Scientology (1 Viewer)

Otis

That's some seriously deranged culty bollock religion isn't it.

Had seen John Sweeney's Panarama piece some 10 years ago and also Louis Theroux, but have recently been hooked on Leah Remini's series on the subject. A series last year and a brand new series just started in the last couple of days. Leah is an ex Scientologist.

How do people fall for this barmy shit?

I see a new Scientology headquarters has just opened in Birmingham right now.

Are we as guilable as the Americans?

Terry Gibson's perm

There is enough crazy religion without people coming along and inventing new ones.

Otis

You also have to attend compulsory 'auditing' sessions, which cost $800 an hour!!!!

These last a minimum of 2 and a half hours each.

Terry Gibson's perm

You also have to attend compulsory 'auditing' sessions, which cost $800 an hour!!!!

These last a minimum of 2 and a half hours each.

Blimey wish I had come up with the idea I could be interested in buying the club then

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I was almost drafted into the Scientology movement by a deranged ex-partner of mine. She was well into Spiritualism, Tarot, Mystic stuff and gypsy readings so when she saw an advert in the Telegraph saying something like "We can change your lives forever" or words to that effect, she was hooked. She dragged me along (I think it was held at the old Godiva Hotel) and they proceeded to brainwash her into buying the book, "Dianetics Can Change Your Life" by L. Ron Hubbard. They tried to involve me but I wasn't the slightest bit interested. I could see what they were up to even back then (around 1988/89). I even had to take her to Birmingham to their offices. They don't like the word 'church' because it isn't one. Anyway, to cut the story short, I caught them out with some bullshit they were spouting and managed to persuade the silly cow to drop them ASAP! Thankfully, she saw sense. She was so into all that weird shit, she used to go to the gypsy site near Baginton Airport and give them stuff like video recorders and music centres just so they would give her a reading! I dropped her like a ton of bricks after a 4 or 5 years of living like a freak!

Philosorapter

If it makes people happy and they want to spend their money on it, who are we to suggest otherwise.

Now over to the mystery of the Holy Foreskin.

Gazolba

I'm thinking of starting a religion myself.
It will be based on the concept that 'money is the root of all evil'.
So everyone should unburden themselves from it by giving their money to me.
I will shoulder the burden of it for them so they don't have to.
They can rejoice in the knowledge that their burden is being carried by me.
And I won't charge any fee to join my congregation.

Last edited:

pastythegreat

David Icke at Wembley:
View attachment 8204

Or closer to home:
Winners Chapel Int'l Coventry

When you get down to it what makes Scientology nuts but other religions perfectly acceptable?
No your right, what makes this nuts, and kneeling and worshiping a made up being in the sky any more sane? Do you remember the last time you picked up a paper or turned on the news to see some crazy fucker blew up a concert full of kids or ploughed a van into pedestrians all in the name of scientology? Seems to happen every week in Islam!

It's is nuts. It's absolutely fucking bonkers. But so is all religion. It just preys on the weak minded!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I watched a documentary about Tony Robbins on Netflix. That was some weird cult like shit as well.

Otis

Looks like its on Sky catch up so I'll give it a go.
Yeah I would if I was you. It's an odd religion in so many ways, not least because God is just about never mentioned and is not worshipped. It's not about any God at all in essence.

It's all just about ascending a ladder to self fulfilment, but you cannot speak out against them, if you leave you are an enemy and if your children leave you and you stay you have to cut off from them and vice versa.

It's just a very strange, intimidating, threatening religion. They follow you about , spy on you and try to destroy your life if you criticise them.

Colin1883

Yeah I would if I was you. It's an odd religion in so many ways, not least because God is just about never mentioned and is not worshipped. It's not about any God at all in essence.

It's all just about ascending a ladder to self fulfilment, but you cannot speak out against them, if you leave you are an enemy and if your children leave you and you stay you have to cut off from them and vice versa.

It's just a very strange, intimidating, threatening religion. They follow you about , spy on you and try to destroy your life if you criticise them.

I thought their "gods" were aliens

Otis

They say they hold no such beliefs.

I do know if you join however, you do have to sign a billion year contract.

Nick

Administrator
Surely they will be praying on the vulnerable? People who are looking for "something" and then just feeding them bullshit and rinsing them for money?

Otis

Surely they will be praying on the vulnerable? People who are looking for "something" and then just feeding them bullshit and rinsing them for money?
You've got it in a nutshell.

They offer you a solution to all your problems.

Just so weird how so many famous faces have got involved over the years.

Captain Dart

Tom Cruise & John Travolta for instance?

Gazolba

<snip>.

Sounds like a lot of governments in the world; Russia, China, North Korea.

Captain Dart

dancers lance

That's some seriously deranged culty bollock religion isn't it.

Had seen John Sweeney's Panarama piece some 10 years ago and also Louis Theroux, but have recently been hooked on Leah Remini's series on the subject. A series last year and a brand new series just started in the last couple of days. Leah is an ex Scientologist.

How do people fall for this barmy shit?

I see a new Scientology headquarters has just opened in Birmingham right now.

Are we as guilable as the Americans?
Hey! If you can get away with paying zero tax by saying you believe people can walk on water, deities can impregnate virgins by magic with a child that is also the person that impregnated them? the moon can be split in half, seemingly at a whim, etc.......surely saying you believe that the souls of aliens live inside lizard people, in volcanoes, on earth, and you have faith this is the truth, gives you the same right to a tax break as the others?

singers_pore

This Leah Remini series is excellent, highly recommended. Scientology has to be the worst religion/cult on the face of the earth, closely followed by other extremist religions such as Jehovah's Witnesses, Sunni Islam, Shia Islam, Mormons, 7th Day Adventists, Southern Baptists, etc.

Otis

This Leah Remini series is excellent, highly recommended. Scientology has to be the worst religion/cult on the face of the earth, closely followed by other extremist religions such as Jehovah's Witnesses, Sunni Islam, Shia Islam, Mormons, 7th Day Adventists, Southern Baptists, etc.
It is a very good series. Really weird how her and her team are constantly being watched and surveyed at every turn. That Mike Rinder fella is perfect for the show, what with having been on both sides and so much the ugly front of Scientology previously. He held a position of such prominence within the Scientology movement.

You leave the movement you are declared a suppressive and they set out to destroy your lives.

mrtrench

Maybe they fancy tapping into the Brexiteer market?
giphy.gif
l

richnrg

David Icke now lives in Ryde here on the Isle of Wight. Keeps himself to himself and now seems harmless enough. I've seen him a few times now, just doing every day things like shopping in the local "Nisa store, and strolling along the front.
have you ever seen him strolling to Bournemouth and back?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
have you ever seen him strolling to Bournemouth and back?
How would I see him strolling to Bournemouth and back, a distance of about 30 miles, and across the Solent?

Users who are viewing this thread