Simon Gilbert - Click Bait (1 Viewer)

duffer

The Observer?? Fucking cat litter

Ah, always good to welcome people to the board that bring something to the debate.

Much better than those lazy, bellicose posters who spit out unintelligent, barely literate one-liners containing random swear words, and then sit there congratulating themselves on their wit and wisdom. Oh.

Moff

Ah, always good to welcome people to the board that bring something to the debate.

Much better than those lazy, bellicose posters who spit out unintelligent, barely literate one-liners containing random swear words, and then sit there congratulating themselves on their wit and wisdom. Oh.

I wasn't sure if it was a two fold statement, the first part being that they hadn't heard of the Observer and wanted to know more 'The Observer????'
and the second part was that perhaps they had either forgotten to buy the Cat Litter or had tripped over the litter tray 'Fucking Cat Litter' ;)

fernandopartridge

The Mirror Group newspapers are verbatim copying each others stories and posting them on their own websites. Numerous clicks for one story.

NB. The Manchester Evening News is unfortunately part of the Mirror Group.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

OffenhamSkyBlue

Many stories in both local and national press these days are generated by genuine investigative journalists who work for independent news agencies, and the stories get sold on. The publishing rag then puts the name of one of their "journos" to it, and doesn't even acknowledge the original source. They are a bunch of thieving scumbags.

RegTheDonk

And the reply:

Those plod aren't standing there because they've got nawt better to do. Crime doesn't stop because the scum bags feel sorry for the Manchester folks - so while the old bill are now out in numbers for reassurance, prevention and reaction - they're not investigating crime, following up on burglary reports, compiling case files etc.

You may have an "ill-informed" person, and if she feels that way it's her opinion fair enough...but to put it as a headline and part of the tweet, thats the telegraph promoting that point of view. Dress it up as much as you like that it's reporting the news, but its the CT editor trying to sensationalise it in the hope to promote sales. It's irresponsible and stirrs up anti-police feelings, just when they need all the help they can get.

Just my opinion.

dongonzalos

The headline is shite. The responses on twitter are also shite.
If I sent a tweet to the CET now saying that all a certain race of people are lazy and that's why they don't get good jobs.
I don't the CET would publish that tweet as a headline. Then defend my right to freedom of speech even though they disagree with my opinion and know it is rubbish.
They could have ran a positive story and about the police presence. They could have included this individuals ooinion as their opinion in the reaction section.
They also could have done some digging (investigation) into why someone feels that the don't show a presence on a daily basis. It might have something to do with the fact 22,000 of them have been cut nationally.

Users who are viewing this thread