Sky Blue song (1 Viewer)

cathedraltospare

What with plenty of doom and gloom and the club almost certainly on the way down it is time to tell ourselves that we will support the team whatever league they are in.

Our song is a great reminder of Jimmy Hill's golden era but I have a question; Who else wants to revert back to the original lyrics? Tottenham, Chelsea, United or anyone is all well and good, but the fact is that we will not play these teams for many years. The original is a better reflection of our opponents and is more interesting due to the nicknames.

The original lyrics are
Let's all sing together
Play up, Sky Blues
While we sing together
We will never lose
Proud Posh or Pompey
Oysters or anyone
They shan't defeat them
They'll fight 'til the game is won!
City! City! City!

I do believe that "Oysters" was replaced each game by the team in opposition. At this rate we could be singing at the Chairboys, Grecians and Shakers next season.

Praying for a Sky Blue Christmas miracle
PUSB

ccfcway

were gonna need to replace posh as well, we will be a league below them next year

was there a version for Yeovil and Crawley ?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
were gonna need to replace posh as well, we will be a league below them next year

Also replace Pompey if they manage to stay up!

kg82

I don't want to replace this one. It's not embarrassing, it's our song and we've sung it like that for many years. I don't see why people go on about it. What we should be doing is coming up with other/more songs!

ccfcway

"where were you when we were sh1t"

"top half of league one, were having a laugh"

"mcsheffrey, oh oh oh, mcsheffrey, oh oh oh, he comes from coventry, he was good in 2003"

ccfcway

not forgetting the blondie classic "McPake"

"once he played a game, and he was class, but the rest of the season, his body was made of glass"

skybluesteve76

What with plenty of doom and gloom and the club almost certainly on the way down it is time to tell ourselves that we will support the team whatever league they are in.

Our song is a great reminder of Jimmy Hill's golden era but I have a question; Who else wants to revert back to the original lyrics? Tottenham, Chelsea, United or anyone is all well and good, but the fact is that we will not play these teams for many years. The original is a better reflection of our opponents and is more interesting due to the nicknames.

The original lyrics are
Let's all sing together
Play up, Sky Blues
While we sing together
We will never lose
Proud Posh or Pompey
Oysters or anyone
They shan't defeat them
They'll fight 'til the game is won!
City! City! City!

I do believe that "Oysters" was replaced each game by the team in opposition. At this rate we could be singing at the Chairboys, Grecians and Shakers next season.

Praying for a Sky Blue Christmas miracle
PUSB

Sure it was proud posh or cobblers? Not Pompey.

Otis

Also think you'll find that Posh did just defeat us.

If we are talking about teams not defeating us I think we need to change the lyrics to Potters Green Under 11's Girl's. At least that way we have a half-decent chance of earning the odd draw here and there.

Covstu

Also think you'll find that Posh did just defeat us.

If we are talking about teams not defeating us I think we need to change the lyrics to Potters Green Under 11's Girl's. At least that way we have a half-decent chance of earning the odd draw here and there.

yep posh did and so did pompey!!!!

ccfcdan

I noticed cwr got the wording wrong on Saturday. We should stick with Tottenham or Chelsea utd or anyone.I love this song! Its our song and no-one can take it and use it :)

blueflint

Proud Posh or Pompey
Oysters or anyone

proud posh or cobblers
united or anyone

thats what i remember and i was there at the first singing way back in j h early days

SkyblueBazza

I posted a version including Yeovil & I think Crawley & Shrewsbury at the start of the season but It wasn't taken up :-(

ricohroar

If we change it, we alays gonna be changing it, as if teams go up or down and no longer in our league, we'll be changing it every year. Be nice if it was to be changed to change the whole section with teams in it to somthing that will never change. I don't know like Hitler or germans couldn't defeat us lol :facepalm::facepalm:;)

shmmeee

"where were you when we were sh1t"

"top half of league one, were having a laugh"

"mcsheffrey, oh oh oh, mcsheffrey, oh oh oh, he comes from coventry, he was good in 2003"

I. Fucking. Love. That McSheffrey one!

vow

Does anyone know where i can download the "sky blue song" tune for a smart phone?

A ring-tone type thing.

CJ_covblaze

Sadly we're not good enough to play against Proud anymore!

ccfcway

"Who needs Cantona when we have Wegerle! " Must be the most cringe worthy I know.:woot:

why ?

We were prem league at the time and Wegerle was an impact player.

How can that be more cringe worthy than...

"we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen"

Not even just "the greatest", but "by far, the greatest"..... that maybe slightly more inaccurate than wegerle v Cantona comparison

christonabike

why ?

We were prem league at the time and Wegerle was an impact player.

How can that be more cringe worthy than...

"we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen"

Not even just "the greatest", but "by far, the greatest"..... that maybe slightly more inaccurate than wegerle v Cantona comparison
Jesus I think Eric was by far a better player to go on and have a successful career very quickly and all teams sing about being the best team the world has ever seen. You sound like a 15 year old who just picks holes in things instead of getting a life you sad fook.
Maybe getting out of your bedsit and having a day out may help.:banghead:

ccfcway

Jesus I think Eric was by far a better player to go on and have a successful career very quickly and all teams sing about being the best team the world has ever seen. You sound like a 15 year old who just picks holes in things instead of getting a life you sad fook.
Maybe getting out of your bedsit and having a day out may help.:banghead:

hang on, you are the one who critised the song. My bedsit is pretty comfy thanks. I have made it nice by hanging pics of Roy Wegerle all over it

christonabike

Hey nowt wrong with that but make sure the bugs don't bite and get yourself up the Ricoh tomorrow for the first 3 points .
Weggers and some of his team mates we could do with at the min! Even Steve Morgan.

Users who are viewing this thread