SISU Demo v Watford (1 Viewer)

Dinyull

Anyone has a right to protest, but, I personally think some key points need clarifying before any protest is truly effective:

1. Why are you protesting?
  2. What is the goal of the protest? What positive and realistic outcome are you hoping to result from the protest?
  3. Who exactly are we protesting against? SISU? Ranson? SISU and Ranson? AB for 1 win in 16? The players?
  4. Where and when would the protest be most effective? In the ground? Outside? Before the game? Half Time? After? At SISU?
  5. What's the best way to protest? Banners? Chants? Sit-down protest? A March?

^ This

Spot on.

The CableGuy

I give up.

:wave:

I tried.

No one is suggesting you should give up, you just need to focus on what the goals are in order to make any work you put into a protest truly effective.

If you're gonna put in the effort to do it, you might as well get some true reward and results for your efforts, yes?

Lloyd

Anyone has a right to protest, but, I personally think some key points need clarifying before any protest is truly effective:

2. What is the goal of the protest? What positive and realistic outcome are you hoping to result from the protest?
  3. Who exactly are we protesting against? SISU? Ranson? SISU and Ranson? AB for 1 win in 16? The players?
  4. Where and when would the protest be most effective? In the ground? Outside? Before the game? Half Time? After? At SISU?
okay, for me it is the following:

1. i'm protesting by no longer going this season.
2. realistically i would like to see the board communicate with us on these sort of issues more regularily and provide us with the reason why they stopped investing money and started selling our assets if they truely wanted us to succeed. Balancing the books is not a good enough response. If we hadnt of sold our better players the last couple of seasons, we would be back in the premier league. yeah they were / are operating on a loss, but a few seasons of loss would be negated straight away through promotion and keeping our better players would mean more consistancy on the pitch and higher attendences and the ability to buy back our ground.
3. SISU - lack of ambition and love for the club, running a succesful football club is different to a normal business and they don't seem to understand that at all.
4. i doubt we could launch an "effective" protest at all, this is mainly because we're losing our passion for the club on a daily basis.
5. best way would be a mix of everything, but unless we get 1000 + people to start doing it and on a regular basis, EVEN IF WE ARE Winning. it wont mean anything.

Hamish

1. Because I care about CCFC
2. Media coverage
3. SISU
4. Everywhere
5. All means necessary

Last edited:

rob9872

I know I'm an old cynic but that article in the observer was out quickly and reasonably well written. You would imagine the author to be a regular on a forum like this and this being the post to place that. The fact it's in the local press has got me adding 2+2 to equal 5 again ... they won't care about a protest, particularly when people don't know what or who they're complaining about, but it generates a bit of a togetherness that people want to be part of and jump on the bandwagon, so with this in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if this is club PR to get a few more bodies through the gate :)

can't wait for next week , I'll be singing,

Get out of our club, get out of our cluubbbbb, you secret hedge fund bankers, get out of our club.

rob9872

Who the f***
Who the f***
Who the f***ing hell are SISU
Who the fu-u-u-u**ing hell are SISU

ccfc luke

I dont think getting rid of SISU is the answer as who in their right mind is going to invest in us after they have gone?
But a protest to try to get SISU to tell us what is going on is for me what is needed.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread