Sky Ride (1 Viewer)

Marty

Did anybody else take part in this today? It was great to see so many people out and about in the city centre for a change. So many different skill levels and age ranges taking part. Started at Broadgate, It went through Fargo Village and the university campus and then a lap of the ring road.

The event was seriously lacking something though, no stalls apart from a British cycling and a Halfords mechanics bit, no companies displaying their latest tech. Considering that both sky ride and motofest are both 3 years old, motofest is so ahead of sky ride as a event.

CCFC had a stall with a goal the young lads could take pens in, didn't see a Wasps stall. :)

Covstu

Yes we took the kids, it was great. We started at Fargo then went round the ring road to broad gate. Great turnout again, good to see lots of kids starting out cycling. Personally not fussed about stalls , it's about encouraging people, to get out and ride so box ticked. I did 40 miles in the morning then took the kids, so proud of my daughter who cycled 5 miles and she is only 5 years old!

Terry Gibson's perm

Did anybody else take part in this today? It was great to see so many people out and about in the city centre for a change. So many different skill levels and age ranges taking part. Started at Broadgate, It went through Fargo Village and the university campus and then a lap of the ring road.

The event was seriously lacking something though, no stalls apart from a British cycling and a Halfords mechanics bit, no companies displaying their latest tech. Considering that both sky ride and motofest are both 3 years old, motofest is so ahead of sky ride as a event.

CCFC had a stall with a goal the young lads could take pens in, didn't see a Wasps stall. :)

Did they have something at the Ricoh today as I saw a few muppets walking that way when I drove past and when I went to Tesco they stopped me and asked if I was there to shop, I answered what else would I be here for.

Covstu

Did they have something at the Ricoh today as I saw a few muppets walking that way when I drove past and when I went to Tesco they stopped me and asked if I was there to shop, I answered what else would I be here for.
Singa 7's (Rugby) was on yesterday at the Ricoh wasn't it??

Users who are viewing this thread