bit squeaky bum a couple of times but they drilled out the win. Onwards and upwards!

Users who are viewing this thread