Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Can't believe they're all still going. Sum 41 touring a recent album, Papa Roach have one out next month, and now I'm scared to check Nickelback's wiki page

tbf to LP they have changed alot over last 17 years

went from nu metal->electro rock>traditional rock->heavy rock->to now what appears is going to be a very poppy album

ajsccfc

I thought they'd stopped altogether because the lead singer was with Stone Temple Pilots, but it was just one of those sideline things that pretty much everyone seems to do now.

RIP Scott Weiland x

olderskyblue

So how many different subjects has this thread covered now? ;)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Which is exactly why people are asking for information about the bids and things from Hoffman..

I still think you are completely missing the point. People who you and others are saying will be "sticking with SISU" etc etc are often the same ones warning against them while you were telling them to back SISU.

People want to be re-assured so they can back it, people want to know what the plan is, people want to be able to judge if they think it will go through or not.

Of course Hoffman isn't going to come on here and tell every fan what they want to hear, and of course fans won't have a say in what makes them sell up. Some just won't jump up and down with excitement or tell others to back it (remember that, blindly backing things?) without more information.

The problem is, Hoffman could prove to us that he had put a deposit down on a new stadium, show us his consortium openly, and their plans for the future. Show everyone that they were doing the right things, but you'd still find a way to kick it into the carpet at every opportunity.

Whilst most people are desperate to get SISU out, there are not many who do draw large issues on questioning against the validity of this bid from Hoffman. The issue is that for over 100 pages you have been arguing against it black and blue relentlessly.

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm not surprised others can't. You'd get a much better reception, and people might listen to you more if you just took into account that it comes across as very much over negative and without any kind of moderation. I know you're not a SISU apologist, but you are doing a good job of trying to prove otherwise! Maybe you just like the pantomime villain role ;).

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

i thought that. but after a few relistens i quite dig them. will be interesting to see how album pans out . they will lose alot of fans thats for sure with depature from rock

Agreed.

Their old stuff was so good though man, Reanimation, Hybrid Theory etc.

Would have paid a fortune to go and see them 5 years ago, not so sure about now though.

Nick

Administrator
The problem is, Hoffman could prove to us that he had put a deposit down on a new stadium, show us his consortium openly, and their plans for the future. Show everyone that they were doing the right things, but you'd still find a way to kick it into the carpet at every opportunity.

He may well have all of that in place and it would be positive. However if he is still making offers to get the actual club that are no way ever going to be accepted then I will say that his plans are fantastic but the offer isn't going to be accepted. If he made an amazing offer I'd say that also, but I said at the start he would need to address the debt in one way or another as they aren't just going to forget about it and hand over everything that's worth something and keep everything that's minus.

I haven't argued about Hoffman taking over, I have pointed out while everybody else is getting excited why the bids so far will never be accepted as have multiple others.

That isn't saying I don't want it to happen, I look into it more because I do want it to happen but will look past the PR games.

sky blue john

If/when a bid is accepted by Joy I hardly think the full details will be disclosed especially to the likes of us. Can anyone really see Joy wanting to tell the world how much money she has lost?
So anyone getting their knickers in a twist, bitching about what the deal is so they can get behind it needs to get a life!

Monners

Used to realy lke my heavy metal stuff - Y & T, Motley Crue, Dio etc.. fond memories of the gigs, but wouldn't bother listening to it anymore

covcity4life

ah the early 00's days where i could watch music channels for longer than 3 minutes without thinking i am wasting the day away

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Back in the early 80s I used to love a band called Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft with my favourite track being "Der Mussolini".

Lyrics include, "dance the Mussolini, dance the Jesus Christ, dance the Adolf Hitler."

We all go through funny phases. Ah, to be Young again.

Yes Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft were indeed a fine band. A colleague of mine when I worked in Germany was quite impressed that I knew them.

I agree would be great to be young again. I am very conscious I knew what was going on then on all sorts of levels but now I'm a cultural vacuum . Its quite embarrassing at times at my lack of knowledge of the 'in' things.

I do know a good 'out' thing though , SISU OUT!

Paxman II

Anyone but SISU right? Please yes. But caution in the spin zone. Hoffman and his gang have made tentative offers that are based on future earnings if you will from the very same football club that are teetering on the edge and had successive relegation's. One of the 'values' of CCFC that no one is addressing has to be the 'goodwill' side of it. You pay for goodwill as it is the potential and the reason you know it will work as a business because the proof is there no matter how badly the business has been managed by the present incumbents. With 43k turning up at Wembley and still 8k or so at the Ricoh after a relegation season I'd say the goodwill for something you can manage better is worth something.
The golden share and the fan base are everything even though neither are saleable in a tactile sense but they are worth putting money against. Debt will have to be sorted out to SISU's liking and the few assets they have paid for. Some debt may have to be taken on by Hoffman as I can't see how else it could come to fruition.
The big stumbling block for me is offering enough up front to secure what he wants from SISU and iron out the kinks where the debt is concerned in certain areas that can't simply be left with SISU entirely.

torchomatic

torchomatic

Yes, Nickelback are buying us.

Years ago on one of my Scottish football trips we went to see Clydebank and I bought a lovely purple top with the Wet Wet Wet sponsorship on. Worth quite a bit now apparently. Obviously, I no longer have it, all gone along with the classic Morton tartan number (wore it to HR once and got much attention from the boys in the WE!), a nice bright yellow Livingston shirt and some classy Raith home shirts, plus a few more from my trips North of the Border. I blame my Mom and told her so on her death bed. Why chuck them away or use them as dusters?!

torchomatic

off topic but everything these days is on this thread

john terry mom video is online

oh my

Dread to think what this is but presumably she's as scummy as her son?

Users who are viewing this thread