Should drugs be legalised? (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Apologies, hit post too soon. No, it isn't legal in coffee shops either. It is tolerated.
Ah okay that's interesting to know. So do the police, ignore it/let it slide, as long as they don't go into hardcore drugs?

Sick Boy

Ah okay that's interesting to know. So do the police, ignore it/let it slide, as long as they don't go into hardcore drugs?

Yes, hard drugs are not tolerated whatsoever in the coffee shops. As far as I know it is illegal for the coffee shops to buy it, but I think that is going to change at some point in the future.

skybluegod

Yes, hard drugs are not tolerated whatsoever in the coffee shops. As far as I know it is illegal for the coffee shops to buy it, but I think that is going to change at some point in the future.

Ah that's interesting actually, learn something new everyday

vow

Yes. Although I personally go pubs for the social aspect as much as the drink. Anybody who prefers sitting in drinking a slab of Carling as it's cheaper than going the pub probably ain't much company.
31930129.jpg

vow

Has all day drinking led to an increase in alcoholism? I think it's actually led to the downfall of many pubs tbh.
I believe the smoking ban was certainly the downfall of many pubs a while ago, not sure about now though, apart from the tax/duty on beer.

Captain Dart

Yes. Although I personally go pubs for the social aspect as much as the drink. Anybody who prefers sitting in drinking a slab of Carling as it's cheaper than going the pub probably ain't much company.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The clear disparity between pub and supermarket prices matters. Who says people are drinking alone (any more than historical norms)?

fernandopartridge

The clear disparity between pub and supermarket prices matters. Who says people are drinking alone (any more than historical norms)?
I agree on the pricing. Personally think pubs selling alcohol is better for social wellbeing than supermarkets and think duty on alcohol sold in supermarkets should thus be significantly higher.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Otis

Drugs should definitely be made legal.

Would be all the easier then to slip the half a kilo of coke and heroine into my missus' Russian salad.

skybluedan

I don't care if it's illegal or not and never will , I do what I want when I want , if I want a pint then I'll have a pint if I want a blunt then I'll have a blunt , I don't care about anyone's views On drink or drugs , life's to much of a c**t to worry about what people say is wrong or right , just does not concern me one bit

Kingokings204

For me, I go with evidence and studies.

The law states drug use is illegal and that's that. Alcohol is a drug and is legal. What's legal and not legal is there to be abided by. Laws can change but until they do then you follow what they are.

If enough evidence in the future says we need certain drugs legalizing then great but as it stands that's not the case.

I've never done a drug other than alcohol on my life and have no need to. I'm not fussed either way but laws are laws.

Fwiw I actually think alcohol should be either against the law or increased in tax. The evidence shows you alcohol related illness and crime is very high so if that's the case make us pay for it and make a normal £6 a bottle of wine £20. Same with cigarettes £20 a pack and tax the shit out of them. Give the extra tax to the nhs and police.

Sick Boy

The law states drug use is illegal and that's that. Alcohol is a drug and is legal. What's legal and not legal is there to be abided by. Laws can change but until they do then you follow what they are.

If enough evidence in the future says we need certain drugs legalizing then great but as it stands that's not the case.

I've never done a drug other than alcohol on my life and have no need to. I'm not fussed either way but laws are laws.

Fwiw I actually think alcohol should be either against the law or increased in tax. The evidence shows you alcohol related illness and crime is very high so if that's the case make us pay for it and make a normal £6 a bottle of wine £20. Same with cigarettes £20 a pack and tax the shit out of them. Give the extra tax to the nhs and police.

Fair enough. I've smoked cannabis in the past and always found it much less harmful compared to drinking alcohol, but don't think it is harmless if abused.

Otis

If alcohol didn't exist and was introduced now it would be banned wouldn't it? Is that a fair assumption?

Kingokings204

If alcohol didn't exist and was introduced now it would be banned wouldn't it? Is that a fair assumption?

Yes the cost to nhs is too much and I've heard alcohol related illness can cripple the nhs alone. That can't be right and I like a good drink.

Users who are viewing this thread