Sky Blues Talk Members get 15% Off when eating at The Establishment - Coventry. (1 Viewer)

Delboy - Just mention it to the staff when ordering food - the staff should be aware as I have emailed them to let them know, any problems ask to speak to Angela/Maria or me myself my name is Phil. The offer is on food only thou...but we are changing brewer shortly and will be giving away free beer on certain days so if you go to our facebook page and like you will kept up to date on these nights/days.

I really like the place and go there regularly...I'll definitely be taking advantage of your kind offer mate. Do we need to mention you or are all the staff aware of it?

Its a nice place - not many left in Coventry...your more than welcome!!

Sounds a good dive. ;)
I like the idea of initiatives like this, get a bit of public spirit going, fair play.
I'll definitely check you out next time I'm back in Cov.

The building is fantastic and we are very lucky to have it - the history of the place a long and very interesting, It is what remains of Coventry Gaol, it was also the Governors House - we still the dock.cells, public gallery and judges bench from its days as the the Coventry mags/crown court...

Have been past but never been in

will visit when next in City glad to see fine old building being used again especially by someone local:claping hands::claping hands:

Estrella Damm is staying - we have some great new beers coming in one draught...Heineken, Amstel, Sagres, Birra Moretti, Tiger, Duvel (6.8%), Vedett and Symonds Cider and J Smiths - not mention some nice Continental bottled beers...

theferret

Been meaning to go in for a while so will definitely call in when I'm in town next. Amazing restoration job from the images I have seen. Businesses like this deserve to succeed and we should all support them.

letsallsingtogether

Will have to take my wife in for a meal.
I went to a country pub on Saturday with some friends cost £30.00 each and the food was a dissapointment

Thank you - It took 6 years and a lot of blood and sweat (and money) but it is really popular and doing well - your more than welcome to call in...PUSB

Been meaning to go in for a while so will definitely call in when I'm in town next. Amazing restoration job from the images I have seen. Businesses like this deserve to succeed and we should all support them.

We do a cracking Sunday lunch for £8.95, and if you come between 12 and 3pm we have live jazz on in the bar, its not intrusive so works well with all our customers - although we are fully booked for fathers day this Sunday - if you do call in let me know what you think, constructive feedback is always welcomed.

Will have to take my wife in for a meal.
I went to a country pub on Saturday with some friends cost £30.00 each and the food was a dissapointment

WillieStanley

Thank you - It took 6 years and a lot of blood and sweat (and money) but it is really popular and doing well - your more than welcome to call in...PUSB

I wen't for a light lunch a few months ago. You are right, you get what you pay for and more. I've been meaning to take my wife for a while, and maybe combine it with the open mic night - this has just given me the extra incentive!!

Yes agreed about other venues it is a shame - we have such a varied mix of customer, from the bitter drinker to the younger guys, middle aged women, OAP's, students, tourists it really amazing how it all mixes together.

This is good. You often see new places in Cov that end up closing pretty quick, glad it's not the case here.

Hi Willie - Thank you, Ope mic on a Thursday it goes OK depending on who turns up :), your in The Pockets? we have had The Session, The Fallows, Shackletons, Danny Ansell play in the past, we have Steve Cradock from OCS doing our Godiva After Party (DJ Set) Sat 6th with live support - we don't do loads of live music as Its hard to mix it with restaurant without upsetting our customers - but we do try to do a bit with local bands. good to hear you enjoyed your food...PUSB.

I wen't for a light lunch a few months ago. You are right, you get what you pay for and more. I've been meaning to take my wife for a while, and maybe combine it with the open mic night - this has just given me the extra incentive!!

WillieStanley

Hi Willie - Thank you, Ope mic on a Thursday it goes OK depending on who turns up :), your in The Pockets? we have had The Session, The Fallows, Shackletons, Danny Ansell play in the past, we have Steve Cradock from OCS doing our Godiva After Party (DJ Set) Sat 6th with live support - we don't do loads of live music as Its hard to mix it with restaurant without upsetting our customers - but we do try to do a bit with local bands. good to hear you enjoyed your food...PUSB.

Yeah, I'm the drummer!! I didn't realise you had Steve Craddock!! I'll definately have to come down for that!! We've got a set that suits your sort of environment. Really stripped down and atmospheric. Completely got rid of the kit and replaced it with to congas, a snare, cybal and sampler. It's reallly relaxing!! We're using that set at Godiva on the acoustic stage - come down!!

Hi Willie - I will what time are you on, I like to hear it...might be able arrange something at the bar in the future.

Yeah, I'm the drummer!! I didn't realise you had Steve Craddock!! I'll definately have to come down for that!! We've got a set that suits your sort of environment. Really stripped down and atmospheric. Completely got rid of the kit and replaced it with to congas, a snare, cybal and sampler. It's reallly relaxing!! We're using that set at Godiva on the acoustic stage - come down!!

LastGarrison

Yeah post the time up on here WS as I'll be at the Godiva so be good to hear you lot. Also got my tickets for the Establishment after.

Got the potential to be a cracking day all round. Here's hoping for a bit of sunshine.

Brighton Sky Blue

Food definitely looks a bit pricey but equally looks better than standard grill fare so might try it out when I'm next in town.

That's good to hear...its gonna be a great night...Got a top Oasis Tribute in for the 20th July...more info on our FB page https://www.facebook.com/TheEstablishmentBarGrill

Yeah post the time up on here WS as I'll be at the Godiva so be good to hear you lot. Also got my tickets for the Establishment after.

Got the potential to be a cracking day all round. Here's hoping for a bit of sunshine.

Greggs

I'm coming tomorrow for lunch, around 12ish. Does this offer still apply? :p

matesx

ive been in 2 or 3 times

impressive place - does feel a class above, nice place to take your missus (or someone elses's)

only been in on afternoons, must try a Fri/Sat nite if its got a bit of retro music on

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words...we have DJ's on on a Friday and Saturday, Funk Soul, 80's, 90's ect on at weekends plus the occasional local/tribute band.

ive been in 2 or 3 times

impressive place - does feel a class above, nice place to take your missus (or someone elses's)

only been in on afternoons, must try a Fri/Sat nite if its got a bit of retro music on

RegTheDonk

Just wondering .... has anybody been in, ordered a meal, and then stated "I'm pro SISU and want to pay full price".

I hope if they are Pro-SISU they won't compromise their morals.

Users who are viewing this thread