Scunthorpe United (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

2 successive relegations.

National league North next season.

alexccfc99

Can now add Yeovil to that list - Championship in 2014, beat us more often than not and now relegated

fernandopartridge

Scunthorpe had a few seasons in the Championship as well. I seem to remember them beating us when Coleman was in charge, Gary Madine was here on loan and missed a few chances. Might have been a Sunday game for some reason.

alexccfc99

Scunthorpe had a few seasons in the Championship as well. I seem to remember them beating us when Coleman was in charge, Gary Madine was here on loan and missed a few chances. Might have been a Sunday game for some reason.
They used to beat us more often than not - a real bogey side for us

ccfctommy

Yeovil relegated to the National League South yesterday.

They beat Brentford (!!) to get promoted to the Championship not even ten years ago...

ccfctommy

I really don't know the ins and outs of this but they have just released the statement saying the chairman is withdrawing all finding going forward and home matches will now be played at Gainsborough Trinity FC.

Grendel

I really don't know the ins and outs of this but they have just released the statement saying the chairman is withdrawing all finding going forward and home matches will now be played at Gainsborough Trinity FC.

It’s a very sorry take.

The former owner still owns the ground and the new owner has failed to buy it in the agreed timescale

The new owner has suspended the clubs twitter account due to fan abuse

Tbe new owner is a convicted fraudster whose been in prison and operated under several aliases - sorry mess all round

eastwoodsdustman

I saw a screenshot the other night of some of the replies the owner was sending to fans. It wasn't nice reading.
He's happy to let the club die.

fernandopartridge

I don't think I ever saw us beat them in a live match to be honest, went there once and we lost (Reda Johnson got sent off). Only saw us play them at home a couple of times. Good riddance then.

David O'Day

I do remember them beating us opening day though and their fans gobbing off online that we were shite, didn't own our ground etc... so swings and roundabouts.

Am I petty? I like to think so, yes.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
the one where Andreu scored a free kick? it wasn't just online, there were a couple of plums spouting off in the tesco car park after

so fuck them

TomRad85

the one where Andreu scored a free kick? it wasn't just online, there were a couple of plums spouting off in the tesco car park after

so fuck them
That's the one. Andreu coming back from injury and I believe the debut of the Shrewsbury two. The shit things we used to look forward to hey.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

There are always dickheads though, the amount of our fans saying why should we care when Chester were going out of business was sad to see.

And then it was nearly us...

Fans need to stick together when clubs are close to oblivion, we need each other and it could be us next, always.

Tommo1993

It’s not been said yet, so I’m astonished. But wasn’t it McSheffrey pinging in a free kick for them at the Ricoh which caused *that* applause?…

fernandopartridge

It’s not been said yet, so I’m astonished. But wasn’t it McSheffrey pinging in a free kick for them at the Ricoh which caused *that* applause?…
We've got a few links with them, Robins was there as his last job before he came to us. Matt Godden started his career there.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

ccfctommy

I remember going there in November about ten years ago. We thought Long scored but it hit the post and came off Joe Murphy.

Can't remember if we won or drew.

Tommo1993

First visit to Scunthorpe Jack Cork lobbed Kasper Schmeichel. Wasn’t actually so much of a lob, was more Schmeichel ducking out of the way because he was fucking shit.

JohnWH

"Local businesswoman Michelle Harness has completed a takeover of Scunthorpe United from David Hilton.

Hilton took over in January but put the club up for sale last month and then withdrew all funding last week..

Harness worked as the club's commercial director for 15 years and was previously on the board."

Users who are viewing this thread