Match Thread Sheff Utd v Coventry Match Thread - Wednesday 5th Apr (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Sheff Utd v Coventry match, tactics and predictions :)

Rory83

A draw isn't unrealistic, think the cup win could give us the confidence to man up and fight to the last for the season. Then again we could get thumped and the game be over by half time.

Will tickets be available on the turnstiles?

Sky Blue Harry H

Tricky re: team selection. Not sure whether I'd put in fresh players (e.g. DKE) or ask those who played Sunday to turn out again. Because I'd had a shandy (or two), I've not yet found out whether Reilly had a knock (not on the bench?), but if fit I might have wanted a bit of his grit against Mr Fleck. Great to get a result (although not expecting one), but would be nice to keep some momentum going (albeit we all know we're going down, even if we win 5 of the last 6). Regardless, nothing can dent my warm rosy glow on this fine sunny morning!!

Bugsy

The greatest of escapes is on...PUSB

rob9872

Saw a few "SISU in" posts after yesterday and quotes that we hadn't sold our allocation on Weds. Rapidly becoming my most hated side (even more so than Sunderland!). I think those couple of points we threw away at the Ricoh with the stop/start protest at the end of the match got them going on this run so they should be thanking us. Thankfully the 2 we lost even with this momentum is unlikely to have made much difference to our end fate.

CJ_covblaze

Really hope we beat them. Can't stand that lot. However it'll sum up being a Coventry City fan if within a few days of winning a trophy at Wembley they beat us and Oxford beat Fleetwood. It'll not promote them but also mean we can still get relegated on Saturday even if we win!

CJ_covblaze

Evo1883

Hoping that nerves get the better of Sheffield United. Believe if fleetwood lose at Oxford then they can get promotion is they beat us , so expect a hostile atmosphere .
We obviously need to win , I'm just not sure we will and at best can hope for a draw.
They still seem very bitter towards us in regards to the protests at the Ricoh that night , even though they still won the match , bizarre set of fans

Evo1883

So yea , just had a look at their forum , they like us a lot don't they

trevelfarandwide

Hope we sneak a scrappy, dirty win. An own goal off Fleck's pale buttocks.

Seriously, those fans of theirs need silencing, they're a gaggle of total wankers.

1-0 or 2-1 City.

OffenhamSkyBlue

At least the c*nts can't send us down. Of the 3 teams 13 pts ahead of us, only Vale are playing midweek.
Turnbull and Stokes played brilliantly Sunday, and I wonder if it is fair to bring back Clarke and Rawson (who have played well in the last few league games, and are fresher).

scottccfc

im starting to look forward to tomorrow night now, part of me says play the same team as sunday but like you say think a change at centre half is required

fernandopartridge

At least the c*nts can't send us down. Of the 3 teams 13 pts ahead of us, only Vale are playing midweek.
Turnbull and Stokes played brilliantly Sunday, and I wonder if it is fair to bring back Clarke and Rawson (who have played well in the last few league games, and are fresher).

I imagine he'll take Stokes out, he's still working his way back to fitness (haven't we missed him).

Fergusons_Beard

Also we are 2-0 in Wembley finals and they are 0-5!

They've been to Wembley 5 times and been beaten 5 times!

Honestly cautiously optimistic about this one.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Robins will defo mix it up.

Reason and Clarke to come in.

He'll start with Stokes (Who was excellent on Sunday) at Left back and possibly Willis at Right back-if fit.

Burger will keep his place as will Bevon, Bigi and George.

I can see Folvili getting a run out-as nothing more terrifying than pace.

Draw really not good enough-so hopefully Robins all out for win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Team is going to depend on how the players are feeling post final. Which only the club staff know really.

Considering Clarke and Rawson aren't here next year I'd be tempted to keep with the side, barring injuries.

covcity4life

i think fatigue might play a part. i expect 3-4 changes.

maybe reilly for stevenson
clarke and rawson back in

Liquid Gold

Stokes won't play again, wouldn't risk his recovery. In fact I'd lock him in a cupboard with a 10 year contract and a pen.

CJ_covblaze

14-1 at Betfair. They're about 2-7 or 4-15

Rory83

I'lloyd be there, it's a local game for me so no excuse not to. I'm getting quietly confident about this one. Think we might just prove we are a better side than our season says we are.

Users who are viewing this thread