Sheffield United Discussion. (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

Going up to this one (nothing to do with the fact my girlfriends offered to pay, honest! haha) - the train's pretty good so leaving in 20 minutes or so.

Not been Bramall Lane so it's another to tick of the list.

Meaningless games mean i won't be dissapointed. :D

On another note, LOVELY WEATHER.

skyblueprincess

I think we might have a chance at a win ... ima gonna say 1-0 to us !!! Come on boys

P.U.S.B

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
What was the game like today for any sky blues fans that went? I've been to most away games this season but it's a bit expensive to go now seeing as we have nothing to play for but as a ST holder I'll still be at the last 2 home games. Were we unlucky not to get something or were we lucky to lose by just 1 goal?

:confused:

CovInEssex

We matched them. Slight improvement i felt (compared to Reading) the only problem being we were AWFUL in front of goal.

For example, we had an indirect free-kick...6 yards out? and where did it go? into the top tier of our stand. Brilliant. Just Brilliant.

So, for the 10th pre-season running, we will need a goalscorer. that can produce 20 goals a season.

Lord_Nampil

Hello, I'm a new member and thought id use my first post on the Sheff utd Thread!

I thought we were unlucky yesterday, the difference between the two teams was that sheff utd took their chance when they were gifted it! Apart from that we were rarely troubled!

Once Coleman changed the formation we looked the better side, the only downside was that we couldn't get any kind of shot on target!

I do think Coleman should have started Mcindoe and Eastwood; we looked 100% more confident when they were on the pitch! Also Leon Barnett was by Far the best player on the pitch yesterday winning everything in the air against the Sheff Utd forwards!

As Eastwood is currently the only striker we have on contract we need replacements for Best, McKenzie and Simpson need to be addressed that saying Morrison signs a new contract.

All in all with Mcindoe and Eastwood returning I think we will get some positive results in the last 3 games hopefully putting a smile on the faces of the players for pre season!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I agree that McIndoes return could have a positive affect.Some fans seem to think that he shouldnt be in the starting 11 week in week out,but hes one of those players who just gets on with it and doesnt get noticed much.But take him out of the team and you notice,im not saying hes a world beater,but just a consistant steady peformer and he would have started satuday if he was 100% fit.As for Eastwood,surely hes now got to go down as a flop and at 1million + an expensive one.Its a shame because hes got it in his locker,but i cant see his return changing much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick

Administrator
I don't think Eastwood gets that much of a chance though to be honest being on the bench most of the time.

When he did get his chance a few months ago we all know what he did when he played a few games in a row. ;)

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Fair point.Also worth mentioning that when he had his decent run he was playning off Leon Best. Have to ask though why he hasnt had a decent run in the side in his prefered position,Coleman must be seeing something in training day in day out which puts him off.I dont want to slate players but i feel confident when i say that if and its a massive if,we challenge for the play offs next season,we will be doing it with Freddy having the same in and out role hes had the last few years,he will never be good enough to be a regular in a side pushing for promotion,but a nice option to come off the bench maybe.Strikers are a must in the summer,maybe Silvan Ebanks Blake if Wolves stay in Prem?

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't mind signing him from Wolves to be honest, he was on fire in the Championship but I can't help but think Coleman has a thing for Morrison who I agree is great at holding the ball up but not so great at scoring or scaring defenders.

We need a striker who will scare defenders and make people sit on the edge of their seat when he gets the ball!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Id certainly give Morrison another year.We just need someone to play off him and to be fair hes chipped in with a decent amount of goals considering.Ebanks-Blake would be perfect,hes probably not on huge wages either as Wolves where in the Championship when they signed him.Just wether Wolves see him as decent back up or not.There would be alot of intrested clubs though id think.

Nick

Administrator
I dont think him and Morrison would work well together up front. We need somebody to win headers up front, since Best has gone and Stead has not played whenever Westwood takes a goal kick it just comes back at us.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Sign Iwelumu aswell!!!! Theres more chance of him coming to be honest.

CovInEssex

Wolves are proper knobs to us though.

Remember the saga for Eastwood and the £500,000 they wanted to loan Sam Vokes.

Good shout though!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I think Eastwood would definately score more goals if he played upfront alongside a target man who wins a lot of headers. I think Stead would be perfect apart from the fact he doesn't like to head the ball (his own admission) so that's why that one won't work. If we played Eastwood with Best more while we had the chance I think Eastwood would have been on fire. We spent £1mill on Eastwood so I think that makes him our most expensive purchase in the side at the moment so why didn't we get the right strike partner to compliment him? I think Morrison has been one of our best players so far in 2010 but him and Eastwood just aren't a good strike pairing in my opinion. Anyone know who Eastwood's main strike partner was when he was at Southend? Would be interesting to see if he was in the mould of a big 6ft4 centre forward cause that's what I'd put my money on. It's the same with David Healy, he scored goals for Northern Ireland playing alongside a big striker and didn't carry that into his club football, and I'm guessing it was because he didn't have the right partnership. Sign someone to win headers and put him next to Eastwood and I reckon he could be a 15 goal a season striker at least which is better then what we usually have.

CovInEssex

Eastwood would score a bag of goals in a team that gives him decent delivery, West Brom for example.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Maybe Wolves know they can take advantage of us,bet they couldnt beleive there luck when they got there money back on Eastwood.What was it 1.2million pounds.Thats after 3 goals in 30/40 apps.
One things for sure is that we woud only get a minimal fee for him now.I hope your right though,maybe he just needs the right man to play off,its been along time now though.And why wasnt the Best/Eastwood partnership used more When we had Best.As i said earlier,there must be something putting Coleman off.

YousefChippo

one thing that i challenge any coleman lover to deny is he cant get the best out of his strikers, eastwood needs to be sold,just get rid!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Your probably right,him along with a few others.Theres a few who we need to move on who are not good enough for a team hopefully challenging for a play-off spot next season.Still cant believe Wolves got there money back for him off us! There wouldnt be much if any intrest even if he is put up for grabs though,so he will be with us until at least the end of his contract.You never know,he might suprise us all.

Users who are viewing this thread