Ryder Cup (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

Just can't believe whats been going on with the City. Numb with it to be honest, don't know what to say or who to blame...so I'm going to immerse myself in the golf.

Come on Europe!

Covstu

Yep looking forward to this one, looks balanced maybe the yanks look stronger for once

Skyblueweeman

I'm absolutely buzzing about this. Being a paddy of the Northern variety, Rory is a hero of mine. I was so happy to see him win the FedEx the other night in great fashion.

Working from home today and have the Ryder Cup on in the background. One of the best events in Sport!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Only time I watch Golf not a great watch so far 4-0 USA they seem to have all the momentum.

Am I right in thinking Europe changed the ruling after the last RC about allowing more amateurs in or something that implied Europe would be a weaker team!?

Covstu

I think there is a question on what is called as amateur, it's their first RC but they certainly are not novices! Just don't think Europe could have sent a better, more in form team but I think the yanks have the bigger guns out. Early doors of course but certainly not the start we wanted

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Momentums shifted in European favour over the last 30 mins.

Ending the day 5-3 down would be a good as it gets right now.

Is there a more annoying sporting crowd than Americans at Golf though!?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I think there is a question on what is called as amateur, it's their first RC but they certainly are not novices! Just don't think Europe could have sent a better, more in form team but I think the yanks have the bigger guns out. Early doors of course but certainly not the start we wanted

Wasn't implying the players are amateur, can't remember what it is, but thought something changed on the selection policy.

Gazolba

I'd like to see the Ryder Cup include male and female golfers. They could have mixed foursomes.

Johnnythespider

Momentums shifted in European favour over the last 30 mins.

Ending the day 5-3 down would be a good as it gets right now.

Is there a more annoying sporting crowd than Americans at Golf though!?
In the hole

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

5-3 looks a lot better than this morning, Rory really enjoyed that and his partner pieters has looked very strong

Gazolba

How about that American heckler who criticised a player for missing a put when he said "even I could make that". He was challenged to do it, and promptly sank the put!
http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/37514437

stupot07

Anyone watching? Garcia and Cabrera-Bello are mounting an incredible fight back, coming back from 4 down to all square going into the last.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Is it the same bloke that shouts in the hole or is there a whole group of arse holes.

RegTheDonk

Anyone watching? Garcia and Cabrera-Bello are mounting an incredible fight back, coming back from 4 down to all square going into the last.

That was brilliant. Loved the 17th, yank ball on the lip of the cup for the win, and it was snatched back with a fantastic putt.

Shame about the afternoon session. I know its a team game and you shouldn't blame anyone, but I was really frustrated with Lee. Two doable putts for someone of his experience missed on the last two holes, we could have been 1 point behind not 3.

Oh well, will make today's trouncing more fun :D

Otis

That was brilliant. Loved the 17th, yank ball on the lip of the cup for the win, and it was snatched back with a fantastic putt.

Shame about the afternoon session. I know its a team game and you shouldn't blame anyone, but I was really frustrated with Lee. Two doable putts for someone of his experience missed on the last two holes, we could have been 1 point behind not 3.

Oh well, will make today's trouncing more fun :D
That last putt was a bit of a shocker from Westwood. He used to be my favourite golfer, but his star is a bit on the wane these days.

He HAD to make that putt.

I think it is the Americans to lose now and they should take the cup home.

It needs a brilliant effort from the Europeans to pull this one out of the bag.

stupot07

That last putt was a bit of a shocker from Westwood. He used to be my favourite golfer, but his star is a bit on the wane these days.

He HAD to make that putt.

I think it is the Americans to lose now and they should take the cup home.

It needs a brilliant effort from the Europeans to pull this one out of the bag.
Yeah, can't see us coming back from 3 down with this squad. Thats golf I suppose.

Otis

Yeah, can't see us coming back from 3 down with this squad. Thats golf I suppose.

The US now need to only win 5 out of the 12 matchups to take the trophy. They can lose 7 matches and still win, so it's a massive, massive ask now for Europe.

Johnnythespider

The US now need to only win 5 out of the 12 matchups to take the trophy. They can lose 7 matches and still win, so it's a massive, massive ask now for Europe.
It's been done before Otis, but I can't see it with this squad. The Americans are huge favourites, but we live in hope.
If we can get the first couple of points on the board it could snowball from there. Here's hoping

Otis

It's been done before Otis, but I can't see it with this squad. The Americans are huge favourites, but we live in hope.
If we can get the first couple of points on the board it could snowball from there. Here's hoping

Well yep, that's my thinking. Too many rookies in the European team and they won't have felt pressure like this before (Sullivan, Fitzpatrick, Wood).

We have 6 rookies. Pieters and Rafa have looked fine, but I think it will hurt us now being behind.

Johnnythespider

This is unbelievable golf Mcilroy and reed going hammer and tongs

Otis

Not going to happen. Well no win anyway and probably a loss, unless he can win the last two holes.

Otis

Well that was a blow. Fully expected Rory to get at least a half a point. That now looks like overall defeat I think.

The Reverend Skyblue

It's virtually over, can't stand the Yankee crowd, and their players come to think of it.
Enjoyed watching it this weekend, Cov actually winning a game of football and my weekend spent with my feet up watching the golf whilst consuming plent of beer and a few wee drams, just a pity we will lose the Ryde Cup ,but I can't have everything I wish for.

Gazolba

The last few games look like a whitewash. The Americans have far more depth than we do.

Johnnythespider

I think Rory blew himself out on the front 9, all that adrenaline knocks the stuffing out of you, the rookies have struggled bar pieters and Cabrera Belo. We've been chasing since the first session but it's been great to watch

Otis

Neither Willets or Westwood picked up a single point, nor did the two rookies, Fitzpatrick and Sullivan.

Only Rafa and Pieters out of the rookies did really well.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Well I get suckered into the Ryder Cup drama every time and really do enjoy it but I now go back to having zero interest in the sport for 2 years.

Roll on France in 2018!!

Users who are viewing this thread