Match Thread Shrewsbury v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 4th Mar (1 Viewer)

oucho

Slade in the league P13 W1 D4 L8

Johnnythespider

Shame we couldn't manage a winner, sounded better on the radio and a win would've given us 7 points from the last 12 available, fine margins. When we look back at the season I think the lack of goals in the team has been the killer.

steve82

And bigi?

Not been favoured has he.... his trophy games he's played his performances in that you'd not pick him really. He was terrible against Brighton u23 when I seen him.
Put down a good marker today tho so hopefully showed himself in a better light to bring him into the thinking.
It's what the team needs tho players taking there chances when given them

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Much better midfield performance today. Shows what can be done when you play two midfielders who know their way around the pitch. Then again we only seen them both through late illness and serious injured so I'm still not anywhere near thinking Slade is the right man to take us forward

Tested their keeper more than we have of late, but every save he made, he was expected to make. The only difference in him making them and him being expected to make them was his choice to parry everything and we didn't capitalise on that.

Almost lost because of a dodgy penalty call (would like to see it again).

Shame we couldn't do it for Andy, although we should want to do it just for the points and not wanting to do it for a player who now finds himself in an emergency department at a local hospital!

Gazolba

<snip> We really needed this one. For the third time in my life I have to accept relegation. <snip> I feel that this young team might be able to build something in the div below
We didn't need this one, we needed the previous three.
I doubt whether many members of this team will be here next season.
I suspect it will be a whole new squad.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oh, Andy Rose back in the ground. That seems a quick change of events considering how severe it looked?

Good if he is, but since he was taken away by a ambulance I'd be surprised if he was discharged so quick?
That's what they have just said on cwr

Sky Blue 1987

Much better midfield performance today. Shows what can be done when you play two midfielders who know their way around the pitch. Then again we only seen them both through late illness and serious injured so I'm still not anywhere near thinking Slade is the right man to take us forward

Tested their keeper more than we have of late, but every save he made, he was expected to make. The only difference in him making them and him being expected to make them was his choice to parry everything and we didn't capitalise on that.

Almost lost because of a dodgy penalty call (would like to see it again).

Shame we couldn't do it for Andy, although we should want to do it just for the points and not wanting to do it for a player who now finds himself in an emergency department at a local hospital!
Agreed sw88, good post

stevefloyd

My girl here was looking at hair dyes in the supermarket so I thougjt i would have a quick look at how we was doing... she got the hump... fucking poxy women... so now I am in a bar on my own because she has fucked off back to her room... I am now going to another bar to watch the scousers and Arsenal... fuck em

better days

My girl here was looking at hair dyes in the supermarket so I thougjt i would have a quick look at how we was doing... she got the hump... fucking poxy women... so now I am in a bar on my own because she has fucked off back to her room... I am now going to another bar to watch the scousers and Arsenal... fuck em

Haha welcome to my world

Grendel

Now is about getting ona winning run before Wembley. Just hope Slade works out this squad is designed for football not longball

Lol. First game we haven't scored in 7 isn't it?

We haven't played long ball tactics for weeks. I'm not convinced we ever did - the full backs just released the ball quicker.

I wouldn't worry about Wembley - I'm sure the players will be up for that one.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Slade:

Don't know how Rose is - waiting medical reports

Missing some equipment (that worrying?)

Out cold at one stage

Speedy recovery hopefully

He's been back but not in the training room

Got a push and clashed with own player, caught on skull

Pleased with a clean sheet

Can't build without clean sheets

Created opportunities

Great saves by their keeper

Had to settle for a draw

Never give up; have to keep going

Sometimes we do it for 45 mins or pockets. Pretty much whole of game had a decent momentum

Final decision let us down

Foley had been a little bit tight with hamstring, felt it warming up so made the change

Had the midfielders here to fill in

Bigi and Stevenson did well

Did work Friday so knew what was required

Out in terrific performances

Begs the question why Bigi hadn't appeared much before now

Asking him to play a different position

Away from home suits us

Not taking away from terrific performance by both

DKE especially is tenacious

First 10 mins we're getting over run

Ryan came out on top

Supporters absolutely great / terrific today

Huge task ahead. Important that while we can, we continue to try

SkyBlueRuffian

Best wishes to Rose, sounds like an awful injury!
my missus wouldn't dare play them games. Sort it out mate.

oucho

When was our last clean sheet in the league...Chesterfield on 1st Nov?

Users who are viewing this thread