Shit Coventry players (1 Viewer)

DionDublinsJockstrap

He scored more than McNulty.

My vote for worst goes to Kyle Lightbourne. Calling him a headless chicken would be an insult to the chicken.
Reminds of the entry in the hall of shame

"We needed a tall target. Would have been better off buying a lamppost"

fernandopartridge

The worst ones are the expensive signings who came to nothing, most recent example being Eastwood who was dreadful considering we paid £1.2m for him, highest fee for years.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
The worst ones are the expensive signings who came to nothing, most recent example being Eastwood who was dreadful considering we paid £1.2m for him, highest fee for years.

We soon learnt our lesson though, right? Have we paid so much for anyone else since? Maybe his signing wasn't all that bad after all ;)

fernandopartridge

Surprised nobody's mentioned monsieur Bellamy...that gobby little tart had zero strength on the ball, average pace and a shot as tame as a wet fart. £6mil? Pffffft.
Signed a year too early. He wasn't as developed as Keane and had just recovered from a serious injury. Would have been worth the £6m a year later. Also we were over reliant on him replacing that goals of Keane and McAllister. Looking back now I don't think he was anywhere near that bad.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Otis

Obviously Vincenti and Biamou.

Anyone else we have already dismissed thus far this early into the campaign?

mechaishida

Signed a year too early. He wasn't as developed as Keane and had just recovered from a serious injury. Would have been worth the £6m a year later. Also we were over reliant on him replacing that goals of Keane and McAllister. Looking back now I don't think he was anywhere near that bad.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Purely on his tenure for us, he was probably singled out for too much responsibility, however he was usually wretched performance-wise. Richardson was key in signing him, and yes he shouldn't have, but then Strachan was playing hoofball up to him when Roussel was gone haha.

Logic should have prevailed and he should never have been signed, so I'd go along with your comments.

Anyone mentioned Andy "where's the ball" Pearce yet? He's worth mentioning, and not just for THAT own goal. I'm sure he was Stuart Pearce's blind twin brother, on reflection.

oucho

Fuck me, 44 posts and nobody has mentioned the screamingly bloody obvious....Roy O'Donovan.

You're welcome. Close thread.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I'm prepared to put my head on the line and say I'm convinced McNulty will come good and get at least 10-15 goals this season.

Whilst he's missed several gilt edge chances, he hasn't shied away and keeps putting himself in the right places and linking up well. He's scored a lot of goals in the past and im sure once he gets his next he'll go on to start hitting the net regularly.

Glad I put my head on the line - always knew McNulty had it in him!!

no_loyalty

Add Frank Nouble to the list, just because he's a c**t

Mcbean

The internet is not big enough to support this thread - the many not the few fortunately have passed through the footballing spectrum - i am always amazed by how many players have had some sort of connection at City - but that Belgium bloke ( not Reggie ) was just pure tosh

wingy

The internet is not big enough to support this thread - the many not the few fortunately have passed through the footballing spectrum - i am always amazed by how many players have had some sort of connection at City - but that Belgium bloke ( not Reggie ) was just pure tosh
Delorge.

Joy Division

Regis Genaux? It didn't work out for him here but he was far from being a shit player for us compared to the dross we have seen over the years.

Joy Division

Phillipe Clement??

Nothing too wrong with him either, just didn't get a look in with McAllister on Boetang playing for us that season. I remember seeing Sam Shilton trudging his way down the wing for us that season too, looked way out of his depth.

Terry_dactyl

For me the shittest players were ones that got regular ‘game time’. With that in mind, please step forward Paul Edwards, Julian Darby, and Sean Flynn.
Special mention to Kevin Macdonald. He may have been a wonderful footballer but he couldn’t run by the time we got him. This didn’t stop him lining up on the wing in one game.

I’m also willing to accept that all players mentioned here might actually excel in our current squad.

Joy Division

Went on to have a long career in Serie A didn’t he? With Udinese I believe.

He did indeed move to Udinese, a decent Belgium international but I think a bad injury cut short his career. He sadly passed away 10 years ago aged just 35.

runner

Can't see his name mentioned but after so many posts ... amazed he hasn't ... Kevin Kyle ... or Eeyore for short !

Users who are viewing this thread