Sir John Sillett (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Ive always bern a huge fan of Sillett.

A shrewd and clever manager, excellent scouting and tactical ability.

Should never have left the club as he did. Should have been retained in some capacity even if a new manager was to be bought in.

Probably the darkest days on this forum was when his character, mental ability and integrity were questioned in a vile and offensive way

dadgad

No one ever mentions Noel Cantwell and I agree with them, the football wasn't great to watch. It is a shame for him as he got us through the first two years in Division 1 with great escapes, got us into Europe with our highest ever finish (last time we finished top 6) and brought in some great players, Martin, Setters, Hunt to name a few. I think he suffered because he was the manager that followed JH.

League wise Noel Cantwell is the best manager we have ever had. Fact.
The year we qualified for Europe we won 10 on the road.

Irish Sky Blue

League wise Noel Cantwell is the best manager we have ever had. Fact.
The year we qualified for Europe we won 10 on the road.
Considering that was his first attempt at being a manager, he did really well. It was just the quality of the football that let him down, particularly his last season. I think falling attendances, a couple sub 20k, finally did for him. A shame that no one higher up the league than Peterborough came in for him when he left here. I notice that they have a lounge in one of their stands named after Noel.

CovBurty

when I watched the recording of the MM cup final I saw Snoz sitting behind Fisher. Fisher's face was pained everytime camera focussed on tithead Fisher, I hope Snoz told Fisher he should be ashamed as to what he and Sisu have done to our club. In plain language, ' just piss off Fisher you are an idiot'. I hope Snoz told him straight.

NortonSkyBlue

when I watched the recording of the MM cup final I saw Snoz sitting behind Fisher. Fisher's face was pained everytime camera focussed on tithead Fisher, I hope Snoz told Fisher he should be ashamed as to what he and Sisu have done to our club. In plain language, ' just piss off Fisher you are an idiot'. I hope Snoz told him straight.
What a waste of air you are.
Do you really expect John Sillett, an elderly gentleman, to exhibit your lack of class?
By the way it may well be a MM cup to you but for those of us who could offer their support it was memorable day and a respite to the bile spouted by NOPM and those using that message to forsake the club.

CovBurty

What a waste of air you are.
Do you really expect John Sillett, an elderly gentleman, to exhibit your lack of class?
By the way it may well be a MM cup to you but for those of us who could offer their support it was memorable day and a respite to the bile spouted by NOPM and those using that message to forsake the club.
missed opportunity if he didnt

clarriebourton

Friend of my mother is a guy called Gordon Simms who played one game for the Sky Blues in the 50s. Couldn't believe my ears when he was announced onto the pitch a few years ago. When I next met him I asked him without being rude what constituted a legend. Sorry to be the purveyor of bad news but there are two criteria. At least one first team appearance and a £50 membership fee

There is no membership fee for CCFPA. The only qualification is to have made one first team appearance for the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread