Sky Blues owners to bid for Higgs' shares in ACL (1 Viewer)

skyblueinBaku

.....probably

They'd be mad not too.....

...bet this ends up back in court.

I think you are right. Sisu's lawyers are probably looking forward to yet another payday.

covcity4life

amazing news if this happens

then when wasps die we will take over 100%

muahahah

but seriously lets get this done sisu!

Skyblueweeman

I think the very future of our beloved football club will look a hell of a lot healthier if we can acquire this 50%.

It would sit better with me as well, the whole Wasps thing as well as giving us long term security and the likelihood of increased revenues.

Please let this be true, please make this happen.

WM

kg82

I think the very future of our beloved football club will look a hell of a lot healthier if we can acquire this 50%.

It would sit better with me as well, the whole Wasps thing as well as giving us long term security and the likelihood of increased revenues.

Please let this be true, please make this happen.

WM

Got to agree with this. I'm wary still (supporting Coventry has made me pretty cynical) but I can only see us ever achieving something with the security of owning part of the Ricoh. Unless, of course, Abramovic fancies taking us on!

For the good of our club this shouldnt just happen but it MUST happen. Would finally end these ridiculous claims of building our own stadium and in the long run could actually prove beneficial in getting SISU out of the club for good if they actually have something to sell.
Get this deal done, for gods sake lets have some sense prevail.

stupot07

Simon - has the wasps deal for the other 50% been completed yet? If not, do you know whether it is subject to getting Higgs share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Simon - has the wasps deal for the other 50% been completed yet? If not, do you know whether it is subject to getting Higgs share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

It has been completed and is not reliant on anything else - confirmed by the council.

stupot07

It has been completed and is not reliant on anything else - confirmed by the council.

Is it wasps or the company that owns wasps? Do you get the feeling that this ccfc/Higgs thing is purely to tick a box? Or do you think there is a realistic chance of us buying Higgs share?

Covstu

i think a 50/50 deal could work for us if both parties stay open minded and commercial. The biggest issue will be the pitch condition and fixture clashes, would want to play the day after a wasps game.

italiahorse

I still don't believe this is as straight forward as just paying out a couple of million.
Be nice if it was.

IMHO I would say that if CCFC Ltd are to bid then SISU need to put money into CCFC Ltd.
If they do that then the people owed money by Ltd surely get first pick of that money before they can use it to buy the share.
In addition I would also say that who ever owns that share also takes on half the ACL debt.

It would be nice to understand why Sisu are not snapping Higgs hand off if it's clear cut.
It would also be nice to know whether Wasps would like to split ACL with Sisu.

Noggin

amazing news if this happens

then when wasps die we will take over 100%

muahahah

but seriously lets get this done sisu!

if we get half I think we'd want wasps to succeed. Both teams would want the other to do well, it would be in everyone's interests. Building more restaurants, bars, a pub etc all become more appealing with 2 teams there. Wasps doing well would make acl worth more and make more money and we would have half of that.

Yes it would be tempting to hope wasps failed so that the other half of acl could be picked up cheap but it would be a massive mistake in the short term at least, wasps plan is surely years long and failing is going to take a long time. I for one am completely sick of sisu trying to succeed by hopeing others fail especially when it involves us failing at the same time. another few years of that will just continue the downward spiral.

If we do get half the area everyone should come together to improve the Ricoh, make it something we can all be proud of, that brings in good money that both clubs can benefit from so we can get back to some fucking positivity because the lack of hope is crippling.

covcity4life

if we get half I think we'd want wasps to succeed. Both teams would want the other to do well, it would be in everyone's interests. Building more restaurants, bars, a pub etc all become more appealing with 2 teams there. Wasps doing well would make acl worth more and make more money and we would have half of that.

Yes it would be tempting to hope wasps failed so that the other half of acl could be picked up cheap but it would be a massive mistake in the short term at least, wasps plan is surely years long and failing is going to take a long time. I for one am completely sick of sisu trying to succeed by hopeing others fail especially when it involves us failing at the same time. another few years of that will just continue the downward spiral.

If we do get half the area everyone should come together to improve the Ricoh, make it something we can all be proud of, that brings in good money that both clubs can benefit from so we can get back to some fucking positivity because the lack of hope is crippling.

yeah fair point

although i agree with many on here that this is just not gonna pan out.

if it was easy would wasps have purchased in first place knowing 50% wont be theirs?

Skyblueweeman

Whether we get half or not, still wrong to have Wasps in Coventry.

It's ok, the local council have okayed it though, so all good. They've got the best interests of anything Coventry related at heart.

Apart from the Rugby Club. And the Football Club. And the tax payer. Other than that though....

covcity4life

who really cares? because talking to rugby fans i know , they are all going. apparently they are looking at 15,000 in attendance which would assume many are interested

talking to rugby fans i know they all refuse to go, apparently they are looking at 745 in attendance which would assume no one is interested.

rupert_bear

Simon, what happens if a third party bids more than sisu should they make an offer. Do sisu have first dibs and do Higgs have to sell to them or as it is a charity do they sell to the highest bidder ?

Rusty Trombone

Simon, isn't the part of the story below contradictory to the headline?

Peter Knatchbull Hugessen, clerk for the Higgs Charity, said: “The charity has been in regular correspondence with the liquidator and the liquidator’s solicitors.

“We have had no contact with Otium, and there won’t have been, because the option sits with the liquidator.

“We await the liquidator’s decision. He has said he is minded to make an offer for the shares.

The Lurker

talking to rugby fans i know they all refuse to go, apparently they are looking at 745 in attendance which would assume no one is interested.

i think you'll find the attendance will be closer to 15,000 then 745. Wager then, loser gets banned for a month? what you think?

rupert_bear

Is it wasps or the company that owns wasps? Do you get the feeling that this ccfc/Higgs thing is purely to tick a box? Or do you think there is a realistic chance of us buying Higgs share?

Who are us ?

RoboCCFC90

who really cares? because talking to rugby fans i know, they are all going. apparently they are looking at 15,000 in attendance which would assume many are interested

Isn't that the same as saying "Who cares that Coventry City FC made the move to Northampton albeit temporarily?" I care..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattylad

I think they will get very good crowds playing on a Sunday considering all the local amateur players are busy Saturday afternoon. Circa 12,000 I reckon.

As for the telegraph headline it tells us nothing we don't know..yes they will bid...Higgs will turn it down..a deal will be done with Wasps (Higgs preferred bidder as they have already admitted)...it will end up in court...lawyers will get fat wallets

skybluetony176

Why will otiums bid be made through PA? Has the Wasps bid been made through PA or is this been done direct with Higgs? If the Wasps have bid directly to Higgs why can't Otium do the same?

RoboCCFC90

Why will otiums bid be made through PA? Has the Wasps bid been made through PA or is this been done direct with Higgs? If the Wasps have bid directly to Higgs why can't Otium do the same?

The option lies in a company that in the hands of the liquidator, AKA Paul Appleton.

skybluetony176

The option lies in a company that in the hands of the liquidator, AKA Paul Appleton.

I undersand that the option is sat in ltd but does that mean that Otium can only bid through PA? Can they just not bid directly like i assume Wasps have? Or is there a different angle for using the option to make the bid?

Rusty Trombone

Otium or anyone could have made an offer to Higgs, but as no offers were seemingly made except the Wasps one, then Higgs accepted their offer. Now as part of a previous deal Higgs have to let CCFC Ltd know that they have agreed to sell, it does not appear that Higgs have any intention of accepting any offer other than the one from Wasps.

Users who are viewing this thread