Sky Blues Talk - Downtime (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I am maybe moving Sky Blues Talk to a new server later so I will need to close the site so that new posts etc aren't missed.

I will probably do it later on tonight in time for the game tomorrow but hopefully most of you will be in bed!

If you get a closed message, don't worry about it.

It will be moving from Manchester to Coventry :)

Otis

I am maybe moving Sky Blues Talk to a new server later so I will need to close the site so that new posts etc aren't missed.

I will probably do it later on tonight in time for the game tomorrow but hopefully most of you will be in bed!

And then on from Coventry to Northampton?

egastap

I am maybe? That's very decisive English young Nick. That reminds me when I was young I was a bit indecisive.....now, I'm not so sure!

Nick

Administrator
The site won't actually go down, just be closed while I move it :)

I can leave it live, just means somebody may make a post halfway through and it disappears!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Has it moved yet? I didn't feel a thing!

Nick

Administrator
Think it should be properly fixed now, took a bit longer than I thought it would because the new server seems to have a bullshit filter so it didn't like half the content :(

Nick

Administrator
Geeky question Nick what did you use to transfer the SQL database cause it must have been huge?

I used mysqldump so it directly sent it to the new server :)

The only issue was that it kept hitting filesize limits on the old server and timing out. Got there in the end though!

Fast internet in SISU HQ so it was ok at the new server end.

RegTheDonk

I used mysqldump so it directly sent it to the new server :)

The only issue was that it kept hitting filesize limits on the old server and timing out. Got there in the end though!

Thanks for that :)

I've had to download individual tables in the past precisely because of timing out. Will try your method in future.

olderskyblue

Astute

Think it should be properly fixed now, took a bit longer than I thought it would because the new server seems to have a bullshit filter so it didn't like half the content :(

Are you sure it was only half of your posts the filter didn't like? :whistle: :D

Users who are viewing this thread