Scunthorpe Match Thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I feel Pressley out would have really kicked off if we hadn't scored, full time was still pretty negative reaction but it would have went nuts had we lost 1-0.

Pressley has to go

Pressley Out!

Como

Interesting that CWR basically are showing the same levels of disbelief about Presley.

But as somebody said who could come that was half decent.

General comment was a lucky point.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Just got home. If there were two words I did not want to hear post match, it was 'Proud' and 'Outstanding'. How on earth did they make that post match interview?

As for him going into say 'we want to go on a winning run...' WE HAVE TO START WINNING FOR THAT TO HAPPEN YOU FOOL!!!!

Only decent thing about the post match coverage on CWR tonight was when they spoke with Robins (rightly or wrongly). I do miss proper post match interviews with an actual manager!

Not sure if he was just saying to our local radio that his defenders don't deserve their pay, and named Shef for his 'bloody dive' (albeit in humour), but things like that surely make a difference??

I'm not proud of my team tonight!

Gazolba

It's a good thing every team below us lost. But a great opportunity to pull away from the bottom four was missed.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Missed the press conference but I guess it was the usual crap, how can he talk this crap whilst keeping a straight face. Insulting the intelligence of the fans, thats what it is.

Nick

Administrator
Just got home. If there were two words I did not want to hear post match, it was 'Proud' and 'Outstanding'. How on earth did they make that post match interview?

As for him going into say 'we want to go on a winning run...' WE HAVE TO START WINNING FOR THAT TO HAPPEN YOU FOOL!!!!

Only decent thing about the post match coverage on CWR tonight was when they spoke with Robins (rightly or wrongly). I do miss proper post match interviews with an actual manager!

Not sure if he was just saying to our local radio that his defenders don't deserve their pay, and named Shef for his 'bloody dive' (albeit in humour), but things like that surely make a difference??

I'm not proud of my team tonight!

I guess it shows their manager was watching the same game as the fans!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I wonder what the players think when they listen to his interview.

Are they thinking what the hell is this lunatic talking about, or are they sitting there pleased with there performance because he's happy.

These aren't children Pressley, you don't have to say it was brilliant when it was absymal because you don't want to upset them. These are grown men, I'm by no means telling him to rip them to shreds but just tell them how it is.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Scunthorpe scored against the run of play from a dead ball after a bright opening although the final ball was clearly lacking. The performance dropped after the break, a lot of sidewards passing and also backwards, ball going out of play etc poor substitutions, last kick of the game hopeful lump forward and a composed finish from the otherwise invisible Tudgay. It was cold, it was shit and unfortunately it looks like Pressley will stay in a job that little bit longer.

What he said!

stupot07

Scunthorpe scored against the run of play from a dead ball after a bright opening although the final ball was clearly lacking. The performance dropped after the break, a lot of sidewards passing and also backwards, ball going out of play etc poor substitutions, last kick of the game hopeful lump forward and a composed finish from the otherwise invisible Tudgay. It was cold, it was shit and unfortunately it looks like Pressley will stay in a job that little bit longer.

agreed with that.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Oh here we go 'who would come in and do a better job'. Worst fucking argument EVER. Get this boring twat off. 'Hands tied' bollocks, certain teams would love to bring in 86 players in just over a season. Get the irate fans on, far more entertaining. The call for Dion Dublin for to be manager was mental

Nothing surprises me with Nigel! So unpredictable :)

And it was him who was cut off on Saturday! I thought it was a different one

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Missed the press conference but I guess it was the usual crap, how can he talk this crap whilst keeping a straight face. Insulting the intelligence of the fans, thats what it is.

Listen back if you can (and want a laugh). Then continue in the coverage and listen to Robins! Much better even if it was from an opposition perspective

LJC_CCFC

Same old shit then I take it lads? Been very busy since Friday and its surprising how disinterested I've been in both games, what some might call 'The Pressley affect'.

Great_Expectations

Hearing Robins post match interview was a nostalgic moment. There is a danger when thinking about the past to remember things more favourably than the reality at the time; 'the grass is always greener' etc. I don't think this is the case with Robins, one of very few managers in the last decade that spoke sense and backed it up, one of the very few who gave the fans confidence and certainly one of very few who we could have progressed with as a club.

He was by no means the messiah and considering his time at Huddlesfield is evidently not the finished article, but I would certainly welcome him back.

Unfortunately SP is losing the fans even more with every poor decision (on and off the pitch) he makes and delusional interview he gives.

Jackoskyblue

Now I'm home the dust has settled I just had a chuckle to myself at how pathetic our manager team and owners are. Got to laugh otherwise you'd cry eh

wingy

You never go anyway, you just come on here boring the tits off everyone with your really funny 3 weeks joke.

Robbins

"Cov called us some problems without having any real opportunities on goal. 100% we should have won that. I am angry as we have to learn how to keep clean sheets. 2 of my defenders want their wages taken off them this week"

That soundbite hasnt really helped Pressley !

I did wonder If he was being a little mischievous stating what a good squad we have
He's not the first either

SkyBlue_Bear83

I did wonder If he was being a little mischievous stating what a good squad we have
He's not the first either

I'd bet he would happily take a lot of our players for Scunthorpe. Heck he took one of our fringe players and he's s first choice for them.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think one of the CWR callers had it spot on about Robins; his successes with us distracted us from SISU issues because we were doing well on the field. Prior to that, thorn was doing terribly - attention on SISU. Now Pressley doing not so well - attention on SISU.

wingy

I do get the gallows stuff but I have to say possibly hypocritically that I couldn't clap Mcsheffery as I felt he dived for the free kick that led to the goal
Also the booing of young lads who've Played in what Is becoming a bearpit
I have to say If he brings Webster back and moves Pennington he should be shot at dawn
Boy did that lad Impress me second half
the spirit leadership and energy he showed was awesome for a young lad
Making 20-30 yard forays with the ball reminded me a little o Mo Konic
Drove everything good that produced that second half surge

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I do get the gallows stuff but I have to say possibly hypocritically that I couldn't clap Mcsheffery as I felt he dived for the free kick that led to the goal
Also the booing of young lads who've Played in what Is becoming a bearpit
I have to say If he brings Webster back and moves Pennington he should be shot at dawn
Boy did that lad Impress me second half
the spirit leadership and energy he showed was awesome for a young lad
Making 20-30 yard forays with the ball reminded me a little o Mo Konic
Drove everything good that produced that second half surge

Completely agree, although can't make the call on whether shef dived or not. Wouldn't surprise me as we know all too well he is very light on his feet!

stupot07

Completely agree, although can't make the call on whether shef dived or not. Wouldn't surprise me as we know all too well he is very light on his feet!

I didn't think he dived? Light on his feet, but martin played mcsheffrey when he was nowhere near the ball. It's the kind of challenge he'd have got away with if he was shepherding the ball out for a goal kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

You never go anyway, you just come on here boring the tits off everyone with your really funny 3 weeks joke.

I think one of the CWR callers had it spot on about Robins; his successes with us distracted us from SISU issues because we were doing well on the field. Prior to that, thorn was doing terribly - attention on SISU. Now Pressley doing not so well - attention on SISU.
So was Pressley for half of last season which Is probably for me the most annoying thing about him
He Is their stooge and willing to take anything they point at him
He should have Been backed when Clark left last January and wasn't

And the same with all the other sales to take Inferior product
His gutless acceptance of their status quo and the 4 yr deal tell us everything we need to know about the man
There will be no renaissance under him just more of the same abject failure as they will never give him the tools to mask his Inadequacies

Brighton Sky Blue

It's a good thing every team below us lost. But a great opportunity to pull away from the bottom four was missed.

2 points from 6 at home to Rochdale and Scunthorpe, absolutely pathetic. This league is awful and keeps giving us chances to go up the table but we persist in giving hope for the bottom 4 and to crown it all off our manager is pleased with how it's gone.

Brighton Sky Blue

So was Pressley for half of last season which Is probably for me the most annoying thing about him

His gutless acceptance of their status quo and the 4 yr deal tell us everything we need to know about the man
There will be no renaissance under him just more of the same abject failure as they will never give him the tools to mask his Inadequacies

Suspect he knows he won't get half as good a deal anywhere else Wingy so no chance of the bloke resigning either.

covmark

I like you wingy, but is there any reason why you keep quoting one of my poorest posts of the evening?

duffer

Suspect he knows he won't get half as good a deal anywhere else Wingy so no chance of the bloke resigning either.

Very true this.

I don't really want to go down the road of sacking yet another manager, but he's making a rod for his own back when he describes a last-gasp draw with Scunthorpe as an 'exceptional performance'. I couldn't believe that interview; whether he believes it himself or not I'm not certain, but he must be able to see that it's infuriating the fans.

The only thing that's going to get us out of the mess we're in now is the general crapness of the teams below us. If one or two of them suddenly find some form then we've had it, because I can see little evidence that there's either an acceptance of how poor we are, or the ability to turn it around. Worrying times.

Brighton Sky Blue

Very true this.

I don't really want to go down the road of sacking yet another manager, but he's making a rod for his own back when he describes a last-gasp draw with Scunthorpe as an 'exceptional performance'. I couldn't believe that interview; whether he believes it himself or not I'm not certain, but he must be able to see that it's infuriating the fans.

The only thing that's going to get us out of the mess we're in now is the general crapness of the teams below us. If one or two of them suddenly find some form then we've had it, because I can see little evidence that there's either an acceptance of how poor we are, or the ability to turn it around. Worrying times.

I don't think we have any choice but to sack him. Not just for poor results but for a genuine belief that the performances are encouraging and that there is nothing to worry about. If he recognised the gravity of the situation and saw how his current approach wasn't working, I'd give him time to try more positive ideas. But he really sees nothing wrong with how the team is playing, and for that he has to go. The boost in morale it would give to the players would in itself lead to a win in the game following it.

chiefdave

Pretty much sums it up, Robbins furious with his side for not winning, Pressley ecstatic with his for managing a draw.

Users who are viewing this thread