sheffield united match (1 Viewer)

covmark

IMO buying a ticket then walking out as a protest against the very people whose funds you've just donated to, is plain daft.

Live screening at the Ricoh in front of 10,000, Sky cameras frequently switching to the real fans.

Now that would be some statement.
haha live screening at the Ricoh, what a crap idea. What makes you think sky would send their cameras anyway. They don't give a shit

Nick

Administrator
But they can Nick.. they were featured behind the shoulder of Sky's Presentation team the other week, unless Sky are made to change the camera angles to exclude them.

Yes over the shoulder, they will be showing the game won't they so won't be seen. If all the fans get him up and go or do something it will be :D

James Smith

Yes over the shoulder, they will be showing the game won't they so won't be seen. If all the fans get him up and go or do something it will be :D

Sky will send a camera to the hill or at the very least show a fair few cutaways of the fans up there in the pre match build up. They like things to break up the talking heads in the studio and what could be better than a fans protest to do just that. More on the hill than inside Sixfields would in my opinion be a very good message to send.

The 'danger' is once you have paid and enter Sixfields the psychological barrier is broken and you'll find it easier to go in next time. Also you might stay a little longer than you planned to do as a protest, just to watch this attack etc. and then find you're still there at the final whistle.

Nick

Administrator
Stuff in the build up won't grab attention though I don't think, has to be in the game. Most pubs don't even put it on until before kick off

James Smith

Stuff in the build up won't grab attention though I don't think, has to be in the game. Most pubs don't even put it on until before kick off
Fireworks from the hill every time we score?

skybluefred

All be united as long as they come out on the hill? Surely it would look better to have a full house that then emptied?

A full house would give sisu desperately needed revenue, and would only serve to prolong our stay at the cobblers excuse
for a stadium.

torchomatic

I agree, for this one day we should all be united and show the World we are genuine supporters. Those who go into Sixfields walk out at a set time in second half and leave an empty stadium. The few who stay will be confirmed as those who support the move.
Everyone on the Hill for last 20 mins.

We should be united you say then slate those that won't walk out. Arse.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

torchomatic

1000+ on the hill and a 1000+ walking out can't be ignored by anyone.

Probably. It will never happen though.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

simple_simon

Go on the hill.
Those who cannot resist going inside, do so and all leave at a set time in second half, everyone watches rest of game from hill.
Am empty stadium will get national media.

Nick

Administrator
I love all this "we should be united" shit, united means "all fans should stand on the hill and agree with us".

If we ever did get back to the Ricoh, the self importance and back patting would be cringeworthy. Michael is already taking credit for everything and that in its self puts me off going to the hill.

TurkeyTrot

I love all this "we should be united" shit, united means "all fans should stand on the hill and agree with us".

If we ever did get back to the Ricoh, the self importance and back patting would be cringeworthy. Michael is already taking credit for everything and that in its self puts me off going to the hill.

What do you mean nick? About michael.

torchomatic

Why not?
I remember the first post on here about the march, one of the first replies was one man and his dog will be there.

That was in Cov. That was when the Trust were telling people to boycott games at Northampton. Now they go themselves to watch for free.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

torchomatic

he means the recent facebook post, that claimed a victory for Kcic, because JS spoke to the media.
Is a joke tbh

And the brilliant boycott of sixfields by 9000. They took credit for that too.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Nick

Administrator

I mean this:

Be 100% clear that Seppala's pr charm offensive this week is cos kcic tactics have been a brilliant success.

and

This is a war of attrition but the summer campaign has been a 100% success.

Nothing personal but it is dreamland stuff. It is all this press release stuff where it over bigs things up, like this:

Poll conducted by Michael Orton, a researcher at the University Of Warwick, finds a third will continue to boycott games until there is a change of ownership

Then when SISU speak, it is just spin.

It is all of this PR / ego stuff that is off putting sometimes, whether it is Michael or somebody else doing it. Why do fans moan about SISU / ACL bullshitting the fans yet bullshit the fans themselves?

MichaelCCFC

TT - you'll find that things being made up about you on here is an occupational hazard eg the pr re fans' views was published widely and then the CT edited as they wanted, including putting the bit in about my job - but hey, facts are boring when you can just insult people! Having said that, some of the crap you'll receive is quite entertaining. This is 'Andrew Scarlett's' latest comment on the facebook page -"scraping the barrel, scraping the barrel tonite. You know how the old music hall ditty goes. Keep clutching at those straws, you cannot defeat Otium and the ever increasing number of Sky Blues fans who are starting to flock to the sizzling sixfields. Les Reid comprehensively destroys your arguments, Stuart Linell MBE controls the airwaves, superfans like Kevin Monks and Patricia Raybold attend our home matches, as do other influential and intelligent supporters like GMK fansite's Nigel Eccles and the leading light in London Mr Jonothan Strange. Only a matter of time before the white flags are flying from Earl Street. You have lost. Surrender gracefully Mr Orton." lol!

covmark

TT - you'll find that things being made up about you on here is an occupational hazard eg the pr re fans' views was published widely and then the CT edited as they wanted, including putting the bit in about my job - but hey, facts are boring when you can just insult people! Having said that, some of the crap you'll receive is quite entertaining. This is 'Andrew Scarlett's' latest comment on the facebook page -"scraping the barrel, scraping the barrel tonite. You know how the old music hall ditty goes. Keep clutching at those straws, you cannot defeat Otium and the ever increasing number of Sky Blues fans who are starting to flock to the sizzling sixfields. Les Reid comprehensively destroys your arguments, Stuart Linell MBE controls the airwaves, superfans like Kevin Monks and Patricia Raybold attend our home matches, as do other influential and intelligent supporters like GMK fansite's Nigel Eccles and the leading light in London Mr Jonothan Strange. Only a matter of time before the white flags are flying from Earl Street. You have lost. Surrender gracefully Mr Orton." lol!
whoever wrote that is obviously a grade A bellend, but come on Michael it's a little rich to be claiming Kcic victories regarding the 9000 that are boycotting and the JS interviews isn't it?

Nick

Administrator

I didn't make anything up, I quoted it

ohitsaidwalker king power

Hi Michael- can you clarify a point on this thread about the hill protest- I asked at post 86.. you can probably pick up the jist?
Thanks
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/37462-Should-I-go-or-not/page9

i started this thread for ccfc fans to protest how they felt they could and wanted to protest. not so another way is better than this way and this way is better than that way.

do what you gotta do, only for the mass walkout that needs organising.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread