Slade didn't know what Bigirimana was good at (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Got a hang up against the telegraph for some reason squire?

Certainly not the paper they used to be! Click bait articles. Delayed news. Solihull news? Slow news articles every day. Loving an anti CCFC article more than a pro CCFC article? Wasps love in?

Need I go on?

Otis

Sounds like Bigirimana WOULD have played yesterday. Robins is talking of 'having to make that change' because of Bigi's wife's pregnancy alert.

So sounds like he was down to play. Guess that would have been at the expense of Stevenson.

skyblueinBaku

Putting a full back in midfield in place of a midfielder was nothing unusual for a manager like Slade. His choice of players and the positions they were to play in seemed to be quite random.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Putting a full back in midfield in place of a midfielder was nothing unusual for a manager like Slade. His choice of players and the positions they were to play in seemed to be quite random.

Bit like having strikers on the wing ;)

Not sure Robin's thoughts behind that one yesterday. But won't hold it against him just yet :)

steve82

Kwame Thomas out wide clearly did not work yesterday.

Didn't have the best of afternoons, but I can see why he's there. He can cut in from a wide position into the box and also is the only player in the squad that is a reasonable ball carrier in the attacking half.
Reid cannot do it consistently, JJ is pathetic at it and has no useful positional play at the minute.
Plus we set up 4231 in attacking phases and compressed to 4411/442 early on in our defensive shape. I do feel he'd of been a better option in the more central role tho for his ability to win the ball in the air. He played there in the latter stages but was all to late then

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Kwame Thomas out wide clearly did not work yesterday.

Agreed! (Hence my post. Not sure I need to confirm my agreement. But I'll keep it here anyway!).

Early in to his return, he looked very useful. Has the height. Is athletic. Holds it up well. Just not sure what he's done to suggest that he suits playing out wide as it certainly doesn't convince me he can when I see him in games

Adge

Bit like having strikers on the wing ;)

Not sure Robin's thoughts behind that one yesterday. But won't hold it against him just yet :)
Could say the same about George Thomas then?.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Could say the same about George Thomas then?.

You could, although I think he's better suited to cutting in from out wide. Until recently he's looked pretty frightened in front of goal when playing up top. Yet when he's played on the right and found himself in good positions he's often put them away.

Maybe that's a confidence thing for him but I do think he's offered more from a midfield position

stupot07

Didn't have the best of afternoons, but I can see why he's there. He can cut in from a wide position into the box and also is the only player in the squad that is a reasonable ball carrier in the attacking half.
Reid cannot do it consistently, JJ is pathetic at it and has no useful positional play at the minute.
Plus we set up 4231 in attacking phases and compressed to 4411/442 early on in our defensive shape. I do feel he'd of been a better option in the more central role tho for his ability to win the ball in the air. He played there in the latter stages but was all to late then

I must have blinked and missed that, because the one thing I don't see in his locker is ball carrying ability....hes like Bambi on ice....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adge

You could, although I think he's better suited to cutting in from out wide. Until recently he's looked pretty frightened in front of goal when playing up top. Yet when he's played on the right and found himself in good positions he's often put them away.

Maybe that's a confidence thing for him but I do think he's offered more from a midfield position
Yep-definitely better out on the right. Like a rabbit in the headlights when he was played upfront at the start of the season.

steve82

His agent looks a even bigger tit now! A shambles, looks like Slade was right after all to keep him out.

Adge

His agent looks a even bigger tit now! A shambles, looks like Slade was right after all to keep him out.
He certainly was! Can't see why people were calling for him to be in. Couldn't even pass the ball 10 yards to a team mate and rightly subbed after 58 mins.

Grendel

Although Slade got nearly everything wrong he was right about Bigi.... what is he actually good at ?

Getting sone fans to actually believe he can play football by kissing the badge?

steve82

He, was shocking I said at the time when people were calling for him back and how we desperately need him.
He did tonight what he's done all season. Not good enough, piss poor decision making

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Slade can't talk, what exactly was that clown fucking good at?

An uninspiring appointment, tactically a disaster, couldnt motivate the players on a regular basis, wore a bargain bucket hat and 'played' some of the worst football I've ever seen. The man shouldn't have been allowed to sweep up at the Ricoh.

He's been sacked twice in one season - by March!! He should be banned from football along with that prat McLaren.

6 Generations

An uninspiring appointment, tactically a disaster, couldnt motivate the players on a regular basis, wore a bargain bucket hat and 'played' some of the worst football I've ever seen. The man shouldn't have been allowed to sweep up at the Ricoh.

He's been sacked twice in one season - by March!! He should be banned from football along with that prat McLaren.

Totally agree on Slade, but a few of us actually thought he would well.

In terms of Bigi, I'm not sure what i watched from him tonight.

Back in the day the 'Back heel out of play' would probably have been shown on 'Covee Break'

skyblueeyesrevisited

Bigi take your paternity leave and don't bother coming back. That was the most inept midfield performance of the year. You can't find a city shirt from 5 yards so I'm not sure why you a trying to hit 40 yard diagonals. The back heel when we're under the cosh really said it all. Your out of your depth

steve82

To put in a performance like he did tonight after your agent says he's the best passer in the team and will seek to talk to Mark Robins ASAP well I hope it's tomorrow morning!!!!
The man who's now married, grown up and wants to settle better find somewhere else to settle.
Hope your agent does the business son

Adge

That back heel straight out was the one, absolutely awful. Looks mega silly now with his agent mouthing off.
No, that was actually one off his better passes-someone in the crowd shouted "over here!".

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

As much as there is clearly a hatred for Slade, this is more about Bigi, especially after his performance last night.

He wasn't good enough when Mowbray signed him, and he isn't good enough now.

covcity4life

in bigis defence the entire team had a shcoker last night and ben stevenson was even worse than him! no one made themselves available for passes.

not too take away from fact bigi was shit mind.

lifeskyblue

Whilst I totally agree that Bigi was rubbish last night so were 9 other players. Only DKE comes away with his reputation in tact. Not because of his footballing ability but because of his heart.
Last night was the most inept performance by a city side in my 50+ years of supporting them. I would be happy to see none of them (except DKE) pull on the shirt ever again.
I hoped Bigi and Stevenson would work well together in midfield but neither showed, neither passed accurately and neither tackled. We should have let Stevenson go in January (ok I wouldn't have been happy if we had) but he isn't worth anything now. Bigi (and his agent) has lost his way and needs to remember football basics before spouting on about anything else.

PUSB

stupot07

They were all crap last night.

I maintain what I said about bigi earlier in this thread. He believes he is better than he he is, is too risky on the ball and tried the Hollywood too often 9/10 resulting in giving the ball away. Looked far better when he went off and Stevenson played the deep role.

Bigi just isn't good enough, and I doubt his ego or agent will allow him to drop to league two anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

i really liked reilly when i saw him. but that was in kick and rush tactics. the guy seems out of his depth when asked to make more than 2 passes a game now. his ball control shocking at times :(

His second touch is a tackle I only saw him do one thing in the second half

chiefdave

I reckon in Bigi's head he's a far better footballer than he actually is. He tries to do things that he just can't manage with his level of ability.

He needs to concentrate on doing the simple things right rather than crossfield passes and back heels.

Terry Gibson's perm

I reckon in Bigi's head he's a far better footballer than he actually is. He tries to do things that he just can't manage with his level of ability.

He needs to concentrate on doing the simple things right rather than crossfield passes and back heels.

He did look stupid when he tried a little flick which went out of play.

Users who are viewing this thread