Slade gone (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Whilst you can't ignore the state the club is in I really don't believe our budget and setup is so bad we should be a relegation candidate, let alone cast adrift at the bottom.

We still have a cat 2 academy, we still have Ryton and despite sinking crowds we must have a half decent budget compared to others in the league.

There's either something going on we don't know about and, as hard as it is to imagine, things are even worse behind the scenes than we thought, or Slade has massively underperformed. Things were bad under Mowbray and Venus but we've got worse since Slade came in.

Can't imagine there's any thought of a new manager keeping us up so we might as well start looking to next season.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I thought Slade was the man for the job, I really did. Clearly the results didn't support that opinion.

However, the glaring truth for me is that if you've gone through the number of managers that we have and still not found one that works, then the root cause of the problem probably isn't the manager!

plus wait and see how TM does with blackburn and if slade gets a new job how he does if they both do well well then!

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Looks like its going to be Robins again.

EXCLUSIVE: Mark Robins to become new Coventry City manager

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

robins is like a cheating bf, had it good wanted more pissed off went through few flings then comes grovelling back, lets say just saying he magically keeps us up or we go down and first half league 2 season were top 2 how long again you think it be before a higher club comes looking and he pisses off again!

pastythegreat

Sam Ricketts a good guy but I believe it's an outsider
Good luck to him
Tbh not the worst situation to be taking over
Any improvement in the league would be applauded and he has a Wembley final where we are underdogs
It won't be an outsider!
New appointment to be made by tomorrow at the latest! Fisher isn't that clever to of sourced a new man before sacking slade and if we can find a new manager in 24 hours then is he gonna be any good?
3 options.
1, Venus to temporarily take charge again (doubtful)
2, Oggy to take charge until the end of season/new manager is found.
3, Ricketts (same as above)

Possibly Oggy and Rickets

If Ricketts does a half decent job then he'll be kept on for next season.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
It won't be an outsider!
New appointment to be made by tomorrow at the latest! Fisher isn't that clever to of sourced a new man before sacking slade and if we can find a new manager in 24 hours then is he gonna be any good?
3 options.

What will the shrewsbury score be?

Reactions: mds

dadgad

Robins is an odd one!? BUT
After he left took the position of Sisu against the Council.
This may be an indication that he's a friend of Fisher and that Sisu are going nowhere.
;((((

torchomatic

I'm quite happy with Robins. Did well before and after all, he does, if you all remember, apparently bleed sky blue blood.

Irish Sky Blue

The football was good, fast flowing attacking. However no McGoldrick, Baker, Clarke Murphy, McSheffrey, Christi and Mousa. I think it could be harder the second time around. Had no assurances about things from Sisu last time. I wonder if he even asked this time?

Philosorapter

We need someone who understands how to win at a game. We need someone who understands game theory when linked with sports.

CovBurty

Whoever Fisher gets in, this season is finished. But right decision to sack Slade, as he was a complete failure. Not sure it would be wise to give Rickets a temp job, it may upset him for the rest of his managerial career if he has one.
My opinion is, the team has been the reason why successive managers have failed. This squad just doesn't have the ability/consistency to win games. No matter what manager. Too much crap.

Hobo

Slade applied for a very difficult job. Unfortunately he made no indent on the task. Mowbray and Pressley, before him did initially before running aground.

Make no mistake it is a difficult job. Picking up players is difficult at this level, especially in January; practically impossible to get quality without money.

I said with Pressley and again with Mowbray it is a four year rolling job. Slade , nor the others came here to fail, but we need to appoint with a long term philosophy. We need patience to rebuild around the correct ethos.

For me there lies the problem. The manager is just a brick in the wall of policy. The club has to decide where it wants to go and how. Then appoint the right coach/manager/team to achieve it. Hard nose slumps and set backs by showing progress is being made.

Enter Mr Fisher, who I wish would exit stage left. I would rather have kept Slade rather than Fisher and that is no endorsement of Slade's ability.

CovBurty

Fisher sacked is the headline we all want. He is the real problem. How does he sleep at night? If I was that shit at my job I would've walked years ago.
I would like to ask Fisher if he ever actually played any football when he was younger? He looks like the kid who was picked last.

oldfiver

It won't be an outsider!
3 options.

Not that "Great" at forecasting !

slowpoke

People saying they feel sorry for Slade I don't normally a manager comes in and wins a few games then once the honeymoon is over we go back to being shit again. RS made us even shitter then we were before no improvement at all. I share no sympathy with him going awful manager

Slade was dog shit......didn't work move on. Jury is out about Robins. Was a big fan before he fucked off and the ludicrous Sky Blue blood statement.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread