Schools closed in Coventry (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Looks like a few schools have closed due to a man acting suspiciously. Any idea what he was actually doing?

DByaCgoW0AALUoZ.jpg

wingy

Sensitive times at the moment.
Time for some troops out on the streets and round schools etc.
Let's make soft targets a little more solid.

Captain Dart

What type of suspicious act? I smell a fear of being accused of not being politically correct.

Astute

Got my kids ready for school today. Walked up to the school with my youngest. His school is half infants and half nursery school. They normally close the nursery side for voting.

Got close to his school. The lollypop lady said he didn't have school today as the whole school was closed. My lad looked up and said "I knew it was closed but isn't it funny that you came here for no reason"

What made it worse is it was pissing it down at the time.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Got my kids ready for school today. Walked up to the school with my youngest. His school is half infants and half nursery school. They normally close the nursery side for voting.

Got close to his school. The lollypop lady said he didn't have school today as the whole school was closed. My lad looked up and said "I knew it was closed but isn't it funny that you came here for no reason"

What made it worse is it was pissing it down at the time.

Lmao, your kid is funny

Astute

Lmao, your kid is funny
I gave up trying not to laugh. Should have known though. He got ready for school without me saying anything. I normally have to chase him around in the morning.

Otis

We just got an email from my daughter's school. Seems that possibly someone was photographing the school entrance at Whitmore Park and that raised concerns.

The letter then goes on to say though that it has all been embellished through social media and gotten out of hand.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We just got an email from my daughter's school. Seems that possibly someone was photographing the school entrance at Whitmore Park and that raised concerns.

The letter then goes on to say though that it has all been embellished through social media and gotten out of hand.
From what I've heard a more serious incident occurred at one of the other schools which was closed

Otis

Don't think that is right. Not according to the head of Coundon Court anyway.

He said he has spoken to police. They say there was the one incident and then it all got embellished on Facebook and other social media.

Not saying it isn't true, but that is what the police told the headteacher at Coundon Court.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What happened at the other one?
Don't know the full incident something along the lines of two men in balaclavas crashed into the back of a womans car, the woman got out to see what was going on. When she saw two men in balaclavas getting out the other car and coming at her she ran to safety in the school. Then apparently they were threatening to kill the children and fled before police arrived.

Grendel

What I don't understand is parents received a text saying the school was closed at 10.00 pm last night. That's not agreeing with the statement they were closed as there was an election

Otis

Well yeah, but Chinese Whispers and all that.

Not saying it isn't true but the CT report says that the 'man' (singular) involved had been spoken to and no further action taken.

I am not a fan of the grapevine. ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

It does all seem a bit strange.
It does, I've only heard it retold by another family member who spoke directly to the family member who works at the school so Otis scepticism on chinese whispers could be true. Although it's a pretty big jump from the letter to what I've heard.

They are both very, very, very close family members to me so its not like a your uncles second cousin boyfriends sister type of thing either.

But no lie, that is what I was told.

Otis

I do hate social media though for this very reason. There's always been Chinese Whispers, but these days a story can be half way round the world within minutes and there will always been huge embellishment.

Just been working on a stage production for the last 6 months. What was it all about? Chinese Whispers!!!

Users who are viewing this thread