SISU Demo v Watford (1 Viewer)

LarryGrayson

no trolling ere mate what are you portesting about why wont you answer me unless its you dont really no!!!!!

ccfcadz

The thing is like what was said on CWR last night who would be demonstrating against, Ranson, Hoffman or the four letter enigma that is SISU ??

kevinleftpeg

sorry to be boring but what about looking at this from a very simple Business perspective.

Outgoings;
Extortionately inflated Player wages driven by false market forces requires, to break even, approx 22k crowds average.
Player / staff wages probably account for 85%+ of all running costs / outgoings. THIS DOES NOT APPLY IN ANY BUSINESS except the top tiers of Sports. ie; NFL, Premiership, NHL etc.

Technically speaking SISU have failed because they have not adopted basic Business rules & continually funded a highly likely non viable venture as only 3 from 24 can reach the promised land each year.

So the problem is that without decent crowds ala Leeds, Leicester, Forest & Norwich etc we cannot begin to compete.

Conclusion;
Football in the lower tiers is even more crazy than the Premiership!
Players in Championship get paid too much.
Without investment from parties able / willing to risk losing millions the existing Business model across the lower tiers is doomed without Promotion.

Now the passionate bit;
Where are all the people who queued for hours to get an FA Cup ticket for the Chelsea game? I think most cannot stand to watch such a poor standard of Football week in week out, especially as the Players earn what they do?

We cannot survive as is with 15-18k crowds unless the Players get paid a sensible 'basic' & only get rewarded for success.

I have joked before but the only analogy that resonates on the above is to imagine Tesco's P&L if they paid all their till & shelf staff £50per hour. (no disrespect, but you can surely get the picture)

Football on the whole is a gigantic finacial mess

Nick

Administrator
sorry mate but hes happy to call me troll when hes got no answers

I feel like a school teacher now :(

Edgy : Dont call him a troll.

Larry : Don't call him a chancer.

Now shake hands....

Or if you are a gypsy, settle it like a man in the car park and then shake hands and be done with it! :pimp: (looks like Brad Pitt in Snatch don't you think?)

Just don't want the thread to be ruined :)

edgy

The answers you seek, are in the thread. It's just you've missed them whilst hard spanking the keyboard in haste to reply to everything.

edgy

Its wasn’t set out as a protest. More a demo. A demo, voicing our concern about how SISU are running our club. Poor communication, failure to take the club any further forward to when they took over. We were in the shit then and we are still, 3 years later, in the shit now.

If you don’t want to take part, don’t.

And if you’re up for a wind up, try a different topic. This is serious in my eyes.

There you go. Now move on. You're boring everyone.

LarryGrayson

The answers you seek, are in the thread. It's just you've missed them whilst hard spanking the keyboard in haste to reply to everything.

you gottas understand mate you gotta be able to answer people without insulting and so far you havent given a single answer tells me you need to think a bit more before doing a portest thatd be a disaster mate if you want it to work

LarryGrayson

edy your pushing me now you wanna start summut up your happy to just insult sisu and ranson without nowing why but you cant answer a fan when he wants to no why he should join a portest it dont really say much does it except a portest just wont work if you cant take people asking you questions

LarryGrayson

Got a mate to help me with this post as it's important and I'm dyslexic but you don't seem to wanna listen and call me troll.

What is the protest about? They've always had no communication. What do you want them to communicate anyway? Why? They took our shares so they didn't have to and you all sat back and insulted shareholders who didn't wanna hand them over.

Why isn't the club further forward then it was? Can you tell me why? We're better off then we were.

This is just because we lose a few and a manager leaving. To protest now would cause more damage to us then waiting until we have a reason to protest. Seriously. Don't do it until you've got a reason to.

Otherwise it looks like the manicness that GMK was all about and if we win a couple of games it'll all be forgot.

A protest now is a stupid idea, more so because you don't really know why you're protesting. You'll ruin the chances of a proper protest if we need one later as well.

Anyroads, don't insult a dyslexic old man for trying his best because I'm a fan like you.

skybluetelford

Bring back Highfield Road. Getting beat 4-0 at home by Liverpool would be lovely in front of a packed stadium .... better than these wilderness years anyway.:(

Lloyd

if most city fans have been unsettled then they should have said so but no no no no easy to come out the woodwork now isnt it

just because someone is unsettled, does not mean that they are not still content to see how games are played out, as i said, this time it was the last straw, i don't get what you're trying to prove though.

Dinyull

Must be a slow day in the Observer office.

Not having a go but that piece could have been used so much better - website's names dropped, current ideas, asking for people interested in getting something proper started.

To be honest it's probably too early for an article, especially when it tells you nothing other than people are thinking of chanting inside the ground.

But back to pretty much the start - what to people hope to gain out of a protest? Surely with the gates dropping they're aware we're pissed off. They aren't going to leave until someones willing to buy them. They aren't going to spend untill someones willing to invest.

You need to know what you want to achieve before getting a campaign started - Man U's fans wanted the Glaizers to sell to the many suiters showing interest, same with Liverpool. Who realistically will take us over who the club haven't managed to convince so far seeing as they've been trying to sell/bring in investment for over 2 years? Are you going to be happy when a statement is on the club's website saying sorry?!?!?!

The CableGuy

Anyone has a right to protest, but, I personally think some key points need clarifying before any protest is truly effective:

1. Why are you protesting?
  2. What is the goal of the protest? What positive and realistic outcome are you hoping to result from the protest?
  3. Who exactly are we protesting against? SISU? Ranson? SISU and Ranson? AB for 1 win in 16? The players?
  4. Where and when would the protest be most effective? In the ground? Outside? Before the game? Half Time? After? At SISU?
  5. What's the best way to protest? Banners? Chants? Sit-down protest? A March?

Last edited:

Dinyull

Also, with us being in a relegation battle the last thing we need is for the fans to be concentrating their chants towards the board, we need to get behind the players.

See Newcastle United in their relegation season to understand this!!!

Users who are viewing this thread