Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (3 Viewers)

torchomatic

is it only me getting over exited? haha

No me too. I just hope Hoff keeps improving the offer until SISU finally accept rather than just give up and wait another three years before the next one.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Why isn't the time and a place to scrutinise now? After all whatever we say isn't going to affect the outcome, is it?

This kind of thing doesn't happen everyday so why shouldn't there be discussion? Don't get it myself.

Because it's the only chance I can see us ever getting rid of SISU. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a discussion, we absolute should be going through this with fine comb as much as possible. I'm just saying there is a massive over-scrutinisation from a few on here who are behaving as if they want the bid to fail.

Godiva

I think it's only fair to ask questions of Hoffman/Elliott and their offer.
We should after all remember that Hoffman and Elliott were two of the directors on the first board after SISU came in. They wasted the golden opportunity to spend the first many, many milions to bring us forward.
They failed.
Their strategy was
1) Stabilize the finances - they failed!
2) Secure promotion to the PL - they failed!
3) Buy 50% of the stadium - they failed!
In fact - their failure laid the foundation the to hatret towards SISU. And they don't seem to have any decency to at least admit they carry some responsibility.

Why would anyone simply accept they are 'better' than SISU when they were 'acting as SISU' (just like Fisher is now) back when there was money and good will in abundance. They screwed up!

Hobo

Nick, you don't need to tease this particular thread along, it seems to have gathered momentum all on its own . :beaver:

It wouldn't be the same without all his adverts all over his posts. He seems to attract more sponsorship than SISU can?

torchomatic

Because it's the only chance I can see us ever getting rid of SISU. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a discussion, we absolute should be going through this with fine comb as much as possible. I'm just saying there is a massive over-scrutinisation from a few on here who are behaving as if they want the bid to fail.

No they are not hoping the bid will fail. There isn't one person who wants that. Your "as if" is as bad as Irish Sky Blues' "It's almost like..." statement.

Saying fans want the bid to fail because they are asking questions is ridiculous.

On one hand you say we should be going through this with a fine tooth comb yet in the next breath accuse people of wanting it to fail.

Maybe we can go through it with a fine tooth comb as long as we don't ask anything controversial or question anything in case we are labelled as someone who wants the bid to fail.

I repeat: it is out of our hands. Nothing we day on here will influence the outcome.

Hobo

Think back to when SISU came in...

Nobody is saying they will be 100% worse, it however doesn't mind it should be blindly backed as they aren't SISU and without any information.

Well we should at least worry about potential new owners and what that will entail. However I can't see Fisher holding a fan's forum and asking "Are you guys happy for us to go ahead with this deal? If it's right for the club we will sell."

No if they are happy with the money they will be gone.

skybluebeduff

Then again this John bloke said a deal had already been agreed in principle which it hadn't? Maybe he's not that reliable either
He knew 2 weeks ago that a bid was coming in and got mocked for it, until yesterday when everyone who mocked him got to eat humble pie. He has been bang on the money everytime, even said the first bid will be rejected knowing that the bidders had something up their sleeves. Simon Gilbert has completely embarrassed himself trying to mock it for the past 2 weeks and then who broke news of a bid? fucking Simon.
John doesn't get anything from this.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No they are not hoping the bid will fail. There isn't one person who wants that. Your "as if" is as bad as Irish Sky Blues' "It's almost like..." statement.

Saying fans want the bid to fail because they are asking questions is ridiculous.

On one hand you say we should be going through this with a fine tooth comb yet in the next breath accuse people of wanting it to fail.

Maybe we can go through it with a fine tooth comb as long as we don't ask anything controversial or question anything in case we are labelled as someone who wants the bid to fail.

I repeat: it is out of our hands. Nothing we day on here will influence the outcome.

You're being really over sensitive on this. I've not said anything like some of the comments some twatty people have thrown around earlier on like 'SISU lover' or whatever else. I'm just pointing out that there looks to be some people that are criticising for the sake of criticising.

I'm not saying we cannot ask questions, but there is a clear few that have consistently bashed this bid from page one until now.

Have some balance man and it will be taken seriously.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm questioning the bid because I'm so desperate for sisu to go I want the bid to be as good as possible so they will take and be gone by sunrise.

What does that make me?

That makes you completely fair game, you have the clubs interests at heart.

You've already highlighted clearly that you want the owners to go but for the bid to be credible.The point I'm making is that I'm finding some people consistently overly negative and unable to even show (in 76 pages) that they want the bid to succeed. I think however, due to some of the shitty comments thrown around earlier, some people are mudding my stance with the same people who were pointing the 'sisu lover' finger.

fernandopartridge

Sisu's policy has been one of cutting costs, cutting infrastructure, cutting ties to the community. Do you really think that a group putting money in are going to shoot themselves in the foot and continue with those polices? Even if Hoffman group are not very effective that is still better than what amounts to a deliberate dismantlement of our club.

What did he do while on the board that was bad? (Genuinely don't know)

Any incoming board would also have to strictly manage costs, it isn't something specific to SISU, it is a fact of life. Different to SISU, I hope they'd have a coherent plan for generating income, though I suspect that will take a long time to fully implement due to the various outsourced contracts etc. The group putting money in won't have a bottomless pit, I would be rather concerned if they came in and went on a splurge but then had to significant cut costs again due to running out of money.

What did he do while on the board is probably a better question.

ccfchoi87

He knew 2 weeks ago that a bid was coming in and got mocked for it, until yesterday when everyone who mocked him got to eat humble pie. He has been bang on the money everytime, even said the first bid will be rejected knowing that the bidders had something up their sleeves. Simon Gilbert has completely embarrassed himself trying to mock it for the past 2 weeks and then who broke news of a bid? fucking Simon.
John doesn't get anything from this.

He said a deal had been agreed? It hasn't...

torchomatic

You're being really over sensitive on this. I've not said anything like some of the comments some twatty people have thrown around earlier on like 'SISU lover' or whatever else. I'm just pointing out that there looks to be some people that are criticising for the sake of criticising.

I'm not saying we cannot ask questions, but there is a clear few that have consistently bashed this bid from page one until now.

Have some balance man and it will be taken seriously.

Over sensitive? I guess I could say the same when you accuse people of wanting the bid to fail. Let's just agree to disagree.

covcity4life

What I'd like to hear about the bid is - commitment to level 2 academy...
ricoh extension agreed in principle...
increased playing budget...

rather than soundbites such as 'seven figures' and 'hard to turn down'.

And can't help feeling Wasps are going to be involved somehow...

agree on the first pts although they could be revealed later on?

not sure wasps involvement is a bad thing? we could become big alongside them perhaps? ricoh revenue etc from concerts blah blah

covcity4life

Over sensitive? I guess I could say the same when you accuse people of wanting the bid to fail. Let's just agree to disagree.

no hes right torch

you,nick and others kind of wear it like a badge of honour

we love ccfc sooo much we back sisu and hate council wasps and we will do anything for ccfc no matter what and anyone that dont better not mcok us because we love ccfc!!!!!!!

Captain Dart

The fans participation is interesting because I do not think that involves the trust at all. I would also suspect it would be a separate class of share with no real say or voting rights. Simply a different way to raise the funds to make the bid. After all this the fans deserve a proper say not lip service to fan involvement. I hope I am wrong

Why in heavens name would you offer them £25m in add ons? That basically mortgaging any potential future success and making it harder to retain that success. That's a huge figure

Simple, if the bonus payment lapses after a few years and most of the payout mentioned is conditional on the club getting to the Premier league (or maybe even top half of PL).
In the absence of conditions being made public the headline figure means very little, it may simply be virtually unachievable.

Users who are viewing this thread