Sky TV Package Downgrade (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

My current Sky package contract runs until Feb, my 10 month half price box set discount has just ended.
Does anybody know if I can downgrade my TV package to basi, while I'm still in the current contract?

pastythegreat

You can chop and change all the time! If you still want to keep your box sets give them a call and ask them what the best offers they have got on for you to add to your package! You can (in your right to) call daily to til you get the best deal for you!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Not sure if it's any use but I played hardball with sky in the summer basically had my package at £60 a month with all the offers ending was going up to £112, I asked what the best they could do was, got told £86, just handed by leaving notice in.

Heard nothing for about a week ended up getting a few calls few offers nothing decent, went onto the live chat, basically said I will stay if i can get my package to £60 within minutes was agreed.

They can offer you what you want pretty much.

no_loyalty

Not sure if it's any use but I played hardball with sky in the summer basically had my package at £60 a month with all the offers ending was going up to £112, I asked what the best they could do was, got told £86, just handed by leaving notice in.

Heard nothing for about a week ended up getting a few calls few offers nothing decent, went onto the live chat, basically said I will stay if i can get my package to £60 within minutes was agreed.

They can offer you what you want pretty much.

I always do this myself, I always threaten to go to Virgin until they give me a decent deal. I just didn't know if you could downgrade to basic TV package while in still in a 12 month contract?

covmark

I always do this myself, I always threaten to go to Virgin until they give me a decent deal. I just didn't know if you could downgrade to basic TV package while in still in a 12 month contract?
Yeah you can swap and change whatever you want with your package, you usually have to give 28 days notice if you want to drop sports or movies IIRC.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Mine was a month or 2 shy of the the year deal. So not 100% sure.

Might be worth a go trying worst they'll say is you're stuck in it til it runs out and maybe saying you'll be going elsewhere they might move the goalposts on being stuck in til the end.

albatross

mine went up from 35 Quid to 80 Quid so I cancelled, Had a few calls inviting me back and eventually got a 75% offer so for the whole TV lot in HD was just over £20 for 12 months (Sky Sports, TV, Movies and Box Sets)

ajsccfc

As far as I know you have a minimum term contract with Sky of 12 months but that's really just agreeing to have their service, you can muck about with extras all you like. I signed up for SkyQ and then got six months Sky Sports half price, once those six months are up I'm going to cancel unless they offer me the same deal again. Month notice on downgrades is all they need I think.

chiefdave

I was with Sky for over 20 years when I phoned up to cancel (had to cancel as I was moving and couldn't put a dish on the new place). Was a bit annoyed to not even be offered a discount after that many years of custom.

ajsccfc

I cancelled at my old place and they offered to freeze the account until I could move into the new one, but that was all they offered. Rather than use an old Sky+ box at full whack I'm now a new customer with a Sky Q box, half price subscription and £100 on a credit card. I'm going to threaten to cancel everything all the time now.

Nick

Administrator
Does my head in how they look after "new" customers with the deals, I phoned up once and asked for one of the new customer deals and they said I couldn't have it so I cancelled and went to BT.

The other is awards, with social media they are a bit mainstream. "vote for me in the people wearing 1 sock and 1 glove awards".

Means absolutely shit all.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

I don't know if it's true or some kind of perpetuated myth, but it's meant to be way cheaper to keep a customer than it is to attract a new one. Pass that saving on to me, dickwads!

Astute

Been with sky since the big dishes since before BSKYB. I have everything but sport. Watch that on Kodi. I pay £44.50 and also have multiroom. Need to phone up again in February otherwise will go up to the full amount.

stupot07

Where did you source your Kodi box and how straightforward is it to set up?
Really straight forward. Plenty of guides on the internet. Just get kodi on, add Ares wizard, and choose one of the builds and its all done. 15-20 min job max.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
The only thing that annoys me is having to try 10s of streams for sport, films aren't too bad but I dont stream those from Kodi.

Sky_Blue_Daz

We got sky multi room full hd package, broadband and phone for £80 a month thought that was ok

Malaka

What pisses me off about Sky is the fact that you are paying for TV and getting adverts, this odes not happen on terrestrial TV

fellatio_Martinez

Where did you source your Kodi box and how straightforward is it to set up?
I bought it from Amazon. It came with Kodi and other software installed.

It's was basically plug and play. Obviously being a free service there's no customer service or tech support so if something goes wrong you're on your own but there's plenty of help on google / youtube etc.

wingy

Qh well here goes, second attempt.
The thing is its extortionate and is extortion.
By switching to online in large numbers takes up bandwidth, they attempt to upgrade broadband to compensate which costs, so eventually the broadband goes up.
What is required is for people to organise themselves using the tools available through these sharks medium.
With twatter and FB people need to shift onmasse with these and other products /Utilities and give them a smacked arse!
Just think about VFM when contributing to your mortgage or pension with the savings or compared to other necessities that come in around £100-£120 a month.
The Idea that Branson is some well meaning philanthropist makes me sick, his counterpart is at least an honest bandit.
Get with the programme kids and shake it up!:mad:

Nick

Administrator
But if you sack off Sky Movies for example is like £30 odd, that will pay for decent unlimited broadband.

I managed to go from about 85 a month on Sky for the Sports / Movies / shite Broadband and Phone down to £40 with TV (only bt sport and basic channels like nat Geo etc) and super fast broadband with no limit.

Last edited:

Si80

But if you sack off Sky Movies for example is like £30 odd, that will pay for decent unlimited broadband.

I managed to go from about 85 a month on Sky for the Sports / Movies / shite Broadband and Phone down to £40 with TV (only bt sport and basic channels like nat Geo etc) and super fast broadband with no limit.

Sky movies is £9 a month.... It's Sports that is the big cost at £25+. There are SO many good deals going around with Sky where if you are a long time customer or out of contract just call them, pull the plug or threaten too and you'll get upto 75% off and in some cases money credited to your account.

Nick

Administrator
Sky movies is £9 a month.... It's Sports that is the big cost at £25+. There are SO many good deals going around with Sky where if you are a long time customer or out of contract just call them, pull the plug or threaten too and you'll get upto 75% off and in some cases money credited to your account.

Ah, it must have been Sky Cinema I saw on offer. I haven't had Sky for a while so must be different!

wingy

I bet they could given you all of that and retained the old stuff for that price and still make money from you Nick.
That's the point I was trying to get across.

Nick

Administrator
I bet they could given you all of that and retained the old stuff for that price and still make money from you Nick.
That's the point I was trying to get across.

Well yeah, bandwidth doesn't really cost that much to them anyway, especially for people like BT and Virgin.

Users who are viewing this thread