Sheff's best position (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Anyone else want to see Sheff playing up front with Nimely? Always seems to play better in attack than he does when playing wide left or at the tip of the diamond.

If he plays up front we can have a midfield 4 of Deegan, Norwood, Bigi and Bell.

Thought?

wingy

Anyone else want to see Sheff playing up front with Nimely? Always seems to play better in attack than he does when playing wide left or at the tip of the diamond.

If he plays up front we can have a midfield 4 of Deegan, Norwood, Bigi and Bell.

Thought?
Wheres Thomas ,or clingan Bigi's out of it for his own benefit ,barring injuries.I don't Doubt that sheffers is more effective up front But we have to have aerial presence within the team at both ends ,I know its not popular but for that to happen you'd have to stick Nimely wide ,he has yet to prove he's a natural finisher and is extremely effective in the Channels.

Nick

Administrator
After yesterday and Forest I would say on the bench.

It would be interesting to see both him (or McDonald) and Nimely playing off Platt up front though.

I wouldn't play him and Nimely up front as we need Platt there with the way we are playing and I wouldn't put Nimely out wide as he holds the ball up a lot better than McSheffrey.

OyJimmy

He looked uninterested on the wing yesterday but looks like our best striker when played up front. Personally I think we should drop Platt and give Mcsheffrey and Nimeley the striker positions. They also seemed to have a partnership going when the play together. Neither play well alongside Platt.

stupot07

he didn't particularly get into the game but I wouldn't say he didn't loom interested. He was making some good runs off the ball, particularly trying to gamble off platt.

OyJimmy

Sorry OJ platt is integral to our current style and carrying it out very well .

I know where your coming from but in the same we looked better when we replace Jukebox with Nimely I think we'd look better replacing Platt with Mcsheffrey. Simply put Mcsheffrey's record in front of goal is much better and he looks good alongside Nimely. I think this showed strongly in Nimelys second game for us when Sheffers played up front.

It would also help the midfield as we could then try adding some more pace down the wing.

One thing is for sure we can't afford to drop Mcsheffrey to the bench simply because he scores goals.

pusbccfc

Bigi is playing for the U18s again.

Sheffers DOES prefer to play the central strikers role - he always makes runs down the channels in this position and does indeed put the ball away more frequently than our current forwards.

PUSB

Thought?

Dont think that would work for us IMO. We need somebody to flock on, hold up etc. He is better just behind the strikers for me or cutting in from the left.

Grendel

To be fair in the first half he was OK and always worked hard enough. McSheffery has played for many managers and none of them have played him as a centre forward for any period of time. They can't all be wrong.

Look at Nimeley for a little guy he can play with his back to goal against defenders, hold the ball, lay off to others etc.

McSheffrey can do none of this really and he is not really alert to what is on around him. At his best with pace he was a handful. In truth his best days are gone but he is a natural finisher and will always score some goals.

Disorganised1

McSheffrey also provided the only effective crosses on Saturday - in truth both sides were dire - but they were worse than us and we deserved the points. Platt won everything in the air, if there was anyone who could cross a ball in the team he'd score more. Nimely - he'sin a different world to the rest of the team - real class.

You could see the hesitance in the youngsters, the fear of being the one to make the mistake, not going too far forward in case you can't get back. Jordan Clark looked a different player from the youngster who scored against Barnsley 18 months ago - and yes I know he was a sub then.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Bigi is playing for the U18s again.

Yes he is and from what I saw on Saturday is well out of form. Shouldnt be anywhere near the first team at the moment. But the U18's in total were second best against Leicester losing 4 nil

Users who are viewing this thread