Sky adds free broadband to sports package as BT battle heats up... (1 Viewer)

dutchman

Sky has bundled in a free broadband subscription for Sky Sports subscribers to fend off competition from BT.

BT Sport launched a similar package last month that includes access to 38 exclusive Premier League matches per season.

The broadcaster has responded by offering new and existing customers 12 months' free Sky Broadband Unlimited or six months' free Sky Fibre Unlimited when they adopt them as service provider.

Despite analysts predicting a price war between the two companies, both have announced plans to increase their prices, with Sky upping the costs of its TV services on September 1 and BT charging more for line rental.

"Since we launched broadband in 2006, millions of customers have saved money and got a better service by switching to Sky. Now we're making it even more affordable to enjoy totally unlimited broadband, including Britain's best value super-fast connection," said Sky marketing executive Stephen van Rooyen.

"Sky Broadband is less than half the price paid by millions of BT customers, who can save up to £200 by switching.

"For sports fans, there is no need to compromise on your TV service. Sky Sports comes not only with an unrivalled range of live action, including more Barclays Premier League than ever, but the best deal for totally unlimited broadband as well."

Sky Sports subscribers can access 116 exclusive live Premier League matches next season.

Nick

Administrator
Hmm I have Sky Broadband but not sports, I wonder what it would work out at if I got sports to get the free broadband.

ajsccfc

My o2 broadband was bought out by Sky so I already have both. I better get something out of this.

ajsccfc

I'll just threaten to leave. Hopefully they won't see through it and call my bluff, knowing I'm far too lazy for all the hassle.

ajsccfc

Hmm. The price thing would obviously appeal, but the fixed term could bite me. o2 are officially Sky now and all is fine, but I originally ditched Sky because the speed was crap so I've still got the option to swan off at a moment's notice.

Users who are viewing this thread