Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
To the world at the bottom of the stairs ?

No, school run, training and the gym.

Still, if you post enough nonsense you can hide all of the quotes I found showing you actually jumping on people for saying things about SISU ;) I can't actually remember anybody (other than RFC, but does he count?) being as bad as that.

italiahorse

No, school run, training and the gym.

Still, if you post enough nonsense you can hide all of the quotes I found showing you actually jumping on people for saying things about SISU ;) I can't actually remember anybody (other than RFC, but does he count?) being as bad as that.
But not in 2007 eh ?

italiahorse

Ha, because the datestamp makes a difference? It's all about the content.

So, why would people listen to you rather than the people you were disagreeing with and shouting down in those quotes?
... because it's an opinion and opinions change depending on the actions of others.
Sisu used our club for their own personal gain and my opinion changed.
They are still holding the club as a hostage as they pursue a fruitless legal battle to gain what?
No I'm close to joining the fans that refuse to throw money at them solely for the love of their club.

Nick

Administrator
... because it's an opinion and opinions change depending on the actions of others.
Sisu used our club for their own personal gain and my opinion changed.
They are still holding the club as a hostage as they pursue a fruitless legal battle to gain what?
No I'm close to joining the fans that refuse to throw money at them solely for the love of their club.

I agree it is an opinion, it is also judgement.

Some of the people who are now being labelled as wanting SISU in, defending SISU etc were the same ones you were arguing with back then and telling them to support.

Surely when it comes to things like that, you tend to keep an eye out for people like that's opinion rather than people who just keep making u turns at every stage?

italiahorse

I agree it is an opinion, it is also judgement.

Some of the people who are now being labelled as wanting SISU in, defending SISU etc were the same ones you were arguing with back then and telling them to support.

Surely when it comes to things like that, you tend to keep an eye out for people like that's opinion rather than people who just keep making u turns at every stage?
You have no way of correlating that statement.
It's another generalisation.

Nick

Administrator
You have no way of correlating that statement.
It's another generalisation.

I do, I have just posted quotes from you telling people to get behind SISU (not ccfc). I can also see people like NW, Lord Summerisle, Fernando etc who have been labelled SISU lovers and all of that crap because they aren't shouting SISU SISU SISU but have been very cynical from the start.

Your posts are up there with being the most defensive of SISU (aside from RFC) on this site, to the extend of telling people to get behind them as they are the only show in town etc. Regardless of your opinion changing, it just shows that we need to be cynical now from the start. Otherwise you may just end up doing another massive u turn and calling people Gary Hoffman lovers in a couple of years.

eggwold

wished they would hurry up and pissoff
c092cfc54e326975b54b67c99846ba86.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

italiahorse

I do, I have just posted quotes from you telling people to get behind SISU (not ccfc). I can also see people like NW, Lord Summerisle, Fernando etc who have been labelled SISU lovers and all of that crap because they aren't shouting SISU SISU SISU but have been very cynical from the start.

Your posts are up there with being the most defensive of SISU (aside from RFC) on this site, to the extend of telling people to get behind them as they are the only show in town etc. Regardless of your opinion changing, it just shows that we need to be cynical now from the start. Otherwise you may just end up doing another massive u turn and calling people Gary Hoffman lovers in a couple of years.
I support people with a plan I understand.
If they change that plan to the detriment of the club I'll stop my support.
Can't just follow to oblivion for the apparent sake of the club.

Nick

Administrator
I support people with a plan I understand.

Which is exactly why people are asking for information about the bids and things from Hoffman..

I still think you are completely missing the point. People who you and others are saying will be "sticking with SISU" etc etc are often the same ones warning against them while you were telling them to back SISU.

People want to be re-assured so they can back it, people want to know what the plan is, people want to be able to judge if they think it will go through or not.

Of course Hoffman isn't going to come on here and tell every fan what they want to hear, and of course fans won't have a say in what makes them sell up. Some just won't jump up and down with excitement or tell others to back it (remember that, blindly backing things?) without more information.

olderskyblue

If it exists, yes. If you're just throwing out a line, consider yourself slapped arund the face with a wet haddock.

Some good threads on here especially from chip fat and singers pore. I have noticed the absence of a number of the usual Fisher apologists ? Grendel, Torchy, Northern Wisdom, Nick, RCC, Andreas. ! Come on lads your leader needs you.

Twas on the tim fisher thread, posted by Rupert... No haddock for me thanks.. :emoji_smiley:
grendel led the way, but did try to dodge that responsibility earlier, as did torchy i think.... ;)

letsallsingtogether

Which is exactly why people are asking for information about the bids and things from Hoffman..

I still think you are completely missing the point. People who you and others are saying will be "sticking with SISU" etc etc are often the same ones warning against them while you were telling them to back SISU.

People want to be re-assured so they can back it, people want to know what the plan is, people want to be able to judge if they think it will go through or not.

Of course Hoffman isn't going to come on here and tell every fan what they want to hear, and of course fans won't have a say in what makes them sell up. Some just won't jump up and down with excitement or tell others to back it (remember that, blindly backing things?) without more information.
But you only go to support the team!

Sky Blue Kid

I've been out all evening until that post, it took me a couple of minutes to do a search for Italia's posts in date order from when he first signed up. It wasn't hard to find them.

Anything not to be proven wrong... Then you still were hahaha.

Nick

Administrator
Anything not to be proven wrong... Then you still were hahaha.
So I didn't find posts with italia shouting people down for not supporting sisu like I said? Ok then.

You know when you pipe up whoever you are trying to back up Is wrong.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

So I didn't find posts with italia shouting people down for not supporting sisu like I said? Ok then.

You know when you pipe up whoever you are trying to back up Is wrong.

In your opinion, and your opinion is the only one that counts.

Last edited:

hill83

I backed Sisu from the beginning and for much longer than I should have and then changed my mind. I was called a Sisu apologist for quite a while on here. Things change. Opinions change. I've changed. We can all change.

Change.
Spare change.
Change your pants.

Nick

Administrator
I backed Sisu from the beginning and for much longer than I should have and then changed my mind. I was called a Sisu apologist for quite a while on here. Things change. Opinions change. I've changed. We can all change.

Change.
Spare change.
Change your pants.

Yes, but you aren't just resorting to the old SISU defender line when people disagree with you (when they clearly aren't defending anybody) while you have previously actually defended them more than 99% of others and told others to back them.

That's my only point, not that opinions change.

covcity4life

Change.
Spare change.
Change your pants.

same here. and whilst i still believe council are complicit in our decline i defintley want sisu out more than ever.

Generally Midfield

I can only think that they see Sisu as keeping the club ticking over is better than risking a change that might make matters worse. Unfortunately at any level, any location and any capacity.
Better the devil you know ?
Others like me think the risk is worth it to get back to where we belong.
All or nothing ?

I totally disagree with Italiahorses views on wasps - and wtf is the stuff about Nick going out last night?? - but with no one having a good word to say about sisu maybe the ticking over/better the devil you know point might make some sense?

skybluedan

Change.
Spare change.

Change your pants.

mate don't why but the first paragraph reminded me of rocky at the end of rocky 4

torchomatic

An intelligent mind should be open to change. For instance I used to love Limp Bizkit back in the day, which I realise doesn't help illustrate any point I'm making about intelligence.

Back in the early 80s I used to love a band called Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft with my favourite track being "Der Mussolini".

Lyrics include, "dance the Mussolini, dance the Jesus Christ, dance the Adolf Hitler."

We all go through funny phases. Ah, to be Young again.

Users who are viewing this thread