Shrewsbury Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

Burton, last 7 games, won 3, drawn 2 lost 2.

Not bad at all and they have maintained top place.

So many on here were saying they would drop out and end up in the play-offs didn't they!
I think last time we had the conversation about Burton they were something like 11 clear of 3rd.

They are now 9 points clear of 3rd. So where is the collapse and fall away?

They are still doing enough to be top 2 and are in fact still top.

shmmeee

So is saying Mowbray going will improve performances and the team.

I don't get this short-term blinkers that most City fans seem to have. Going back to preseason - I would have taken this position at this stage of the season, and so would have many City fans. Yet, the early success has gone to heads and anything lower than 6th is now grounds for dismissal. Have people forgotten so quickly all the relegation fights we've had to suffer?

But I'm not making excuses for poor performances.

If we end up bottom half after the last game of the season, it doesn't much matter where we are beforehand.

And as others have said, it's not Mowbray's first offence. The man obviously hasn't learned how to stop his teams dropping like stones so what's the point?

Nick

Administrator
Still don't get why he brings Henderson on and we don't play to his advantages? Him and Fortune up front, we should be putting the ball in the box as much as we can.

Last 5 or 6 minutes throw Martin in there too and just put it in the box every time we can.

rondog1973

Under normal circumstances would think it propostrous to want the manager sacked after 4 on the spin defeats with a team in 8th position, but surely Mowbray must realise what a dickhead he is for letting O'Brien go. We desperately need a player who plays with the bit between his teeth. Granted he wanted away, but Mowbray should have told him he needed all his best players for the promotion push and he would grant him his wish to move when the season ends.

Common knowledge Mowbray has previous in nosediving promotion campaigns and I think the new manager bump could salvage play off ambitions.

Otis

If we end up bottom half after the last game of the season, it doesn't much matter where we are beforehand.

And as others have said, it's not Mowbray's first offence. The man obviously hasn't learned how to stop his teams dropping like stones so what's the point?
If he can't learn from the same mistakes then I would reckon that a large proportion of us will believe it will happen again next season.

And if it does, what if this time we are NOT 11 points clear of 7th and are further down the table.

Next season could very easily be a relegation dogfight.

6 Generations

Based on what? I don't want him sacked, but why do people think it will just change?

Aren't we just as likely to keep losing? I don't get it! Just don't get the 'we will turn it around.'

What is that based on? It's just words and wishful thinking.

My view is based purely on the fact that historically changing the manager has failed since Strachan got the chop.

It's frustrating but that game tonight sounded like we could've scored 6 and it also sounded like Mowbray listened and changed things.

Therefore hope from a drastically improved performance on the previous three games should be gleaned.

We have had a go tonight and failed in front of goal. Quality players have failed in front of goal.

The radio commentary would suggest 'he must score, but the keeper's saved' means that we constantly pressured their goal but couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Armstrong, Lameiras, Fortune, Murphy, Fleck, Henderson missed those chances, not Mowbray or Clapham.

We all know how hard it is supporting Coventry City,

As suffering Sky Blue supporters alone have to hold on to is the hope that one

day we can have a successful season.

Stick with Mowbray.

It's not over

SkyBlue_Bear83

Burton, last 7 games, won 3, drawn 2 lost 2.

Not bad at all and they have maintained top place.

So many on here were saying they would drop out and end up in the play-offs didn't they!

Burton are doing their best to bottle it but the rest of this league is so shit that they probably only need 4 more wins to finish top 2.

14 points from the last 10 is not awful but its not even play off form, they wouldn't get away with that in a normal league one season.

Johnnythespider

If he can't learn from the same mistakes then I would reckon that a large proportion of us will believe it will happen again next season.

And if it does, what if this time we are NOT 11 points clear of 7th and are further down the table.

Next season could very easily be a relegation dogfight.
I would give him until Christmas and see where we're at

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

rockdude101

We are exactly three points off matching our final standings last year. So unless we go on to lose every game from now till the end of the season (By which point I will agree and join with the protests) it is an improvement.

As for the second point - if we're simply going to resign ourselves to relegation then that's what we will achieve.

Nick

Administrator
We are exactly three points off matching our final standings last year. So unless we go on to lose every game from now till the end of the season (By which point I will agree and join with the protests) it is an improvement.

As for the second point - if we're simply going to resign ourselves to relegation then that's what we will achieve.

Is it an improvement with the squad we have?

Otis

My view is based purely on the fact that historically changing the manager has failed since Strachan got the chop.

It's frustrating but that game tonight sounded like we could've scored 6 and it also sounded like Mowbray listened and changed things.

Therefore hope from a drastically improved performance on the previous three games should be gleaned.

We have had a go tonight and failed in front of goal. Quality players have failed in front of goal.

The radio commentary would suggest 'he must score, but the keeper's saved' means that we constantly pressured their goal but couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Armstrong, Lameiras, Fortune, Murphy, Fleck, Henderson missed those chances, not Mowbray or Clapham.

We all know how hard it is supporting Coventry City,

As suffering Sky Blue supporters alone have to hold on to is the hope that one

day we can have a successful season.

Stick with Mowbray.

It's not over
Is that biased though that reporting?

I was following SSN and they were saying it was very even and end to end. At no point did they say we were dominating.

skybluedan

Tbh we are higher than I thought we would be , because we have seen the way we can play and have been at the top until recent makes it worse for me because I had been given some hope again but I'm a cov fan so always expect the worse like every season and low and behold, BUT talk of getting rid of Mowbray is shocking , look where we've been , look how he has sorted the club from the bottom up , staff , finances, I mean ffs sake to get anything out of shitsu come on. And who gives a fuck what burton are doing

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Mowbray says;

'How frustrating was that?' - kick in the teeth

Positive Signs there early on

Let a few know our defending wasn't up to scratch but rest functioned well

Looked a threat. Looked like we could score but didn't take opportunities

Have to defend and cannot concede simple goals from set pieces

Won't talk about individuals just defensive side weren't good enough

Looked like we could win football matches

Not about possession;

Thought we created chances, gave them something to cling on to naively

Been through spells like it before

Difficult to turn it round

They had a threat

Same at the Ricoh. Similar type of game

Know where we have to improve and get better

Signs today we looked potent and could score goals

(Radio cuts out)

Nick

Administrator
Are you asking that is this squad better than the one we had last year, or that this squad isn't achieving what it is realistically capable of?
I'd say yes on both.

So if the squad is better, we can't compare it to last season.

Macca

The issue is not position or points of 6th its the form. If we were where we are through season long inconsistency i would be more hopeful but we are in nearly 4 month freefall. All i can say is reda, cole,maddison and kent. They are my reasons for this. My opinion

6 Generations

Is that biased though that reporting?

I was following SSN and they were saying it was very even and end to end. At no point did they say we were dominating.

Otis, we all feel your pain but whether Clive and /or Geoff broadcast a pro- Sky blue view or not. That's irrelevant as regardless, many of our players should have scored tonight and didn't.

Our management team cannot be at fault for that.

Pezza

The form is shocking, it's actually embarrassing how many points away from the top two we find ourselves. We have one of the best squads and probably the 3rd best supported club in the division yet we find ourselves in free fall. Even if by some miracle we make the play off's I have absolutely no hope whatsoever in us winning them!

stupot07

3 wins in 17 game now, 15 points in 17 games, 4 losses in a row. This is a fucking disastrous spell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

duffer

I just don't see any reason to get rid of Mowbray myself.

Last season we would have been chuffed to bits to be anywhere near in reach of the play-offs at this point in the season. We've finally got a decent, experienced manager who wants to play football the right way, and now people want rid of him? Give the bloke a chance.

For my money, if we're going into the last few games of the season with even a thin chance of getting to the play offs, then Mowbray has done a terrific job. If we end up in mid-table obscurity, then so be it. Next season we go again.

As a reminder, I work it out that we're only three points off last season's total with eleven games still to go. To me that's significant and undeniable progress, and ditching yet another manager now would be madness imho.

Otis

Otis, we all feel your pain but whether Clive and /or Geoff broadcast a pro- Sky blue view or not. That's irrelevant as regardless, many of our players should have scored tonight and didn't.

Our management team cannot be at fault for that.
But as I just put on another thread, we have scored just 11 goals in the last 10 matches, with 6 of those coming in one single match.

5 goals in the other 9 matches. Is that just down to the players?

You can't blame Armstrong on Saturday when he was sat in the box all by himself with no support!

covmark

Last season we would have been chuffed to bits to be anywhere near in reach of the play-offs at this point in the season. We've finally got a decent, experienced manager who wants to play football the right way, and now people want rid of him? Give the bloke a chance.

For my money, if we're going into the last few games of the season with even a thin chance of getting to the play offs, then Mowbray has done a terrific job. If we end up in mid-table obscurity, then so be it. Next season we go again.

As a reminder, I work it out that we're only three points off last season's total with eleven games still to go. To me that's significant and undeniable progress, and ditching yet another manager now would be madness imho.
I usually agree on most things you post duffer. I must respectfully disagree on this however.
5 points out of 30. 3 wins in 17 is truly shocking. The manager has to go I'm afraid.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

It's okay. It's only the same clowns who were belittling Pressley as tactically clueless the other week before his team did a job on us.

H

Huckerby

This is bullshit. How long do you keep saying that for?
At the start of this horror show of a run, people were saying "we're 3rd for god sake we'd be dying for that last season". Then "we're 4th"....5th...6th...7th....it was all "we're in the playoffs". Then it was we're one spot below playoffs. Now it's great because we even have a chance of getting in the playoffs.

Next it'll be "its great to even be top half". Where does it end. Something needs to change

Users who are viewing this thread