Sam Ricketts (1 Viewer)

steve82

Telegraph done a piece on him and his enforced retirement due to his knee, anyway says he's still contracted till June with us.

How can a player still be contracted when they've been forced to retire? I get a player under contract who's injured is still under a contract to be paid by the club but a player forced to retire, don't make sense. Surely the contract is void if you have to retire? Wouldn't insurances kick in then?

So how much has he picked up in vital wages this season in his 7 league games (10 games in total)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

Telegraph done a piece on him and his enforced retirement due to his knee, anyway says he's still contracted till June with us.

How can a player still be contracted when they've been forced to retire? I get a player under contract who's injured is still under a contract to be paid by the club but a player forced to retire, don't make sense. Surely the contract is void if you have to retire? Wouldn't insurances kick in then?

So how much has he picked up in vital wages this season in his 7 league games (10 games in total)

What would you like to happen to you should the worst happen in your workplace?

ajsccfc

Probably prevents him making a miraculous recovery and playing somewhere else for the duration.

Samo

He's retired from playing, not a as a member of staff.

chiefdave

Being paid doesn't mean it isn't being paid by the insurance. Or maybe he couldn't be insured.

Unless he does as Kilbane did and walks away cancelling his contract he'll still be entitled to whatever is in his contract

steve82

What would you like to happen to you should the worst happen in your workplace?

Well I'm lucky I get 6 months full pay then 6 months half....
however Sam Ricketts had a playing contract, he had to retire due therefore made himself unavailable for selection. He's basically said I'm not playing anymore... and rightly so from his part as I'm sure the pain and likely knee replacement isn't worth it.
If I say I'm not working anymore my knees shagged, I've terminated my contract.
So why has his playing contract not been terminated? Insurances triggered? Or a revised coaching role with contract been given.

Specs WT-R75

Well I'm lucky I get 6 months full pay then 6 months half....
however Sam Ricketts had a playing contract, he had to retire due therefore made himself unavailable for selection. He's basically said I'm not playing anymore... and rightly so from his part as I'm sure the pain and likely knee replacement isn't worth it.
If I say I'm not working anymore my knees shagged, I've terminated my contract.
So why has his playing contract not been terminated? Insurances triggered? Or a revised coaching role with contract been given.

How do you know that isn't what happened?

Nick

Administrator
He was coaching and warming up defenders until MR was here then he didn't seem to be about on matchdays as much and another bloke did it.

I'd guess when the season finishes (contractually) he will look for a coaching job / let his knee recover a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread