Slade ability to pick a player (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Positive signs so far

I appreciate Clarke was not available in the summer and it's still really surprising Bradford let him go now.
Fairplay to Slade he looked at the defence knew exactly what we needed and quietly went about getting it.
Bevan a hassler an Andy Morrel type helps you defend from the front but also sets the tone for the game. Never give up keep going.
Reilly solid dependable nothing special can give cover at Right back.
It bodes well for me Slade clearly knows a player.
To let Sordell go I am confident we will see a good striker coming soon.

Last edited:

Moff

Positive signs so far

I appreciate Clarke was not available in the summer and it's still really surprising Bradford let him go now.
Fairplay to Slade he looked at the defence knew exactly what we needed and quietly went about getting it.
Bevan a hassler and Andy Morrel type helps you defend from the front but also sets the tone for the type. Never give up keep going.
Reilly solid dependable nothing special can give cover at Right back.
It bodes well for me Slade clearly knows a player.
To let Sordell go I am confident we will see a good striker coming soon.

Have to agree Dongo. I feel optimistic that at least the bad situation on the pitch, may improve. Lets hope it does off the pitch as well!

torchomatic

I think the impact of Clarke and Beavon was pretty instant. Reilly didn't shine as much as those two, but I prefer him to the majority of midfielders left on the bench.

torchomatic

Thought Clarke and Beavon were superb. Didn't get to see much of Reilly (or Rose for that matter) due to Boltons style of play. You could tell Parkinson was the manager!

Have to say I was pretty unimpressed with Bolton. Thought they would be a good footballing side, but they weren't really, were they?

Thought they looked better when Clough came on. Very route one. Ameobi would frustrate the life out of me, looked very capable but a very laid back attitude. Thought their captain had a good game, enjoyed his and Tudgay's tussles. They're set up to get out of the division. Won't be pretty but they'll do it. Very few teams go up playing nice football. Hope Slade can turn us into that kind of side.

Warwickhunt

It was an instant improvement, whilst not expecting a promotion charge I am not worried about relegation.[/QU
I think the impact of Clarke and Beavon was pretty instant. Reilly didn't shine as much as those two, but I prefer him to the majority of midfielders left on the bench.
quite so and i thought the inclusion of Lamerias as a sub weakend us as a team

robbiethemole

Thought they looked better when Clough came on. Very route one. Ameobi would frustrate the life out of me, looked very capable but a very laid back attitude. Thought their captain had a good game, enjoyed his and Tudgay's tussles. They're set up to get out of the division. Won't be pretty but they'll do it. Very few teams go up playing nice football. Hope Slade can turn us into that kind of side.

Jay Spearing ex Liverpool but still good enough for this level, dirty little bastard tho..........something we need.

bringbackrattles

Have to say I was pretty unimpressed with Bolton. Thought they would be a good footballing side, but they weren't really, were they?
Got talking to some Bolton fans in the pub before the game,and even though they're near the top of the division they said they aren't that good,and one bloke reckoned we'd beat them. He said we were the best side he'd seen at their place this season and was surprised we are where we are. It seems away fans think more of us than we do !

Calista

Surprised at the lukewarm comments about Reilly - I thought he looked a great midfielder at this level, both with and without the ball. Time will tell.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Reilly did the nitty gritty but not so much that he stood out, but he did it.

Much better option than the bench full of midfielders we ended up naming! Who knew weMd suddenly be so too heavy with midfielders!

Beavon looks decent

Clarke definitely made a difference and is a key communicator within the team. Surprised he wasn't made captain to be fair - never liked a striker being handed the arm band and reckon he'd do a job.

steve82

Reilly did the nitty gritty but not so much that he stood out, but he did it.

Much better option than the bench full of midfielders we ended up naming! Who knew weMd suddenly be so too heavy with midfielders!

Beavon looks decent

Clarke definitely made a difference and is a key communicator within the team. Surprised he wasn't made captain to be fair - never liked a striker being handed the arm band and reckon he'd do a job.

I thought Reilly was quiet in the first half and better in the second, that said it's not all about what you do with the ball so may well of been good in the first it just went unnoticed as clarke and Beavon shined.

Clarke as Slade says is a "man" gave us what we've missed so badly, will become a fans favourite along with Beavon I feel. Another cleaver acquisition. Busy working away for along as he physically could. Will improve with game time.

Clarke in my opinion will be captain by 31st jan most likely lead the team out at Northampton on the 28th. I think by that point Slade will have a nearly set side with other striking options that will see Tudgay back on the bench.

I think he's being very smart by getting him on board early to win the dressing room around, getting the connection and moral up in the dressing room and then say cheers tuggy, here's the bib and you'll be on when Beavon is dead on his feet.

Otis

Reilly has only played one game this season, so probably not match fit.

I think we saw enough of him to be quietly confident he will do well.

I wonder if there will be any option to sign him come the end of the season, or whether it will definitely only remain a loan.

Users who are viewing this thread