SKY Q (1 Viewer)

aloisiwouldhavescored

Have got a full Sky subscription with a 2TB box. Sky have now written to me offering me a SKY Q 2TB box with no additional rental (pay enough already!), just a set up charge, but minimum 18 month subscription.
What does SKY Q actually give you, over and above the standard box? Is it worth getting?

FinchyNo1

It provides 4k viewing and you can watch a programme halfway through if you are in another room if you have a sky q mini box, I have just got it and the 4k viewing is excellent, obviously you need a 4k tv for this, other than that I would say there's not much difference, everything seems to go through the internet and no need for phone line anymore

CJ_covblaze

Just upgraded to Q from standard HD and it's brilliant. Well worth doing.

chiefdave

Don't find it much different. You can record more programs at the time but I can't say I ever had a problem before. The menu is slicker and faster but everything seems to take twice as many clicks.

Haven't got multi room, think it's a rip off (not that sky in general isn't). With only me in the house I don't see why I should have to pay more to both Sky and BT if I want to be able to watch sport on the tv in the bedroom.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

chiefdave

The loyalty thing has royally pissed me off. Have had Sky since 1995 except for a year when I was living in Canada 17 years ago and 8 months when I was living somewhere they couldn't fit a dish. According to Sky this means I'm a new customer and not eligible for any loyalty reward.

ajsccfc

I got my mobile contract with Sky recently, the added bonus that I wasn't aware of beforehand is that you get Sky Go Extra included free with a mobile contract so it's essentially multiroom for nowt as I can play through the PS4.

covcity4life

omg jsut relaised sky q has a different remote control

i cannot change from the normal sky controller!!!!

also how does it work with the wifi extenders? do you need to put loads of different networks into your phone? will it auto switch?

CJ_covblaze

omg jsut relaised sky q has a different remote control

i cannot change from the normal sky controller!!!!

also how does it work with the wifi extenders? do you need to put loads of different networks into your phone? will it auto switch?

That's been the hot topic of discussion and frustration in our gaff. I'm the only one that has found the touchpad easier than using the previous remote.

covcity4life

That's been the hot topic of discussion and frustration in our gaff. I'm the only one that has found the touchpad easier than using the previous remote.

its waiting for me at home! i spoke to engineer on phone and he confirmed all recordings are lumped together! i dont wanna see indian dramas pop up on my box lol. although he said i have voice recongition or something,well see how good that is.

als otoday sky offered me fibre for just 1 quid extra a month. yes please!

chiefdave

i spoke to engineer on phone and he confirmed all recordings are lumped together! i dont wanna see indian dramas pop up on my box lol.
Its supposed to learn what you watch and then when you go to the main viewing menu the shows that come up should match what you watch. I find I tend to get either totally random things or stuff I've watched so not much use.

covcity4life

Its supposed to learn what you watch and then when you go to the main viewing menu the shows that come up should match what you watch. I find I tend to get either totally random things or stuff I've watched so not much use.

cant you have it in normal chronilogical order?

skybluesam66

voice recognition is really good - no looking through the listings for a programme any more - works really well
you can have recordings in most recent first - but they come in icons instead as a list, so sometimes harder to find
Remote is very sensitive - often find myself just picking up only for that to begin to fast forward what we are watching

covcity4life

all isntalled yesterday,takes some getting used too!

cant skip to a exact time anymore wtf! i suppose fast fwd is alot quicker now tbf

also back button instead of sky to get out of menus is a shcok too

but new router is alot better and i am getting fibre soon too.

using touchpad for now

skybluesam66

all isntalled yesterday,takes some getting used too!

cant skip to a exact time anymore wtf! i suppose fast fwd is alot quicker now tbf

also back button instead of sky to get out of menus is a shcok too

but new router is alot better and i am getting fibre soon too.

using touchpad for now
Exact time so you put it on fast forward, and then use the circular touch pad - takes you there as fast as typing in the number

ajsccfc

My remote just has the directional buttons rather than the touch pad, do you get that one with a primo package?

skybluesam66

i know how to skip forward that way a min at a time with a flick to the right for each minute. is this what you mean?
no - if you first press fast forward - and then while on fast forward push the touch pad to the right, and then very quickly (split second) you can jump to where you want - so yes it does go a minute at a time i guess - but literally takes 0.1 seconds to advance to where you want to be

covcity4life

Yeah cheers workes it out this morning. Ta
no - if you first press fast forward - and then while on fast forward push the touch pad to the right, and then very quickly (split second) you can jump to where you want - so yes it does go a minute at a time i guess - but literally takes 0.1 seconds to advance to where you want to be

Users who are viewing this thread