SISU / Anderson

Discussion in 'Ricoh Row / Politics / SISU Section' started by Deity, Sep 1, 2016.

1. skybluebeduff

skybluebeduff Well-Known Member

I want a mansion with a swimming pool, I jut don't want to pay for it.
    Both shit out I guess judging by that logic.

2. Hobo

Hobo Well-Known Member

Well I can't see anything SISU has done that doesn't suggest they are indeed very stupid. In fact I am surprised the pre match entertainment isn't them running around throwing buckets of tinsel over each other.

Yes good businesses do invest, either take a punt to boost turnover or reinvest profit to grow.

Of course they have done the first option under Coleman who bought a load of crap. They say they have now done the second option with the Wilson/Maddison money, who knows? But it is a sort of chicken and egg situation either way.

But I personally don't want them throwing money at us, because the more we owe the less chance of them selling us on to another party.

Nick likes this.
  3. chiefdave

chiefdave Well-Known Member

So looking at football as a business lets say SISU had 'invested' £500K in this transfer window. Two questions, how could they invest rather than gift given FFP regulations, and also how would they achieve a return on that investment?

4. ccfcway

ccfcway Well-Known Member

Chatting to a derby fan yesterday. He said their wage bill is around £15m.

That's about 10 times ours. That's a huge gulf

5. Chipfat

Chipfat Well-Known Member

850 apps granted but only scored 140 goals between them for a forward line, its the quality that is lacking, i do agree we need to lower our expectations and understand our status currently within the game. Players we may have signed before and now turning us down, TM admitted this, we have to try to enjoy the wins or the good performances and understand the loses while trying to look at a brighter future.

I have said it for a long time that we might not want to face it but we as a club are being forced into a Crewe type model, which i'm fine with if that is what the club are trying put into place. If they are selling fans on a different strategy that is what i don't agree with and for me that is what has happened recently, TM wants Joe Cole types showing ambition, but in reality its not viable to sustain.

6. oldfiver

oldfiver Well-Known Member

Still cost £24million ( allegedly )

7. oldfiver

I think you should submit your CV to Philp Green as you are so clever!
    What does realistic mean? Are you really saying a "speculative" budget?
    Mowbray and Venus delayed signing their contracts last year until they had a budget they could work with
    Their other option is to move on to a bigger spending club - if that was their critera

8. fernandopartridge

fernandopartridge Well-Known Member

Average gates of 25-30K at a ticket price probably 50% higher too tbf.

9. skybluetony176

skybluetony176 Well-Known Member

I don't think they'd have to invest that much to be fair. If you look at the transfer window we were very late joining the party. Did TM miss any of his first choice targets because we couldn't stretch to covering wages over the summer when other teams could? An investment from SISU to give us the best chance of getting out of this league could be as simple as covering the summer wage bill so we can get on with business early doors and have something near our finished team available for preseason giving them the time to gel and hit the ground running. Not a luxury we have enjoyed so far this season and a gamble that if provided results would pay for itself very quickly with attendances. We might even sell a good few more season tickets of the back of a busy from the start transfer window.

Sky Blue Kid likes this.
  10. Hobo

Hobo Well-Known Member

Put money into developing their own academy. Coventry University do a physiotherpy/sports degree, I can see a useful partnership there. Especially as an Academy can be split over several sites. Coventry has more facilities than just Higgs.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  11. Sky Blue Kid

Sky Blue Kid Well-Known Member

I really couldn't care how much they were mate, they were their second string ;)
    Chelsea's 3rd team are worth in excess of £80m+

12. oldfiver

13. rybccfc

rybccfc Member

What actual point are you Trying to make that we should just settle for managers that up and do one at the first sign of a problem? Or is it that we are actually competitive with the top end of the league? Or is it just you are one of the many wind up merchants on here?

Plus I sent my cv they said I was far to over qualified lol

Please. So I sent my cv there ages ago said I was over qualified lol

14. sbadey

sbadey Member

Actually TM agreed the budget and signed first, Venus joined us a short while later

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk