Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (2 Viewers)

blueflint

In Ransons first interview as chairman he said they had three goal - first to stabilize the finances, next to achieve promotion to PL and third to secure a stake in the Ricoh.
They failed securing the finances and subsequently failed at everything else.
only after ransom left did the shit start of not paying rent etc only SISU to blame

Captain Dart

SISU were/are successful business people. Fucked the club up though. Running a football club is not the same as running a business.

They don't actually run businesses though do they, they strip assets and aggressively settle debts from existing debt laden businesses, turn the business into a smaller but profitable one and then flip it at a profit.

While this is going on the businesses are run by managers (like Tim Fisher) who have a bonus scheme tied to their performance, in certain cases SISU have been known dump the managers without paying out their bonus (there are documented instances of this happening & even court cases where the entitlement to a bonus was in dispute).

Last edited:

skybluetony176

SISU were/are successful business people. Fucked the club up though. Running a football club is not the same as running a business.

Were/are they? They were a successful hedge fund, that's the limit of their business skills as far as I can tell and haven't they recently moved to smaller offices with a less desirable post code? Not sure that's a sign of success.

skybluetony176

There's a lot of aspects I don't like about GH's offer such as giving away future revenue and Ryton to SISU/ARVO but as there clearly isn't a Red Bull, Australian consortium, Rich Russian after a Vanity project, Rich Arab after a vanity project or Rich anybody else after a vanity project the GH bid vs SISU remaining is surely a no brainer. While we're giving away revenue for a few years may cause stagnation or maybe a slow crawl back up a league, maybe two but compared to the downward spiral SISU have us on I'm failing to see how it wouldn't be an improvement and that might be the best we can hope for.

Grendel

only after ransom left did the shit start of not paying rent etc only SISU to blame

Ranson had loans against the club at higher interest rates than sisu didn't he? At one point he had three managers on the payroll as he kept sacking them and still paying them.

Also investigated by the football
League for loaning money to competitors didn't he?

Grendel

Can't have anything said against Sisu now can we?

Sisu are only at this football club because of Ranson. He instigated the takeover and I don't think his motives had anything to do with the welfare of the football club - just the wealth-fare of honest Ray the football man.

skybluetony176

Sisu are only at this football club because of Ranson. He instigated the takeover and I don't think his motives had anything to do with the welfare of the football club - just the wealth-fare of honest Ray the football man.

I thought that was down to MM and Uncle Joe? Or was it the council because SISU were their preferred bidder? You're not changing your mind again to suit are you? Still, as long as it's someone else's fault for SISU being here it can't be SISU's fault for the mess the club is in, in Grendull world.

Astute

There's a lot of aspects I don't like about GH's offer such as giving away future revenue and Ryton to SISU/ARVO but as there clearly isn't a Red Bull, Australian consortium, Rich Russian after a Vanity project, Rich Arab after a vanity project or Rich anybody else after a vanity project the GH bid vs SISU remaining is surely a no brainer. While we're giving away revenue for a few years may cause stagnation or maybe a slow crawl back up a league, maybe two but compared to the downward spiral SISU have us on I'm failing to see how it wouldn't be an improvement and that might be the best we can hope for.
Agree with most. But depends what you mean by a no brainer. How much of our future earnings could we afford to give SISU before not being able to compete after promotion could we handle? He is saying that those involved are willing to lose what they put in. So I would guess that they won't be putting in lots of millions each. So they could have the right intentions but not enough to tempt SISU and have the funds to run us how they want to.

Astute

SISU are at our club because of Richardson. End of.

skybluetony176

Agree with most. But depends what you mean by a no brainer. How much of our future earnings could we afford to give SISU before not being able to compete after promotion could we handle? He is saying that those involved are willing to lose what they put in. So I would guess that they won't be putting in lots of millions each. So they could have the right intentions but not enough to tempt SISU and have the funds to run us how they want to.

It's certainly an unknown to a large extent at the moment, we don't know who else is behind it, how much they're willing to put in etc. so I'm working on the assumption that we may struggle to push for promotion out of league two and if we did go up we may struggle to compete in league one and maybe even struggle to stay in league one. But compared to the only path SISU seem capable of taking us down I'll take it.

Unless of course a Red Bull, Australian consortium, Rich Russian after a Vanity project, Rich Arab after a vanity project or Rich anybody else after a vanity project come out of the shadows. Then GH can do one :)

Astute

I'm working on the assumption that we may struggle to push for promotion out of league two and if we did go up we may struggle to compete in league one and maybe even struggle to stay in league one.
The exact words could be said for SISU. So one thing comes to mind. Out of the frying pan.........

Yes I would prefer someone else to be running our club. But wanting what is best and being able to make it happen are two totally different things. I have no reason to dislike Hoffmann. But it can't be a takeover that puts us exactly where we are now.

Grendel

I know that you always say that Richardson is not guilty of anything that has put our club where it is now. The vast majority of us know differently.

Everyone on this forum but you wouldn't blame Richardson for them being here. It's Flat Earth Society nonsense.

skybluetony176

The exact words could be said for SISU. So one thing comes to mind. Out of the frying pan.........

Yes I would prefer someone else to be running our club. But wanting what is best and being able to make it happen are two totally different things. I have no reason to dislike Hoffmann. But it can't be a takeover that puts us exactly where we are now.

I understand exactly where you're coming from but the one thing that would be different is the application. I can't ever see GH setting out to do what SISU have done with and to the club and supporters.

Brylowes

Thing is though, iF a deal gets done the club suddenly becomes a lot more saleable,
The debt would have disappeared "one way or another "
We would hopefully have a mid to long term deal at the Ricoh sorted, the fanbase
would be back On side with renewed interest and hope.
I'm sure GH and co 'having achieved their objectives of ridding the club of SISU
Would be more than happy to sell the club on to someone more able to really
Push the club forward.

Astute

Everyone on this forum but you wouldn't blame Richardson for them being here. It's Flat Earth Society nonsense.
Why did we end up not owning our own ground?

How did we end up being 60m in debt?

Why did CCC end up getting the Ricoh built?

Ah yes nothing to do with Richardson.

shmmeee

McGinnity is to blame for Sisu. We should've gone pop back when you still could rather than selling the family silver then strong arming everyone into accepting Sisu.

Richardson may have made mistakes but he was long gone and fresh new mistakes that had far bigger long term consequences were made in the meantime.

When we were trying to rebrand to save printing costs on our badge that was the sign the game was up. None of them wanted to be the ones to bankrupt us so passed the buck to Sisu.

cloughie

I know that you always say that Richardson is not guilty of anything that has put our club where it is now. The vast majority of us know differently.
Yes we know differently but only a fool believes differently

and the fool always steps up to prove himself a fool......time and time again

Astute

Thing is though, iF a deal gets done the club suddenly becomes a lot more saleable,
The debt would have disappeared "one way or another "
We would hopefully have a mid to long term deal at the Ricoh sorted, the fanbase
would be back On side with renewed interest and hope.
I'm sure GH and co 'having achieved their objectives of ridding the club of SISU
Would be more than happy to sell the club on to someone more able to really
Push the club forward.
The sticking point is the debt. Do you really think that SISU will walk away with a couple of million and wipe the debt off?

cloughie

just a shot in the dark yet I could see GH offers as an exercise as to finding the true sale price for a bigger consortium to step in.
If GH manages to pull it off I would not be surprised to see it sold on very quickly
Hence the secrecy of local investors.

fernandopartridge

Richardson left the club 5, nearly 6 years before SISU on board. He left before a spade had even gone into the ground at the Arena site. He isn't to blame for them, lots more went on between 2002 and 2007.

Astute

Richardson left the club 5, nearly 6 years before SISU on board. He left before a spade had even gone into the ground at the Arena site. He isn't to blame for them, lots more went on between 2002 and 2007.
We were totally in the shit and homeless when Richardson got the push. He left us homeless and in so much debt whilst losing a massive amount each month. Those who followed were guilty of being useless at firefighting. So what damaged our club the most?

Samo

He did indeed... but not before having financially mismanaged the club to the point which would eventually result in its inability to complete the Ricoh deal as it was intended and the council stepping in and hamstringing the club permanently.

Users who are viewing this thread