Should pressley be sacked now

• Yes

Votes: 195 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 46 19.1%

• Total voters

Evo1883

no options needed other than yes or no
please everybody that reads PLEASE VOTE as we can get a proper poll with decent numbers be nice to get over 2-300 votes
if we get good numbers voting il hand it over to the telegraph or simon see if they will publish fans feelings

Last edited:

italiahorse

Agree, but it's like shooting the monkey when it's the "Organ Grinder" who's pulling the strings?!?!

I tend to go along with that, but I think he gets personal problems with players and can't manage them.
IMHO if they don't agree with him he offloads them even though we don't have cover.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Not that I particularly like Elvis, I voted "no" quite simply because I'm being realistic and I don't believe there's anyone who will replace him. Never a good time to sack a manager - mid season. If a new manager was to come in, then he would not have the time to re-adjust the team to his liking, with matches going on week in, week out.
Just my opinion (but then, I'm no tactician!)

BrisbaneBronco

No Pressley should not be sacked. In the eyes of the people who pay his wages, he is doing a good job. I am sure that what they want is to remain in league one and work to a budget which means that they no longer have to invest in the club, and it supports itself. Whilst I want the club to succeed, this will not happen under SISU. Pressley should go if/when we get new owners with ambition and money to invest. Until then, whats the point. Sir Alex would struggle with this lot.

HighfieldRoader

Not a great fan of how sacking managers seem to always be the answer. But with the squad we have we should be nearer the top of the league than the bottom. Would sacking the manager really help? Well looking at the dramatic effect a new manager seems to have on teams these days (Gary Rowett, Kit Symons and Neil Lennon for example) it's a yes from me.

Evo1883

Il send it to simon via twitter and the telegraph by twitter email , need everybody to vote though

D

direstraights

He should go, infact if he had any professional respect for his managerial performances he should resign. Tinkered with a team which got a decent result at Walsall, changed three defenders when the young defence at Walsall did well. Pennington, who Everton have as a central defender prospect had an outstanding game v Walsall as did Willis so why change ? Old head Joe Royle was watching from the stands and he would improve us overnight and with the same squad. Pressley cannot put a team together, admitted on the radio they didn't implement his high intensity plan, whatever that is, despire working on it for a week, what does that tell you.

Otis

Yep.

I have always voted no previously and backed him and said let's see where we are just after Christmas.

Well, here we are and we are still a mess of a side.

Has to be yes I'm afraid.

stupot07

Yep.

I have always voted no previously and backed him and said let's see where we are just after Christmas.

Ditto. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

hill83

Sir Alex would struggle with this lot.

Bill-Hader-Laughing.gif

LB87ccfc

It is a sorry state of affairs, and I have backed him previously, but enough is enough, you can argue hes had his best players taken away, but we have still put what should be a competitive side together, although any experienced manager could see our midfield is piss poor and fleck needs someone half decent next to him.

I vote yes but can he also take transfer dictator Waggott with him and useless shit love child Webster.

Kingokings204

Should be sacked? I'm still undecided.

On one hand he is still winning football matches and he has signed a 4 year contract and we should back him. He is our manager and we want ccfc to do well. He isn't exactly helped by our owners with the off field stuff, transfer embargo when first came here and points deductions left right and centre. Selling our best players. It's an endless list tbf to SP.

On the other hand he looks to me as well as other tactically inept and completely out of his depth. Last night was one of many examples you could pick where he looked clueless and cost us a real chance of having a go in the game. Swindon shouldn't be coming here with their players and budget and rolling us over 0-3 away from home and never in danger. Result was done after 7 minutes.

If I had to stick my neck on the line then I would get rid of him.

zigojacko

No Pressley should not be sacked. In the eyes of the people who pay his wages, he is doing a good job. I am sure that what they want is to remain in league one and work to a budget which means that they no longer have to invest in the club, and it supports itself. Whilst I want the club to succeed, this will not happen under SISU. Pressley should go if/when we get new owners with ambition and money to invest. Until then, whats the point. Sir Alex would struggle with this lot.

The poll wasn't "in the eyes of the people that pay his wages, should Pressley be sacked?"...

Even with the limited resources and support SP may have, with what he DOES have to work with, he is getting it very wrong. Poor signings, poor judgement, poor scouting, poor tactics, playing players out of position, picking the wrong players, poor formation, no consistency.

What has Pressley got so right that should keep his job?

We can all accept blips but we're into the second half of this season now and everything is a mess, no rhythm, players still not performing. We've an open transfer window currently, what are we doing? Anything? No, of course not, we'll wait until all the bargains and most promising talent are snapped up so we can dip into the loanee offcasts market!

Last edited:

zigojacko

Yep.

Same with me, I have backed him all season but honestly, I've lost all faith in his ability to manage and run the team now. Last night was diabolical but it wasn't the first time this season, it won't be the last either.

Smudge1987

The poll wasn't "in the eyes of the people that pay his wages, should Pressley be sacked?"...

Even with the limited resources and support SP may have, with what he DOES have to work with, he is getting it very wrong. Poor signings, poor judgement, poor scouting, poor tactics, playing players out of position, picking the wrong players, poor formation, no consistency.

What has Pressley got so right that should keep his job?

We can accept all blips but we're into the second half of this season now and everything is a mess, no rhythm, players still not performing. We've an open transfer window currently, what are we doing? Anything? No, of course not, we'll wait until all the bargains and most promising talent are snapped up so we can dip into the loanee offcasts market!

Like Fabian Brandy, we should be signing players like him, this is his level and he can play out wide or up top yet he sign for...........Rochdale!

zigojacko

Like Fabian Brandy, we should be signing players like him, this is his level and he can play out wide or up top yet he sign for...........Rochdale!

Yes, that's just one example of many... Our scouts are either clueless or not scouting at all!

Notice that Sylvain Ebanks-Blake was a free agent and snapped up in the last week.

Paxman II

Yep.

I think for me it was all about the Jan transfer window and the effects of that. I want to support him, I really do but the team he sent out last night was wrong in my opinion, so I'll give him to the end of the month. Not sure he has done himself any favours with his team selections which seems to me to put confusion into the heads of his squad? And changing formation mid games does not help either.

Noggin

I still maintain we don't have the information to know if he deserves to go or not, the only people who do have this info work at the club and gave him a 4 year contract. Sisu have to go, when they go a new owner will immediately have the information on pressley's resources and can then make an informed choice to fire should it be the right choice. we have no resources, sacking Pressley just means even less for the next manager. I see no way anyone succeeds.

Of course if Pressley does believe what he says in post match interviews, if he is one making all the hiring and firing decisions, if he is the person behind the bomb squad, if he really has been backed by sisu rather than having to pick up whatever he can get then yeah he deserves to go, but to me the evidence suggests everything he does is because of a pathetic amount of resources but I could be wrong.

Nick

Administrator
I still maintain we don't have the information to know if he deserves to go or not, the only people who do have this info work at the club and gave him a 4 year contract. Sisu have to go, when they go a new owner will immediately have the information on pressley's resources and can then make an informed choice to fire should it be the right choice. we have no resources, sacking Pressley just means even less for the next manager. I see no way anyone succeeds.

Of course if Pressley does believe what he says in post match interviews, if he is one making all the hiring and firing decisions, if he is the person behind the bomb squad, if he really has been backed by sisu rather than having to pick up whatever he can get then yeah he deserves to go, but to me the evidence suggests everything he does is because of a pathetic amount of resources but I could be wrong.
What information do you need?

Sick Boy

Not that I particularly like Elvis, I voted "no" quite simply because I'm being realistic and I don't believe there's anyone who will replace him. Never a good time to sack a manager - mid season. If a new manager was to come in, then he would not have the time to re-adjust the team to his liking, with matches going on week in, week out.
Just my opinion (but then, I'm no tactician!)

The same was said about Thorn and look what happened.

jimmyhillsfanclub

My nan could get more out of that team.....and she's been dead for years.

Time to go SP.....your record over the last 12 months is terrible. Enough is enough.

matesx

his team, his tactics, his plan, his motivation and man management

taxi for Pressley

Noggin

What information do you need?

The actual resources he has at his disposal when recruiting players and how that compares to other clubs. The players he let go and bombed out, his choice? Weather he actually believes the team were terrific or thats his way of supporting the players in public.

People make judgements on way to little information and boil much more complex things into silly simple statements.

We don't even know if we pay a percentage of our loans wages, if we want them for free and another club offers 2k a week then we get the dregs and people who have to go home to play for their youth team.

skysblue

Yes. only win when side it picks it self through injurys etc soon as pressley has selection we loose! Dreadful Manager get rid.

Users who are viewing this thread