Rugby World Cup (2 Viewers)

covmark

Yup, not often I get to say that!

Typical Wales of last five years against Southern hemisphere really, a heroic failure!
Not really that heroic. They were playing against 13 at one point. Although it was unbelievable defence from Australia, Wales only have themselves to blame.

Otis

I'm quite happy Wales lost.

Now just a token England effort to go for the day and it'll be job done.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Works for New Zealand.

Its absurd, New Zealand are far better than us and Rugby Union is the national sport over there.

Couldn't really care anyway, world cup interest is over. Funny how all the purist rugby fans though get on there high horse when other take an interest in the world cup though.

Heard the other day, someone defending the policy using the argument of why ruin the long term future of club rugby in England for the sake of winning a world cup, apparently we just don't understand the longer term picture.

ccfc92

Its absurd, New Zealand are far better than us and Rugby Union is the national sport over there.

Couldn't really care anyway, world cup interest is over. Funny how all the purist rugby fans though get on there high horse when other take an interest in the world cup though.

Heard the other day, someone defending the policy using the argument of why ruin the long term future of club rugby in England for the sake of winning a world cup, apparently we just don't understand the longer term picture.

I'll be honest, I'm not a rugby fan.

I played it at school. I love watching England play in six nations and world cup, but don't like the sport if that makes sense?

I just wish the country got behind the football team as much as the Rugby team, even the non football fans. The amount of English people wishing for an early exit, is ridiculous. They discard the extra revenue of beer, food, pubs etc when England are still in the world cup/Euro's...

bringbackrattles

I love the fighting spirit of the Irish in sporting contests and the rugby team typified that against France this afternoon.I can see them beating Argentina next week too.

ccfc92

The football team get a lot more support than the rugby team overall.

But the percentage of those who get behind the football team, compared to those who don't, is much lower, I find.

I've even spoken to football fans who don't care about the England team :(

Otis

But the percentage of those who get behind the football team, compared to those who don't, is much lower, I find.

There's a fair few on here.

Terry Gibson's perm

There's a fair few on here.

I like to see England win in the football but don't have the same passion that I do for the Sky Blues, I would take City winning something over England every time.

Gazolba

There is something wrong with a game where three players are so badly injured they will miss the next game and possibly the rest of the tournament.

skybluelee

I'm one. Really have no passion about England whatsoever. If somebody asked me whether I wanted City to get promoted this season or England to win the next Euros and World Cup, it's an absolute no brainer.

Otis

I'm one. Really have no passion about England whatsoever. If somebody asked me whether I wanted City to get promoted this season or England to win the next Euros and World Cup, it's an absolute no brainer.
Yes, exactly. City can always have another go again at getting promoted the following season. The World Cup only comes round once every 4 years.

Well said that man. Has to be England every time doesn't it.

Steve.B50

I am another one, no real interest in the England Football team, in fact I don't really care about any other team or league except Coventry City. They are playing right now and if I did not have Twitter I would have no idea what the score was.

bringbackrattles

Wow the Puma's.
What a game.
Have to admit wingy I'd forgotten all about Argentina but even though the Irish had top players out,the Puma's looked strong and will take some beating.Up next are the Aussies v Scotland which should see a comfortable win for Australia.

Otis

I thought the commentary team were very disengenous towards Argentina. It was nearly all about tired Ireland and mistake ridden Ireland and missing players Ireland.

Argentina were magnificent. Think playing like that they would in all likelihood beaten any of the home nations.

Terry Gibson's perm

How long is this bloody thing on for?

I thought it had finished already, if I am honest if it wasn't for this page and that a car park park I usually use in Rugby has a tent in it I wouldn't even know there was anything happening.

bringbackrattles

My comfortable win for Australia nearly left me red faced as the Scotland team played great and lost out to a dodgy refereeing decision.If the Aussies don't up their game next week against the Argies they will not make the final.I'm going for a New Zealand v Argentina final.

Otis

My comfortable win for Australia nearly left me red faced as the Scotland team played great and lost out to a dodgy refereeing decision.If the Aussies don't up their game next week against the Argies they will not make the final.I'm going for a New Zealand v Argentina final.

Not having a go at the Scots for a second, but they were gifted 2 tries.

They played out of their skins though.

It will be an Australia v New Zealand final I'm sure.

bringbackrattles

Fair comment Otis but the Scottish players were there to pick up on the Aussie errors. You say the final will be between New Zealand and Australia but I disagree as I can see Argentina beating the Wallabies.But the favourites to lift the trophy and I can't see anybody beating them will be the All Blacks.

stupot07

Not one northern hemisphere team in the semi's for the first time ever in a World Cup, which just happens to be hosted in the northern hemisphere. That's pretty embarrassing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

lifeskyblue

Just shows the difference in stamina, skill, preparation, tactics and passion. Southern Hemisphere teams have them in abundance. All Southern Hemisphere teams have been so ruthless at the the breakdown...slowing opposition ball and speedily releasing their own. Scotland come out with a lot of credit with playing above themselves and receiving a couple of questionable decisions. Wales did OK. But Ireland and England were found wanting when it ultimately mattered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

The gloating here would've been insufferable had they won. Got to still have a bit of sour grapes at not being granted a free ride to the quarter finals like the Scots and Irish though.

Gazolba

I like the way Argentina took their football outfits and just turned the stripes into hoops. Aren't Australia and New Zealand so good because their domestic leagues are so much stronger?

Captain Dart

I like the way Argentina took their football outfits and just turned the stripes into hoops. Aren't Australia and New Zealand so good because their domestic leagues are so much stronger?

Shirts are actually more like their national flag.
argentina_flag_printables_av2.jpg

Covstu

I thought the commentary team were very disengenous towards Argentina. It was nearly all about tired Ireland and mistake ridden Ireland and missing players Ireland.

Argentina were magnificent. Think playing like that they would in all likelihood beaten any of the home nations.

agree, better team by far.

Scotland played superbly and a really harsh way to get knocked out of the world cup

NorthernWisdom

agree, better team by far.

Scotland played superbly and a really harsh way to get knocked out of the world cup

Harsh but... ultimately their own fault.

They bottled the line-out, although it was funny to hear commentators say it was always stupid to throw to the back, when England had been given stick for throwing to the front!

Users who are viewing this thread