Slade gone (1 Viewer)

Neil

I have to say I'm pleased slade has gone. The football has been so bad!

I would of loved Steve Evans. I know will get shot down but I don't think anyone better than him in these lower leagues.

Although robins will be good. But how long would he stay?

rhyshorton1

I'd never take Robins back in a million years. Him and his money grabbing sky blue blood can do one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I'd never take Robins back in a million years. Him and his money grabbing sky blue blood can do one.

you must really dislike him if you joined the forum in 2013 and nothing else has prompted you to post other than the thought of Robins returning.

covcity4life

Hello you..... cheeky.
Like I've put on the other thread. Came with the cv to give us all hope, ultimately it didn't work and if he's not the man for next season then it's really is best to part ways sooner rather than later from a ccfc point of view. Shame, really. I do believe come the summer he could of build a genuine squad to go at league 2... obviously I'm alone in these thoughts.
I'd like to go on record that I will hold back in backing the next manager... I think we all understand why
Pusb!

I hope slade does well at his next club. Genuinly do

clint van damme

Not sure about that, most managers have seemed to move on to better things after us bar Pressley.

most people blame sisu for everything anyway so I'm not sure that not succeeding at City is really that much of a blot on your CV.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Can you really afford to be that particular about non-footballing matters. I'd take Donald Trump as the new manager at the moment if he was likely to get us promoted out of League 2 next season.

Essexrobbie

Ooooow he won't be leading a team out to a packed wembley.... id be gutted. Has he ever led a team out before in which case he might not be too bothered?

Cov kid 55

Exactly the right thing if true, this disastrous appointment sealed our relegation as much as anything total, total disaster, trouble is the ninkanpoop who brought him here was it Venus or Fisher or both are still here. I suspect Sam Ricketts will step in now so if he does let's give him time and support

Time and support? That will be novel!

duffer

I thought Slade was the man for the job, I really did. Clearly the results didn't support that opinion.

However, the glaring truth for me is that if you've gone through the number of managers that we have and still not found one that works, then the root cause of the problem probably isn't the manager!

no_loyalty

Slade gone but not forgotten, worst City manager in history

italiahorse

Robins did alright. I agree to an extent but I genuinely think we've been good at appointing shit managers. Dowie, Robins, TM and SP all had decent spells.

Owners responsible for choosing shit managers by and large.

Every year we drop the bar on managers and players.
We had some luck with Robins and some bad luck with Mowbray.
Then we put people in charge lacking experience like Thorn and Venus.

Similarly on players, taking the ones no one else wants.
Whoever got Yakubu in needed sacking immediately.

We've had peaks in both but overall the progression is down.
I'm calling it bullshit that the budget is competitive.
I believe the budget is reduced because other miscellaneous costs that are not normally included.
I'm no expert but somethings not right and the devil would be in any detail (non existent)

The blame solely lies on the poor management and unlike other management that basically did have CCFC in at heart,
SISU don't give a toss about CCFC or its fans.

saltaire bantam

I have to say I'm pleased slade has gone. The football has been so bad!

I would of loved Steve Evans. I know will get shot down but I don't think anyone better than him in these lower leagues.

Although robins will be good. But how long would he stay?

That's a good shout, when Parkinson walked out and left us in the lurch, despite Evans being the pantomime villain in Bradford with both Crawley & Rovrum, many Bradford fans wanted him as the new manager. His record at Leeds is bloody good, and that was before they became stable, look at his career win ratio and you think WTF is he doing at Mansfield?
He is a total wind up merchant and it seems to work in his teams favour.

duffer

Can you really afford to be that particular about non-footballing matters. I'd take Donald Trump as the new manager at the moment if he was likely to get us promoted out of League 2 next season.

I'm up for Trump too, 'alternative facts' are our only remaining hope...

"Another terrific win for the mighty Sky Blues at Shrewsbury yesterday, still top of the league. Why won't the press tell the truth. Sad."

Sky Blue Harry H

I thought Slade was the man for the job, I really did. Clearly the results didn't support that opinion.

However, the glaring truth for me is that if you've gone through the number of managers that we have and still not found one that works, then the root cause of the problem probably isn't the manager!

Yes - with you on this one Duffer. A bit like changing your keeper every few weeks, if the back 4 in front of him are completely useless. That said, I'd sooner change it now than leave it until the end of the season. Not sure I care who comes in, provided they do the job and turn the ship around (next season, obviously!)

clint van damme

I believe the budget is reduced because other miscellaneous costs that are not normally included.
I'm no expert but somethings not right and the devil would be in any detail (non existent)

The blame solely lies on the poor management and unlike other management that basically did have CCFC in at heart,

while agreeing the the main thrust of your post, that there is something underlying badly wrong at the club, you still can't absolve managers of all blame for what has gone on and slade in particular.

steve82

I hope slade does well at his next club. Genuinly do

He will most likely, may be a case of right man at the wrong time with the wrong group of players.
He couldn't stay tho in all honestly, relationship the fans towards him was gone.
If he was to be kept on then the few who are likely to renew season tickets may of opted not to based on his appointment.
It's best all round a new man is appointed and soon to.
Ps... I've been able to cancel the 16'x10' RS flag saluting the fans fortunately. Phew.

Sky Blue Harry H

That's a good shout, when Parkinson walked out and left us in the lurch, despite Evans being the pantomime villain in Bradford with both Crawley & Rovrum, many Bradford fans wanted him as the new manager. His record at Leeds is bloody good, and that was before they became stable, look at his career win ratio and you think WTF is he doing at Mansfield?
He is a total wind up merchant and it seems to work in his teams favour.

See you next week, Salty (Romain Vincelot et al!)

The Reverend Skyblue

Pay off Fleetwood for Uwe Rosler, he can't be on good money as their playing budget is around 1million.
That's the way to prepare for Grimsby,Lincoln and Forest Green.
Give the assistants job to Ricketts and off we go

SkyblueBazza

Of course the 16 games record is a bit shit to say the least...but am I being too cynical in thinking that they were still happy with being shit until Slade spoke out? Then they considered their other options & have someone now waiting in the wings.
After all they didn't have to hold out much longer before not having to pay up his deal.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Otis

I'm up for Trump too, 'alternative facts' are our only remaining hope...

"Another terrific win for the mighty Sky Blues at Shrewsbury yesterday, still top of the league. Why won't the press tell the truth. Sad."
Trump would be a good call.

No-one would score against us from free kicks. ;)

covcity4life

I hope he rots in hell while choking on his own excrement.
giphy.gif

Cov kid 55

I mentioned on the Shrewsbury game post that RS came down to the City end at the end of the match and thanked the fans for their support. I guess he was also saying goodbye. I'm pleased that he got a good reception from the fans at the game, unlike some of the posters on this forum.I feel sorry for the man, he came here to take on a difficult task, and for a number of reasons, failed to turn things round. Wonder what slack we'll cut the new man, when he needs it?

its a buzzard

Exactly the right thing if true, this disastrous appointment sealed our relegation as much as anything total, total disaster, trouble is the ninkanpoop who brought him here was it Venus or Fisher or both are still here. I suspect Sam Ricketts will step in now so if he does let's give him time and support
Novel spelling, but I've got to give you a like for nincompoop. Refreshing change from the usual wanker, c**t, arsehole, etc.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

He will most likely, may be a case of right man at the wrong time with the wrong group of players.
He couldn't stay tho in all honestly, relationship the fans towards him was gone.
If he was to be kept on then the few who are likely to renew season tickets may of opted not to based on his appointment.
On that basis SISU would have packed their bags about 7 years ago.

Skyblueweeman

Budget's bollocks though isn't it? There's absolutely no way that Burton had the biggest budget last season and look what happened. Similarly Leicester probably didn't have a top 10 budget either and we all know what happened there.

Listen, you know and I know that SISU are utter cluster-fucks but a succession of poor managers and poor recruitment has also assisted in our drop.

Users who are viewing this thread