SISU / Anderson (3 Viewers)

Hobo

I think anderson implied it had gone down - the only reason i can think of for using the word 'similar' there are lots on here who must know because last year they knew our budget was 8th best in the league which implies that they must know every teams budget - either that or they are bullshitters. Ticking along at break even isnt a good way of running a business - businesses require investment to grow and the owners should do something to improve turnover. I think we can see where continual budget cuts lead - income reduces, the team gets worse, the number of customers reduces and you can repeat this until the business no longer exists because your customers have all found somewhere else to go. I assume there is actually a strategy behind this approach - maybe they hope the council will blink when CCFC is threatened with closure and that they will offer SISU something they want/demand. Im not second guessing SISU - they cant be as stupid as they appear but then again if they cant set a budget when their business is finance maybe they are.

Well I can't see anything SISU has done that doesn't suggest they are indeed very stupid. In fact I am surprised the pre match entertainment isn't them running around throwing buckets of tinsel over each other.

Yes good businesses do invest, either take a punt to boost turnover or reinvest profit to grow.

Of course they have done the first option under Coleman who bought a load of crap. They say they have now done the second option with the Wilson/Maddison money, who knows? But it is a sort of chicken and egg situation either way.

But I personally don't want them throwing money at us, because the more we owe the less chance of them selling us on to another party.

chiefdave

Yes good businesses do invest, either take a punt to boost turnover or reinvest profit to grow.
So looking at football as a business lets say SISU had 'invested' £500K in this transfer window. Two questions, how could they invest rather than gift given FFP regulations, and also how would they achieve a return on that investment?

ccfcway

It affects wages in the Championship though and there is a gulf opening up between League 1 and Championship teams. So trying to entice youngsters down to establish their careers in League 1 is difficult.

Chatting to a derby fan yesterday. He said their wage bill is around £15m.

That's about 10 times ours. That's a huge gulf

Chipfat

Struggling to see why some people are so outraged.

1 Bloke going on about our inexperienced forward line. Tudgay, Reid and Sordell have about 850 games between them if he plays them.

Some people need a reality check of the fact we are in league 1. Some of the whinging is making people look a bit silly, people aren't really engaging their brains before going off on one.

850 apps granted but only scored 140 goals between them for a forward line, its the quality that is lacking, i do agree we need to lower our expectations and understand our status currently within the game. Players we may have signed before and now turning us down, TM admitted this, we have to try to enjoy the wins or the good performances and understand the loses while trying to look at a brighter future.

I have said it for a long time that we might not want to face it but we as a club are being forced into a Crewe type model, which i'm fine with if that is what the club are trying put into place. If they are selling fans on a different strategy that is what i don't agree with and for me that is what has happened recently, TM wants Joe Cole types showing ambition, but in reality its not viable to sustain.

oldfiver

Than

Thankfully I understand how businesses work but the club still needs to set a realistic budget.......and the fact that you say mowbray and Venus agree to it......what other option is open to them. But hey thank you for the reply captain obvious.

I think you should submit your CV to Philp Green as you are so clever!
What does realistic mean? Are you really saying a "speculative" budget?
Mowbray and Venus delayed signing their contracts last year until they had a budget they could work with
Their other option is to move on to a bigger spending club - if that was their critera

skybluetony176

So looking at football as a business lets say SISU had 'invested' £500K in this transfer window. Two questions, how could they invest rather than gift given FFP regulations, and also how would they achieve a return on that investment?

I don't think they'd have to invest that much to be fair. If you look at the transfer window we were very late joining the party. Did TM miss any of his first choice targets because we couldn't stretch to covering wages over the summer when other teams could? An investment from SISU to give us the best chance of getting out of this league could be as simple as covering the summer wage bill so we can get on with business early doors and have something near our finished team available for preseason giving them the time to gel and hit the ground running. Not a luxury we have enjoyed so far this season and a gamble that if provided results would pay for itself very quickly with attendances. We might even sell a good few more season tickets of the back of a busy from the start transfer window.

Hobo

Put money into developing their own academy. Coventry University do a physiotherpy/sports degree, I can see a useful partnership there. Especially as an Academy can be split over several sites. Coventry has more facilities than just Higgs.

Last edited:

rybccfc

I think you should submit your CV to Philp Green as you are so clever!
What does realistic mean? Are you really saying a "speculative" budget?
Mowbray and Venus delayed signing their contracts last year until they had a budget they could work with
Their other option is to move on to a bigger spending club - if that was their critera

What actual point are you Trying to make that we should just settle for managers that up and do one at the first sign of a problem? Or is it that we are actually competitive with the top end of the league? Or is it just you are one of the many wind up merchants on here?

Plus I sent my cv they said I was far to over qualified lol

Please. So I sent my cv there ages ago said I was over qualified lol

sbadey

What actual point are you Trying to make that we should just settle for managers that up and do one at the first sign of a problem? Or is it that we are actually competitive with the top end of the league? Or is it just you are one of the many wind up merchants on here?

Plus I sent my cv they said I was far to over qualified lol

Please. So I sent my cv there ages ago said I was over qualified lol
Actually TM agreed the budget and signed first, Venus joined us a short while later

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread