Scott Dann (1 Viewer)

bamalamafizzfazz

Hey guys, assuming that Dann moves back to the premier league over the summer surely we have a sell on clause on him. It says on MAD that in the Sunday Mirror Villa were interested for £15mill.

Pure speculation I'm sure about the Villa but at some point I imagine he will move on and I wonder if we would get anything out of it.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Id like to think we had a sell on clause in the transfer. Would have been silly not to. However as ive said on another post, Ranson was usually the man to mastermind deals and gettin good money (Borrowdale, Gray etc). As he wasnt part of either Fox or Dann moves, theres no guarantee whoever was part of the deals, included such a clause. Id like to think there was atleast a 10% sell on clause. And if £15m is a true figure, then we'll get a nice little windfall that hopefully can be given to Thorn to spend (although i wont hold my breath on that happening)

TommyAtkins

I am fairly sure there isn't a clause. My understanding is that SISU insisted on the sale of Dann, giving Ranson little freedom of manoeuvre to negotiate a pay-on clause. When the owners want to sell and the player wants to leave, it is unlikely the buying club can be coerced into agreeing to extras in the deal. If there is a pay-on clause, it will probably be a pay-on clause over and above the initial £3.5 million that was paid.
Dann was valued at about £8-10 million when Birmingham were a Premiership team. Now that the Blues have been relegated, given their possible financial woes, in addition to the loss of income, Dann's value may have dropped to about £4 million.

There probably isn't a clause. If there is, the money Coventry receive might be as little as £50,000 and if there is any money, SISU will use it to offset the running deficit and/or to offset some of their investment.

Disorganised1

Add on might be in the form of more money if he wins England caps - and that usually ends when he's sold on.

Against that, he's been injured a while now - I don't think anyone will leap in until January.

Users who are viewing this thread