Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (5 Viewers)

singers_pore

Nuneaton's ground only holds 3,800. And like you say, SISU would have to somehow persuade Nuneaton to do a ground share when their pitch is already being used for both football and rugby.

dongonzalos

I'm not worried about the FL. They can't force wasps to let us stay, so will use their discretion and allow us to groundshare again temporarily. It won't come to that, as I'm sure when it comes to it, Wasps will agree another short term agreement for us to stay.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If it doesn't benefit Wasps significantly why would they?
If we continue to drag them into a legal dispute. I don't think they will allow us to stay.
Unfortunately I have a feeling they will say 'oh contraire' and decide to focus SISU's mind.
Then as usual us fans will get shafted.

Nick

Administrator
If it doesn't benefit Wasps significantly why would they?
If we continue to drag them into a legal dispute. I don't think they will allow us to stay.
Unfortunately I have a feeling they will say 'oh contraire' and decide to focus SISU's mind.
Then as usual us fans will get shafted.
I think people will just keep believing the legal action line.

stupot07

Exactly. What if Wasps maybe 'encouraged' by CCC don't agree a new deal,where will we play? Can't see Birmingham,Walsall or even Northampton agreeing to a ground share,when they will surely realise the open fan hostility to such a move. The Butts is surely a non starter, is a Nuneaton ground share likely,maybe, but I wouldn't bank on it. The salient point is that SISU don't control that decision, they are reliant on the goodwill/cooperation of another football club.
Another club will agree to a groundshare if the worst was to happen, its a completely different scenario to last time. I'm confused to why if wasps refuse to give us a new deal and kick us out, that us fans would be hostile to another club if they were helping us - it woudo be groundshare or expulsion from the football league. It won't need to happen as wasps will concede and agree another short term deal.

Exactly, and it gives wasps a free pass. They are merely an interested party, it will have very little affect on them, thr legal noise line is bollocks IMO. But sisu are wankers so it must be true.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm not worried about the FL. They can't force wasps to let us stay, so will use their discretion and allow us to groundshare again temporarily. It won't come to that, as I'm sure when it comes to it, Wasps will agree another short term agreement for us to stay.

I'm not sure about, wasps are obviously working with the council to put the squeeze on. If the ongoing legal battles aren't dropped I don't think they will talk.

dongonzalos

Another club will agree to a groundshare if the worst was to happen, its a completely different scenario to last time. I'm confused to why if wasps refuse to give us a new deal and kick us out, that us fans would be hostile to another club if they were helping us - it woudo be groundshare or expulsion from the football league. It won't need to happen as wasps will concede and agree another short term deal.

Exactly, and it gives wasps a free pass. They are merely an interested party, it will have very little affect on them, thr legal noise line is bollocks IMO. But sisu are wankers so it must be true.

So I assume you do not think Wasps are spending money and time getting legal advice about the situation.
I also assume you do not believe their is any potential legal ramifications at the end of this that could affect Wasps in a negative way?

Same question to you as put to Nick. If it is not true that Wasps will not talk whilst they are dragged into a legal dispute. Why won't they talk?

Last edited:

dongonzalos

If wasps said 2 million a yearfor 10 years or go away, who's fault would it be?

SISU's ultimately that Wasps are there in the position to be able to do it in the first place (50%)
Wasps for doing it in the first place. Offering something ridiculous that can never be agreed. (40%)
Then CCC for not putting pressure on Wasps to offer the same deal that Gary Hoffman signed which must be an acceptable deal (10%)

Nick

Administrator
SISU's ultimately that Wasps are there in the position to be able to do it in the first place (50%)
Wasps for doing it in the first place. Offering something ridiculous that can never be agreed. (40%)
Then CCC for not putting pressure on Wasps to offer the same deal that Gary Hoffman signed which must be an acceptable deal (10%)
Exactly, wasps can do what they want and just say sisu and it all goes away.

dongonzalos

To get a better deal, hence they started talks while they knew full well about the legal action.

Why did they sign one, no problem with Gary Hoffman?
Is that the better deal SISU won't sign?
If so why is it ok for him but not SISU?
Why don't they just say to SISU here is the deal sign it or leave next summer. Why do they need to talk about legal action in order to get a better deal.
Think about it. What you are saying does not actually make sense.

dongonzalos

Exactly, wasps can do what they want and just say sisu and it all goes away.

Can they? I take it you did not read my reply then.

If they offer only a 2 million pound rent, then they are arseholes as that can't be signed. Just because SISU are bigger arseholes because they created the situation where they have to ask Wasps, doesn't mean Wasps get off Scott free, they would still be arseholes.

Nick

Administrator
Why did they sign one, no problem with Gary Hoffman?
Is that the better deal SISU won't sign?
Why don't they just say to SISU here is the deal sign it or leave next summer. Why do they need to talk about legal action in order to get a better deal.
Think about it. What you are saying does not actually make sense.

What have they signed with Hoffman?

What doesn't make sense, the closer it gets to the end of the term the more desperate it will be so the more they can try and charge. They can effectively demand a blank cheque and there will be no negative views towards them as it's sisus fault. Not so much the value, but terms and conditions too.

They talk about legal action because it is a front so they get no blame at all.

dongonzalos

What have they signed with Hoffman?

What doesn't make sense, the closer it gets to the end of the term the more desperate it will be so the more they can try and charge. They can effectively demand a blank cheque and there will be no negative views towards them as it's sisus fault. Not so much the value, but terms and conditions too.

They talk about legal action because it is a front so they get no blame at all.

They agreed a deal with Gary Hoffman that CCFC can continue playing at the Ricoh.
Why can't the same deal be signed with SISU?

Lord_Nampil

Here's a question, it may have been mentioned in the thread but I haven't seen it..... What would happens if the Bond holders of the stadium are also part of the consortium? What would that mean? As I said it might have been covered before .....

martcov

And if people don't believe the legal action line? So what.

Wasps have a stadium... we don't. They can say whatever they want.

I still think that CCFC have a chance of a deal as they 1. pay for the privilege and 2. no stadium sponsorship has been signed- hints at CCFC's presence enhancing the value of sponsorship.

If a Coventry fan consortium were owners, Wasps could hope for serious long term partners and maybe offer them a better deal than a company already intent on leaving - apparently in the short term - from the word go.

SkyblueBazza

They agreed a deal with Gary Hoffman that CCFC can continue playing at the Ricoh.
Why can't the same deal be signed with SISU?
There are provably plenty of 'if's in any such contract...both ways.

IF GHs takeover is successful for a start...otherwise GH will be paying rent for no apparent reason.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

quinn1971

There are provably plenty of 'if's in any such contract...both ways.

IF GHs takeover is successful for a start...otherwise GH will be paying rent for no apparent reason.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Must be a good sign if it's true he's already signed a deal wasps, Hoffman must be confident sisu are going to sell then ? Or is it more a case of IF sisu sell he's got a deal in place with wasps ?

clint van damme

have I missed something ? How can Hoffman sign a deal with wasps ?
Must be a good sign if it's true he's already signed a deal wasps, Hoffman must be confident sisu are going to sell then ? Or is it more a case of IF sisu sell he's got a deal in place with wasps ?

maybe he's agreed a deal in principle pending a takeover

rupert_bear

A certainty the Hoffman consortium have the principle of a ground deal in place or they wouldn't be pursuing a takeover, I think it will be more than a £100k a year too, double that would still be cheap in my opinion. So what if the same deal was or even has been offered to sisu ? and let's say it was a five year upfront deal, that's a million quid on the nose do you think Sepalla would pay ? I don't because I don't think she has the will or the means to pay.

SkyBlueZack

Maybe he's getting ahead of himself. The legal noise is nonsense. Just like sisus we're building a stadium. It's been stated so wasps can put the squeeze on and get deal they want which will allow them to secure stadium sponsorship. They can do this and receive no criticism as they know our fans will lap it up. As they have since it was said

Captain Dart

have I missed something ? How can Hoffman sign a deal with wasps ?
Simple, he can't. Don is living in an alternate reality on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread